Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-02-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.C View Post
All the help farmer get from the government. I grew up in the country. I also have a very large number of very close landowner freinds that dont ever get tags thogh the program.
So you gave up your free land or did you sell it? I never said I get the tags either, heck maybe I don't even hunt deer.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 11-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
Now you are threatening people on an open forum. You weren't an above average student, were you?
who threatend who??????? I never said anything at all as a threat. I think you must be the slow one her boy.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Not sure what that rant is all about but OK. Some people believe landowners aren't allowed to own land. If that is your view that is fine.
Nah, my rant is about the consequences of abusing the land owner tag system to bypass the priority system. It's a version of paid hunting I disagree with. If you guys want it that way fine. But unless how the program is managed changes. Folks with means will lock ALL of us out of the good spots.
What would the ag industry in Alberta be like if every guy that hunts from Calgary and Edmonton goes out and buys a quarter?
Old 11-02-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
You can take you land and do what ever you want.... You wonder why people shoot with no permission, poach deer and what ever else you complain about?????? I will tell you. Cause you think you are the only one entitled to anything cause you have land that you never payed a dime for and you finaced it for another... Take away that land that you got for FREE and you would not own that other piece would you?????????? I hope you choke on the animal you shot with your land owner tag... Also send me your address I do want to come see you.
First off I live in Chauvin My name is Travis stop at the hunting store there and they will point you in my direction. They know my #. Secondly I was just given the 5 quarters of land this year, Been farming for 25 years now. I never was given land until this last year. I worked and rented land for 15 years before I bought out said farmer then bought out more farmers that were getting old and had no one to GIVE their land to Im using the land i was given to finance my land purchases now yes, but the other land I worked my ***** off to get. I never ever said I dont let anyone on my land, I have taken up to 10 kids and first timers out hunting on MY land every year. I have taken many AO members out hunting also when they have asked permission.

And as for the threat I have copied and pasted this and sent it to my lawyer right now. Grow a brain, This is the 21st century you dont threaten people on the internet and think things wont come of it. Be expecting a visit soon from local LEO's.

Just so you know I get a landowners tag every year that I dont get drawn, dont usually shoot it but still have it incase i find something big on MY land.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
who threatend who??????? I never said anything at all as a threat. I think you must be the slow one her boy.
You have demanded addresses or land locations from both trav and I, so "I can come see you". Sounds like an implied threat to a couple of us. If it isn't that is good.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 11-02-2011, 10:51 PM

[QUOTE=Mulie.stalker;1143603] my major problem is understanding why is it that because you are born in a different region of alberta you are given more oppurtunity to hunt... I live in calgary but every part of my heart and soul is in the wild. so why is it that i have to wait 5-7 years to get a mule deer buck tag to use my rifle to hunt the deer while a landowner that IMO lives a better lifestyle already now gets the advantage to hunt more?? (and I have the opinion of the lifestyle from close family, friends and personal expeirence) If this is the proper way to acheive a balanced draw system, something in alberta is straight *****ed

There is some benefits to owning land in the city and some in the country. The city has better schools, jobs, shopping, roads, health care, public transportation, close access to grocery stores you can buy your meat at instead. But Oh my god a land owner in the country can shoot a mule deer and his little chunk of land one month of the year, it's just not fair is it.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:53 PM

My dad can beat up your dad.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:56 PM

If we care about the trophy quality of out herds and hunting opportunities for people we need to come up with constructive ideas to manage both the herd and landowner access. Hence my ideas to try to blend the 2 together a little.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:57 PM

Justin C

I forgot also I have applied for the Landowner Quota tags for the CWD program

I did this because there is a limited amount that are given out and I did it so that there will be at least 6 deer safe from others shooting. I applied but will not get them

so dont think all landowners want to kill everything we can, we try to manage what is on the land so that future generations can hunt them and keep this great sport going
Old 11-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav View Post
First off I live in Chauvin My name is Travis stop at the hunting store there and they will point you in my direction. They know my #. Secondly I was just given the 5 quarters of land this year, Been farming for 25 years now. I never was given land until this last year. I worked and rented land for 15 years before I bought out said farmer then bought out more farmers that were getting old and had no one to GIVE their land to Im using the land i was given to finance my land purchases now yes, but the other land I worked my ***** off to get. I never ever said I dont let anyone on my land, I have taken up to 10 kids and first timers out hunting on MY land every year. I have taken many AO members out hunting also when they have asked permission.

