Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 01-30-2018, 04:12 AM

Default Hoyt

I just purchased the new Hoyt Rx1 carbon anyone have any feedback on this bow, was very pricey
Old 01-30-2018, 05:37 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Make bi-monthly payments...enjoy the bow.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-30-2018, 09:06 AM

What do you want us to say, you've already bought it, don't get what your looking for out of this post. Did you not look into it before buying?
Old 01-30-2018, 11:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughgoat View Post
What do you want us to say, you've already bought it, don't get what your looking for out of this post. Did you not look into it before buying?
It's an awesome bow congrats on purchase
Old 01-30-2018, 07:15 PM

Looking at some today, I don’t know if it’s how they were supposed to be manufactured, but the top limbs were way off, and where the carbon and metal meet on the riser it looked like the riser was bent. If you were looking at it straight on, It did not look right at all. Looked at the hyper force, it didn’t seem to have the same wow in it. So I wonder if that is something that Hoyt did on purpose, or if there are manufacturers flaws in the design of the riser?? Take a look at yours. If you look at it from the front, it will kind of bow off to the side of the mounting bracket for sight and rest. Also, looking at it from the back, it almost looks like the limbs aren’t square to the riser. This caused major cam lean as well. This was on a bow that had not been tuned. But still, it looked pretty terrible. Hopefully it was just all in my head. I love the looks of them other than that.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:35 PM
Banned

I went to the shop a few weeks back and shot the RX-1 along side my Carbon Defiant and actually preferred my Carbon Defiant. Then I shot my Carbon Defiant Turbo along side the RX-1 Turbo and preferred the RX-1 Turbo. Then I shot the RX-1 along side the RX-1 Turbo and preferred the RX-1 Turbo.

I sold my Carbon Defiant Turbo and bought an RX-1 Turbo, but still think I like my Carbon Defiant better than the RX-1 Turbo.

The RX-1's have a nice draw and nice valley, but they like to jump at the shot, and for some reason the regular RX-1 seems to have more jump than the Turbo model??? Another thing is, is they are about 1/4 pound heavier than the Carbon Defiant. The new RX-1's tune a lot easier than the Carbon Defiant did, but that doesn't matter to me because I just have Lawrence at Accurate Archery set up my bows for me and they all shoot bullet holes. The new grip on the RX-1 is nice but I still prefer side plates. They moved the grip lower on the bow to improve balance but after it's all decked out I can't feel the difference.

Like all new bows, it's the best thing ever, but time will tell if it lives up to the hype I guess. And ya, they are pricey, about $500 over priced if you ask me.

So as far as the Turbo model goes,

Pros:
Easy tune
Nice factory grip
Fast
Nice draw
Has a valley
Has a rear stabilizer mount built into the riser
The new blackout edition looks sick!

Cons:
Heavy
Has a bit of a jump compared to the Defiant
Does not have an adjustable rotating mod like the Defiant Turbo
Over priced

All in all I figure it's a pretty nice bow but I haven't shot it with a sight yet to be able to get a real feel for it. Just have to dress her up with some green strings and dampeners.