Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-02-2020, 08:25 PM

Default Ross ranch for elk

How did you do this year. Heard lots about it. Thinking of trying it next year. Any mulie bucks in there ?
Old 10-03-2020, 12:08 AM

Annnd another secret is out
Old 10-03-2020, 01:41 AM

Which Ross Ranch are you talking about ?
Old 10-03-2020, 04:38 AM

This is why we can’t have nice things haha
Old 10-03-2020, 06:30 AM

Save your priority points, no Elk around!
Old 10-03-2020, 08:37 AM

Not what it used to be, don’t waste your time
Old 10-03-2020, 09:04 AM

I guess I’ll look somewhere else. There’s this pinhorn thing near it. Anything in there?
Old 10-03-2020, 09:28 AM

There is no animals in Alberta everyone might as well hunt somewhere else. Maybe just quit hunting all together. Ya that’s a great idea everyone please stop hunting in Alberta we have no animals left here.!!!
I’m going to Ross ranch tomorrow to make sure there all gone if I see any left I’ll make sure to tell them to move on south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2020, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powder burner View Post
I guess I’ll look somewhere else. There’s this pinhorn thing near it. Anything in there?

The only way to know for sure is to go there yourself and scout it out people on here will blow smoke up your ass all day to keep people away from where they hunt. If you want to hunt a area I would suggest just putting on your boots and have a look around for yourself.

Old 10-03-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UngulateMeatEater View Post
The only way to know for sure is to go there yourself and scout it out people on here will blow smoke up your ass all day to keep people away from where they hunt. If you want to hunt a area I would suggest just putting on your boots and have a look around for yourself.

Elk are mobile, here today, somewhere else tomorrow.

Grizz
Old 10-03-2020, 10:06 AM

I’ve hunted down there a few times now. It can be very hit or miss depending on weather, water level and if it’s been a dry year. The priority is also pretty high considering the animals could be across the border when you get there. It’s a nice area if you don’t mind putting on some miles. Pretty much everything is foot access only now. They weren’t even letting horses on the Pinhorn last year. If you happen to draw a tag I will try to help.
Old 10-03-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:

I wouldn’t blow smoke up your ass, but make sure you let us know what you find. I’ve helped a lot of guys fill tags down there over the years. There were some very disappointed high priority tags that didn’t get filled.
Old 10-03-2020, 08:46 PM

I've had one of the most amazing hunts for elk in that zone (not on the ranch specifically) and this year from what I saw was sure a lot different than others in terms of both quantity and quality.
Old 10-09-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:

Just wondering how you made out?
Old 10-09-2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:

This ^
Old 10-09-2020, 01:45 PM

I really do believe that there’s been a large gap created these days with how popular hunting has gotten. I don’t think some even know the meaning of the word “hunt” let alone what it means to go hunting or be a hunter. It might blow some socks off people BUT successful hunters have been around a wee bit longer than the internet... there I said it. The real secret is out, sorry in advance.
Old 10-13-2020, 06:30 AM

Quote:

How’s the hunting going?
Old 10-13-2020, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEyeGardner View Post
I really do believe that there’s been a large gap created these days with how popular hunting has gotten. I don’t think some even know the meaning of the word “hunt” let alone what it means to go hunting or be a hunter. It might blow some socks off people BUT successful hunters have been around a wee bit longer than the internet... there I said it. The real secret is out, sorry in advance.
Agreed! Lots of guys want the easy way out, the magic pill. No pill out there I use to be one of the guys looking for it, all be it 20 years ago now! Get out of the truck, get in the Bush, especially if your hunting moose or elk. It takes time and work. Stop looking for short cuts