And as for the threat I have copied and pasted this and sent it to my lawyer right now. Grow a brain, This is the 21st century you dont threaten people on the internet and think things wont come of it. Be expecting a visit soon from local LEO's.

Just so you know I get a landowners tag every year that I dont get drawn, dont usually shoot it but still have it incase i find something big on MY land.
well I am glad you take kids out. I am also glad you learned the true meaning of a dollar as well. I did not threaten you so get bent.... i hope you called the rcmp aswell. as they will laugh at you. I know I sure am. You sure going to be waiting a while to get a deer up there if you are waiting for a big one.

PS get the rcmp to PM me when they want me to come in to the office.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeze View Post
Nah, my rant is about the consequences of abusing the land owner tag system to bypass the priority system. It's a version of paid hunting I disagree with. If you guys want it that way fine. But unless how the program is managed changes. Folks with means will lock ALL of us out of the good spots.
What would the ag industry in Alberta be like if every guy that hunts from Calgary and Edmonton goes out and buys a quarter?
It would be nice for SRD to release the landowner tag numbers for every zone. That way we would actually know if there are abuses of the system or not. Until that happens we are arguing about sfa. I fail to see how it is paid hunting, a bit of explanation would be nice on that point. Please explain how folks with means can lock us all out of hunting? Without a major shift in paid hunting policy it can't happen easily on private land, there are tens of thousands of acres of crown land.
Every person in Alberta is entitled to buy a quarter of land, always have been, hopefully always will be. Farms are getting bigger not smaller. That argument has more holes than a colander.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
You have demanded addresses or land locations from both trav and I, so "I can come see you". Sounds like an implied threat to a couple of us. If it isn't that is good.
to come shoot a deer not anybody or fight... Wow are you guys slow...I am far from being that dumb too come on here and oddering threats.....give your head a shake... you land owners sy you feed all of the deer and i have a tag so i am coming to collect my tax money bck when you get help from them throgh a deer...... Is that clear or do you need that in CAPS..... also withh travis he told me to come up there and see him... He must have been threatening me then I am going to call mey dad laywer and my local rcmp.... ''

Grow up you two...
Old 11-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Justin C

I forgot also I have applied for the Landowner Quota tags for the CWD program

I did this because there is a limited amount that are given out and I did it so that there will be at least 6 deer safe from others shooting. I applied but will not get them

so dont think all landowners want to kill everything we can, we try to manage what is on the land so that future generations can hunt them and keep this great sport going
That is great to here that. That hunt should have never happened.I never said you did. I am 1000000% trophy hunter first I shoot a doe or an cow elk for meat... I am sick thinking about cwd and how our gov has screwd us out of what we had.Trav I am 100% with you on that note. I just want to get back what we all got to enjoy before cwd.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
I fail to see how it is paid hunting, a bit of explanation would be... That argument has more holes than a colander.
Not sure how it's not coming together for you. If I can take 150000 dollars and buy a quarter of prime mule deer habitat... And by doing that guarantee a tag every year... With the purpose of the land purchase being mule deer hunting...
I have now used cash to bypass the draw system.

The secondary point is that there are people with the means and desire to do this and it has far reaching consequences for hunters and farmers/ranchers alike.

