Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-21-2010, 12:49 PM

Default Wife says "Move the coyote guns back to safe when not in use".

A few weeks ago guess the boss was tired of vacuuming around the 22-250's parked in the living room so asked if they would be going back to the safe soon. I replied no since a coyote gun on a bird farm is generally useles if always locked up so I like to keep them "handy" for both myself and my son. Seems she banged them with vacuum power nozzle so hoped they would be out of way "soon".
Now I had to go back to Ontario for a week due to an urgent family matter so had not done any coyote hunting since the beginning of the month until this week. I killed one Sunday at the neighbors and when I walked up to him I was surprized the SXSP had done so much pelt damage as a good 6 inch slit had opened up on the neck. When I fired this coyote was walking away from me so I was aiming for rear when he stopped and looked back at me.
This morning on a broadside shot I walked up to find out the hit once again was in the neck so it appears the rifle is consistently shooting to the right.
Talked to the boss when I got home this morning to see how hard the rifles were "knocked" by the power nozzle and found out both were knocked over while sitting on bipods. Guess I am sighting in again this afternoon and putting them away when not in use in the future.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:00 PM

Build/Buy a wall rack for them. Everyone's happy.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:06 PM
sheephunter

Women always find a way to make their point!
Old 12-21-2010, 01:07 PM

Two words, Iron sights.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:14 PM

Happy wife happy life is all i have to say, the wall rack will probably be a happy median.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:18 PM

Screwing a gun rack on her freshly painted 2010 accent walls. You guys don't know my wife. A hanging gun rack in the rec room maybe, main floor not going to happen. Besides I figured bipods had them up and off carpet a little bit so should be good to go.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:16 PM

Neither of us would be considered "tiny" so we will have to make sure they don't see us coming until it is too late.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
Talked to the boss when I got home this morning to see how hard the rifles were "knocked" by the power nozzle and found out both were knocked over while sitting on bipods. Guess I am sighting in again this afternoon and putting them away when not in use in the future.
If that were me, i can think of a few Vases or collectable glass items of hers that would be knocked over . I treat my guns better then I treat myself