Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 09:36 PM
Banned

Default Well excuse me!

Didn't realize that a thread on a TV show about a gun defect that I hadn't seen before would get locked instantly. My humblest and sincerest apologies

Last edited by catnthehat; 12-06-2016 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:46 PM

Default Remington

Why would we not want to discuss this issue . This documentary is a follow up to the original documentary and new issues have come up.

This is an outdoor hunting and shooting forum is it not. So what if it has been discussed before.

I guess better to discuss what's for supper or what music are you listing to now than something of substance to outdoorsmen.

Has this forum lost its way. Sorry to say but it appears that way sometimes.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
Why would we not want to discuss this issue . This documentary is a follow up to the original documentary and new issues have come up.

This is an outdoor hunting and shooting forum is it not. So what if it has been discussed before.

I guess better to discuss what's for supper or what music are you listing to now than something of substance to outdoorsmen.

Has this forum lost its way. Sorry to say but it appears that way sometimes.
This forum has not lost its way, this topic has been beaten to death several times however
Do a search and you will come up with several threads , most of them argumentative
Cat
Old 12-07-2016, 05:47 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
This forum has not lost its way, this topic has been beaten to death several times however
Do a search and you will come up with several threads , most of them argumentative
Cat
Cat we all know very well as hunters and fishermen that the cycle will continue just like it does with regards to outdoor magazines...a forum is just another version of periodically rehashing old items with perhaps a different twist or new eyes/thought etc being involved...after all how many outdoor magazines etc rehash the vulnerable 30-06 and its vast capabilities...old eyes get tired of it but new ones are intrigued.

Now let's get back to that old dirty Brit rifle the 303
Shot my first whitetail with one in 1992...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-07-2016, 05:56 AM

For those that missed the recall notice and own Remington's

PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING AND RECALL NOTICE

Remington Arms Company, LLC (“Remington”) is voluntarily recalling Remington Model 700™ and Model Seven™ rifles which were manufactured from May 1, 2006 through April 9, 2014 and which have an X-Mark Pro® (“XMP®”) trigger. Rifles manufactured after April 9, 2014 are not subject to recall.

Check your rifle here
http://xmprecall.remington.com/
Old 12-07-2016, 07:52 AM

It is an anti gun media witch hunt . Remington is the biggest manufacturer with the deepest pockets so they singled them out. Remington has a rebuttal video to this showing how many of these rifles were adjusted improperly to cause malfunctions for the purpose of the show. Why media didn't go after all other manufacturers whose box style triggers can malfunction the same way when crap gets into the mechanism blocking the sear from resetting or have been adjusted improperly is poor and discriminatory reporting. Currently there is a thread right here on AO about a CZ malfunctioning the same way.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:47 PM

If it's any consolation, I did not know that this was happening either, thank you for the heads up, I do not have that channel but will look for viewing of it on a different channel!!!

Cheers!
Closed Thread