Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-21-2011, 05:49 PM

Default Blinds vs Mother Nature

What do you guys do to protect your ground blinds from the weather? Mostly the wind. Last season the wind threw my blind around the field atleast once a month. Today I found my pop-up to be folded in lol. Set another one up, hopefully it doesn't get rag-dolled, this one was expensive!
Sittin' here waitin' on a deer, drinkin' beer and wastin' bullets, Aimin' at the empties, missin' hittin' pine trees, It ain't my fault them cans keep movin', My baby's on the phone sayin' baby come home, Where you been and What you've been doin', We'll I've been, sittin' here, waitin' on a deer
Drinkin' beer and wastin' bullets
Old 09-21-2011, 06:24 PM

mind got folded in to but, pretty sure it was the cows.lol
Old 11-05-2011, 03:09 PM

Hopefully this works

Sittin' here waitin' on a deer, drinkin' beer and wastin' bullets, Aimin' at the empties, missin' hittin' pine trees, It ain't my fault them cans keep movin', My baby's on the phone sayin' baby come home, Where you been and What you've been doin', We'll I've been, sittin' here, waitin' on a deer
Old 11-05-2011, 03:20 PM

I use square bails. Use to make the whole blind out of them but the bears kept thinking I was making a nice den for them. Now I have 3 bails high and it seems to work good
Old 11-05-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Taylor View Post
I use square bails. Use to make the whole blind out of them but the bears kept thinking I was making a nice den for them. Now I have 3 bails high and it seems to work good
I wanted to make one but not many square ball farmers around here. How are the mice? Mice seem to love coming into my blind while I'm in it
Old 11-05-2011, 04:11 PM

my first blind the cattle went through it like a freight train. and even took the time to chew it up. this time i got the new one pinned down between four little trees and tied down all around. lost some line of sight but figure it will be better than loosing and $350 bux
Old 11-05-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkaholic6 View Post
What do you guys do to protect your ground blinds from the weather? Mostly the wind. Last season the wind threw my blind around the field atleast once a month. Today I found my pop-up to be folded in lol. Set another one up, hopefully it doesn't get rag-dolled, this one was expensive!
If you set it up in the forest just tie the walls open so they can't cave in. One of my blinds has loops on the outside of each wall and I'll put string through and tie it around the nearest tree. Worked well last year. Also don't stake it into the snow if you can help it. As soon as it melts your blind will end up blown 800 yards away. I've never had one come out when stake into the actual ground. There's not a whole lot you can do about the mice, I had a porcupine chew a basketball sized hole in mine one year.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:28 AM

I stake mine down for the day or tie off to what ever is close log of tree . I dont leave my blinds out unless its on private land.

AL