Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-11-2018, 02:06 PM

Default Uncle Wieners Wholesale ?

Anybody have any feedback from shopping there? I was looking for some trailer tire prices and they are low priced. There skid steer tires and rims are also very competitive. Lots of stuff in there stores that interests me. How about the rest of you?

http://unclewiener.com/product/new-t...-tire-225-235/
Old 08-11-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannie View Post
Anybody have any feedback from shopping there? I was looking for some trailer tire prices and they are low priced. There skid steer tires and rims are also very competitive. Lots of stuff in there stores that interests me. How about the rest of you?

http://unclewiener.com/product/new-t...-tire-225-235/
I'd say if you can verify the manufacturer (brand name) of the product, and the price, then you are OK.

This is kind of like Princess Auto to me, they have tons of really cheap stuff, but quite a bit of it is cheap Chinese inferior brand crap.

In some cases, like tires, I'd be more cautious, on other items - it's probably not a big deal.

You will find decent stuff, like Carlisle tires at Princess auto (which are a decent brand) but you also find stuff like the "JoyBrand" (screams cheap China to me) stuff like in your link which I'd be cautious of.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:43 PM

I walked through the Calgary location, there was nothing I needed so I left empty-handed. Most stuff was from China, there were some interesting things like a commercial chicken plucker that you don't see at Princess Auto. For things like tool cabinets it might be OK, how can a set of roller slides mess up?
Old 08-11-2018, 02:44 PM
Banned

You pay half the price of a tire that will last 4 times as long. Depends what your intent is.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:02 PM

I bought a skid steer blade used it twice had to rebuild it completely. Made in China from Chinese steel. Cheap but no good. Some things not bad but you have to watch closely. Buy good skid steer tire or change them every fall. Soft rubber.
Old 08-11-2018, 04:50 PM

If it gets used once in a blue moon, no problem. If it is used regularly, particularly for your livelihood, then I would pass.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
If it gets used once in a blue moon, no problem. If it is used regularly, particularly for your livelihood, then I would pass.
Exactly how I look at it. I have tons of "once in a blue moon" use items like angled pliers, bottle jacks, come alongs, rubber mallets and stuff like that from Princess auto - but I use these once maybe twice a year - so no big deal.

I think the brand is "Power Fist" or something cool tough guy sounding like that. The stuff is average at best but it works fine.

Most of the time I bought these for a one time project and the price was half of what a quality brand name would have been - but it did the trick for me and didn't break the bank.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:02 PM

I bought some tools from the Edmonton location, JUNK. I expected cheap but id buy Canadian tire tools before Uncle weiners. Whole new level of garbage.

A guy I work with bought the $1000 impact socket set and he has had some sockets blow apart after only a few uses
Old 08-11-2018, 10:34 PM

I didn't think it was possible to sell a crappier product than what P-A sells, but I was wrong. Most of the stuff in there is PURE JUNK!

But I did just score a -15 mummy style sleeping bag there for $25, and that's the place if your looking for LED light bars. $150 for a 52" curved if memory serves me.

They also have HUGE tool boxes for crazy low blowout prices but I just don't trust those cheap sliders, they are already falling apart on the floor models but if you could swap them out for quality roller bearings you would be all set.

I'm surprised anyone would buy tools from there, if it works once consider yourself lucky. That is NOT the place to buy tools
Old 08-12-2018, 06:40 AM

Some of their things like tool boxes are damaged items so make sure to look closely.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:19 PM

Chinese crap.
Yard light lasted 36 hours.
Thought they had a good deal as advertised on 18.4x38 tires. Guy said 4 months to delivery.
I would not trust anyone around anything hydraulic they sell.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:30 PM

i bought a tarp Quonset 20x40 . its been up for 2 summers and one winter . still standing and looks ok .

bottom line is , you get what you pay for .
Old 08-13-2018, 06:35 AM

Has anyone bought the trailer tires 235 80 r16 or skid steer tires from them?

Its tempting as is does not seem to make a difference for me in what brand of skid steer tire I buy as they get very similar hours of use for them. 1 year is about it or say approx. 600-700 hours. Trailer tires are for skid steer trailers or dump box trailer which eat tires too as they are doing heavy load short radius turns and lots of skidding going on. On line I could not find the 235 80 r16 without a rim and with a rim they are 299.00. I do go through lots of these 2 types of tires and just looking to save some cash.

From the replies so far it sure is not encouraging.... lol
Old 08-13-2018, 08:20 AM

I bought some dog kennels there. About 1/3 to 1/2 price as pet stores, and they are just fine quality wise.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:53 AM

Don't buy the "AR500" dueling tree. AR500 it is not.......

http://unclewiener.com/product/6-swi...g-tree-target/

Old 08-13-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannie View Post
Has anyone bought the trailer tires 235 80 r16 or skid steer tires from them?