If my argument is weak as you say... Blast it.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:12 PM

Old 11-02-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
to come shoot a deer not anybody or fight... Wow are you guys slow...I am far from being that dumb too come on here and oddering threats.....give your head a shake... you land owners sy you feed all of the deer and i have a tag so i am coming to collect my tax money bck when you get help from them throgh a deer...... Is that clear or do you need that in CAPS..... also withh travis he told me to come up there and see him... He must have been threatening me then I am going to call mey dad laywer and my local rcmp.... ''

Grow up you two...
you asked for my addy I dont give my addy to anyone I dont know but they know how to get hold of me I can come meet you at the shop and cafe is right beside it if you want a coffee. it sounded like a threat if it was not Im sorry for thinking it was but it sure sounded like it, there is lots lost in typing versus speaking. but if you are coming up here to shoot something big good luck with all the CWD crap there is few deer anymore

Im done with this thread anyway I do what I feel is right and what is right according to the law. If someone does not like that then take it up with the local F&W so they can express their concerns

Good luck to everyone this hunting season, make sure you chew on your meat well so you dont choke............lol
Old 11-02-2011, 11:16 PM

Quote:
, make sure you chew on your meat well so you dont choke............lol
Old 11-02-2011, 11:21 PM

[QUOTE=Sneeze;1143625]I have a WAY better idea than all you. Let's ease the restrictions on land owner tags and encourage land owners to NOT provide access to any body but friends, family and of course the noble land owner. That way all those dum city slicks who make way more money then you do come out and bid up the price of the land. Of course anything with a creek or crops that ungulates love is gonna make it to a pretty big price. Then you can pay more tax on your land! Not to mention they don't want to cut all that fine feed down... So the next time you need to buy a bale it can cost more!

No need those Ducks unlimited turds already bid up the price of land in a lot of areas
Old 11-02-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Not sure how it's not coming together for you. If I can take 150000 dollars and buy a quarter of prime mule deer habitat... And by doing that guarantee a tag every year... With the purpose of the land purchase being mule deer hunting...

The secondary point is that there are people with the means and desire to do this and it has far reaching consequences for hunters and farmers/ranchers alike.

Good point. It would be much cheaper to pay an outfitter than your method, but you are correct. I guess if someone is that desperate to shoot a mulie then here isn't much we can do about it.

I'm getting to the age where driving up land prices is a good thing for me.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:23 PM

[QUOTE=chasingtail;1143704]
Quote:
No need those Ducks unlimited turds already bid up the price of land in a lot of areas
Whatever Buddy......
Old 11-02-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:

I would rather take up Bow hunting or travel somewhere it's general season then to pay $150,000 just to shoot a stinky Mule. $150,000 is cheap for a 1/4 btw. I never bothered to buy my land owners tag but I sure will next time.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:24 PM

Glad I live in central not "southeren" Alberta.

Have a nice evening Justin, it's been fun.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingtail View Post
I would rather take up Bow hunting or travel somewhere it's general season then to pay $150,000 just to shoot a stinky Mule. $150,000 is cheap for a 1/4 btw.
As much as $2250 an acre where we farm.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:43 PM

I am landowner in 138 but have never got a landowner tag yet. I dunno why they give out so few tags in this zone but i may get 1 this year. 6 years to draw a tag in this zone is crazy.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Banned

geez louise youve been busy the last hour.

first off....i didnt see anyone threaten anybody? next, i wish you would have said something sooner trav....i was just in 234 last week looking for a cow moose with a friend. sad to see whats going on there with the deer population. id have stopped in to say hi for sure....maybe pick your brain on where to find a girl moose.

and finally....ive said it before.....i am ok with landowner tags. if thats the bone we have to throw to make up for the ********s that landowners have to deal with im ok with it. what rips me is the abuses....ya know, the guys who get the tag but shoot a big buck wherever he happens to be rather than where the tag is good for. of course thats not the fault of the LO tag deal.....thats just another ******** poacher who needs to be dealt with.

threads like this sure make me thankful that where i hunt, i dont refer to the farmers, or landowners under those titles. theyre friends. if nobody had noticed....the sense of entitlement seems to be pretty strong both ways in this thread.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Enough with all this....lets see the pic of the 460 wby mag in action!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 03:34 AM

Default when you assume....

[QUOTE=chasingtail;1143660]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulie.stalker View Post
my major problem is understanding why is it that because you are born in a different region of alberta you are given more oppurtunity to hunt... I live in calgary but every part of my heart and soul is in the wild. so why is it that i have to wait 5-7 years to get a mule deer buck tag to use my rifle to hunt the deer while a landowner that IMO lives a better lifestyle already now gets the advantage to hunt more?? (and I have the opinion of the lifestyle from close family, friends and personal expeirence) If this is the proper way to acheive a balanced draw system, something in alberta is straight *****ed

There is some benefits to owning land in the city and some in the country. The city has better schools, jobs, shopping, roads, health care, public transportation, close access to grocery stores you can buy your meat at instead. But Oh my god a land owner in the country can shoot a mule deer and his little chunk of land one month of the year, it's just not fair is it.
I was not saying that?? Where did i ever mention that it isnt fair if he hunts the deer for meat??
Why would i want to buy my meat at the store anyways?? Isn't that what hunting is providing for yourself ?? and there are some benefits to living in the country aswell, renting a feedlot style yard in a newer neighbourhood in calgary by any means is not having "land" inside the city. unless your refering to my 8 foot section of grass infront of my house...
Health care is another one that i have to really disagree with aswell... Calgary hospital wait times are ridiculous so we end up a majority of the time traveling to smaller rural hospitals if needed. Ex: i cracked the back of my skull and needed stitches, what usually would have been a 30 minute wait just to see a doctor in a Calgary hospital and then a hour long ordeal to get the stitches i was in and out of Vulcan general in 20 minutes
Old 11-03-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
As WMU 138 has been brought up. Here are the numbers for 2010 Antlered Mule Deer. 2011 Landowner licence numbers are not available as they can still be applied for.

Note*- Resident Draw numbers may also include Non Resident Hunter Hosted. The number of Resident Draw licences may actually be less than stated.

Resident and NR Hosted Draw Licences - 7
- 223 applications were made, 2.3% success rate, does not include 999.
minimun 32 year wait to draw.

Landowner Licences - 6
Unlimited Allocation- unknown if Biologist rejected any applications.

Outfitter Allocation - 6
Bow season only - 4
Rifle or Bow season - 2

If I read this right then Alberta residents are only eligible to apply to draw for 37% of the available mule deer tags in this zone? WTH? Is this true, we are a minority in our own province?
Old 11-03-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
Enough with all this....lets see the pic of the 460 wby mag in action!!!
Hopefully this weekend. Been too busy with birds and work the past week or so.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo
As WMU 138 has been brought up. Here are the numbers for 2010 Antlered Mule Deer. 2011 Landowner licence numbers are not available as they can still be applied for.

Note*- Resident Draw numbers may also include Non Resident Hunter Hosted. The number of Resident Draw licences may actually be less than stated.

Resident and NR Hosted Draw Licences - 7
- 223 applications were made, 2.3% success rate, does not include 999.
minimum 32 year wait to draw.

Landowner Licences - 6
Unlimited Allocation- unknown if Biologist rejected any applications.

Outfitter Allocation - 6
Bow season only - 4
Rifle or Bow season - 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
If I read this right then Alberta residents are only eligible to apply to draw for 37% of the available mule deer tags in this zone? WTH? Is this true, we are a minority in our own province?
Close. The Outfitter allocation is 2 for the any weapon (rifle) season.

This is becoming a common allocation % in many wmus.

*The number of Resident Draw licences may actually be less than stated. I don't have the info on Hunter Hosted NR licences issued in the draw.

For 2010 in Wmu 138 Antlered MD Rifle Season

Resident AND NR Hosted - 7 = 46.7%

Landowner Licences - 6 = 40%

Outfitter (rifle) - 2 = 13.3%