Its tempting as is does not seem to make a difference for me in what brand of skid steer tire I buy as they get very similar hours of use for them. 1 year is about it or say approx. 600-700 hours. Trailer tires are for skid steer trailers or dump box trailer which eat tires too as they are doing heavy load short radius turns and lots of skidding going on. On line I could not find the 235 80 r16 without a rim and with a rim they are 299.00. I do go through lots of these 2 types of tires and just looking to save some cash.

From the replies so far it sure is not encouraging.... lol

I bought the trailer tires, I wanted cheap tires to put on just my back axle as the ones on it were down to the belts, while the front axle is fine. They have a few hundred KM's on them and seem to be doing just fine. For $85 I can put almost 3 sets on for roughly the same price as 1 decent set. Plus I dont plan on keeping the trailer much longer.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren32 View Post

Were you using communist surplus fmj ammo?
Old 08-14-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Were you using communist surplus fmj ammo?
No, lead core 223 at 100m. The same ammo has hit an actual AR500 gong at that distance hundreds of times and not caused any damage.

Its the steel, not the ammo.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:24 PM

Who in the world thought up the name for this business?
Better question, who in the world agreed that it was a good idea?
Old 08-14-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
Who in the world thought up the name for this business?
Better question, who in the world agreed that it was a good idea?
Its about as weird a business name as I've heard, but perhaps that's their schtick? Have a weird name and its memorable. Like that junk vendor Bianca Amore's, similarly odd name but without the pedophilic overtones.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:49 AM

Angry ****ed Right Off!

My husband bought 2 LED fluorescent light bulbs. Wasn't sure at the moment if they had to be 1 or 2 pin. Well unfortunately he bought the wrong ones. looked their return policy online, said they will do in-store credit. Well after driving 1 1/2 hours to the Edmonton store and waisting my time, I was told 'sorry, I can't help u!' Handed me a card for claims department and sent me on my not so merry way! WELL, if you want to buy stuff from this place, make sure u know what u are getting because they do not stand by their return policy. I don't usually post bad things, but I was not the only customer upset at the counter at the time. This is the review i left on google:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 2.13.48 AM.jpg (35.7 KB, 114 views)
Old 10-17-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcor View Post
My husband bought 2 LED fluorescent light bulbs. Wasn't sure at the moment if they had to be 1 or 2 pin. Well unfortunately he bought the wrong ones. looked their return policy online, said they will do in-store credit. Well after driving 1 1/2 hours to the Edmonton store and waisting my time, I was told 'sorry, I can't help u!' Handed me a card for claims department and sent me on my not so merry way! WELL, if you want to buy stuff from this place, make sure u know what u are getting because they do not stand by their return policy. I don't usually post bad things, but I was not the only customer upset at the counter at the time. This is the review i left on google:
WOW, that is some first post! They must have REALLY twisted your tail. That said, if they don't honor returns then no way would I deal with them either. Good to know so I can avoid them. won't be in business very long operating that way. Princess Auto may sell junk but they do honor their return policy.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:40 AM

I bought a blue tooth speaker from them. Did not work, went to take it back the next day and was told sorry cannot take electronics back. I was looking for and exchange as it was only 8 bucks. I'll never set foot in there again.

BW
Old 10-17-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Its about as weird a business name as I've heard, but perhaps that's their schtick? Have a weird name and its memorable. Like that junk vendor Bianca Amore's, similarly odd name but without the pedophilic overtones.
Exactly. You'd never remember Uncle Bratwurst or Uncle Breakfast sausage, but Uncle Weiner is unforgettable.
Brilliant!
Old 10-17-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren32 View Post

I made the same mistake. I was however able to return it. 270 went through it like it wasn't there. My actual AR500 gong at the same distance didn't have a mark on it. I documented with photos and they took it back.

G
Old 10-17-2018, 03:13 PM

I bought a 20 x 40 party tent for $795 + gst. It's for a reunion next summer and if I get 1 use out if it I will have saved over renting a tent for 3 days.
Haven't put it up yet and I know it is cheap but you can't expect quality at a cheap price. As long as all the pieces are there it will do.
Never bought anything before and likely won't again but comparing the same product online.....they had the best price
Old 10-17-2018, 08:32 PM

It's a budget version of princess auto.... Think of it as a Princess Auto's Princess Auto....
Old 10-18-2018, 06:28 AM

– We supply many dealers / re sellers

That sounds scary. I've bought utility type tires from Princess Auto and that Chinese rubber has a unique strong smell and they seem to get hard very quickly.

Grizz
Old 10-18-2018, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosfella View Post
It's a budget version of princess auto.... Think of it as a Princess Auto's Princess Auto....
So, use once, it breaks?
Old 10-18-2018, 08:44 AM

Any place that has a marketing strategy that only spams the hell out of kijiji is no place I will ever shop.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."