Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-15-2018, 09:06 PM

Default Gunfight in Spirit River! Property owner fights back.

This article is kinda unclear as to which vehicle the passenger was in and such but wow! Wasn't it spirit river the bad guy shot the intruder bad guy in his house with a shotgun? A bunch of vehicles shot south of GP. A car jacking in the bush and a trucker threatened at gunpoint. The North is a dangerous this year.

https://everythinggp.com/article/541...-leads-charges

Last edited by Jays toyz; 10-15-2018 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:08 PM

Much better writing here.

https://www.mygrandeprairienow.com/4...ht-trespasser/
Old 10-15-2018, 09:28 PM

It's a classic cry for help, discharging a pistol at other people. He probably just needs a little time in a healing lodge, to get in touch with his inner child. Then he can live up to his potential as a worthwhile member of society. He was probably oppressed by a white man at some point. I'm thinking of starting a GofundMe page for him....cause I'm sensitive that way.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-15-2018, 09:38 PM

30 year old Ian Preston Letendre is facing 25 criminal charges. He has no fixed address.

After three years on bail he'll be released because he wasn't given a speedy trial, the home owner will be charged with unsafe storage be fined lose his guns and PAL.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:23 AM

I was surprised by the CBC article that he wasn't charged with attempted murder x3. Shooting at a truck, a home owner and then having a shootout with the husband would in my mind be an intent to kill.

I also can't believe nobody was hurt! Lucky to all of them that's for sure.

As for the scumbag, it truly shows how far desperate people are willing to go.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:35 AM

*Texas law~ Should be ours too. At least to some extent?
"Under the law, a person's use of deadly force will be presumed reasonable if someone enters, or attempts to enter, that person's occupied home, vehicle or workplace "unlawfully and with force"
Old 10-16-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
It's a classic cry for help, discharging a pistol at other people. He probably just needs a little time in a healing lodge, to get in touch with his inner child. Then he can live up to his potential as a worthwhile member of society. He was probably oppressed by a white man at some point. I'm thinking of starting a GofundMe page for him....cause I'm sensitive that way.
Obviously, someone bought that argument in the past.

Fail to comply with Recognizance

Grizz
Old 10-16-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Obviously, someone bought that argument in the past.

Fail to comply with Recognizance

Grizz
Hug a Thug has proven very popular among progressives, as opposed to punitive sentencing. The success stories are everywhere in the news.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-16-2018, 11:09 AM

I doubt he'll face charges. There was imminent threat to life and the charged had a firearm.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsesink View Post
I doubt he'll face charges. There was imminent threat to life and the charged had a firearm.
I hope you're right because the usual SOP for the RCMP is to charge the true victim here, and let them spend their life savings in court trying to fight a bogus charge.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:52 AM

Canadians are just way to apathetic. Where are our celebrity hunters/firearm owners through this kind of stuff. If this was south of the Medicine Line guys like Nugent would be going crazy on media. We need the "big names" in sports and entertainment to start making noise on behalf of legal firearm owners, and we need to quit bitching on social media and put our efforts to stand up to Pierre's Idiot Child and the Liberals.

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing
Old 10-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
Canadians are just way to apathetic. Where are our celebrity hunters/firearm owners through this kind of stuff. If this was south of the Medicine Line guys like Nugent would be going crazy on media. We need the "big names" in sports and entertainment to start making noise on behalf of legal firearm owners, and we need to quit bitching on social media and put our efforts to stand up to Pierre's Idiot Child and the Liberals.

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing
In the fake toxic world of celebrity life it's go left or go home!

They feed on their own the second that one of them strays to the right...

This is what happens when society takes it's political and social ques from professional liars, celebrity/politician=different masks>>> SAME TEAM!
Old 10-16-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
I hope you're right because the usual SOP for the CROWN is to charge the true victim here, and let them spend their life savings in court trying to fight a bogus charge.
Fixed it for you.

RCMP do not charge.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-16-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Fixed it for you.

RCMP do not charge.
I think you're wrong there Ken.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think you're wrong there Ken.
In anything but minor traffic offenses and such...the police agencies recommend to the Crown to lay charges, which the Crown may then decide to do.
It's one of the reason when serious offenses occur and the news states names have not been released because charges are pending and haven't been laid...they're waiting for the Crown to do so.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
In anything but minor traffic offenses and such...the police agencies recommend to the Crown to lay charges, which the Crown may then decide to do.
It's one of the reason when serious offenses occur and the news states names have not been released because charges are pending and haven't been laid...they're waiting for the Crown to do so.
I can search "RCMP Lay Murder Charges" and see several instances where it's reported that they (The RCMP) have laid charges, even on their own website.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:22 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Hug a Thug has proven very popular among progressives, as opposed to punitive sentencing. The success stories are everywhere in the news.
Exactly!

Peoplekind

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-17-2018, 09:25 PM

Again I say it’s better to be judged by 12 than carries by 6.
I’ll serve life defending my family and property and I think that’s what they are worth.
The whole feedback survey thing. Any crime involving a firearm should mandate 10+ years minimum. The criminal is obviously willing to shoot a peaceful citizen in order to steal his property, why is it wrong to defend the same property or life with equal force.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:28 PM

Quote:
I can search "RCMP Lay Murder Charges" and see several instances where it's reported that they (The RCMP) have laid charges, even on their own website.
Depending on the jurisdiction, the RCMP or other police service can lay charges for minor offences, but in most jurisdictions the Police submit a report to Crown, and Crown will decide whether to lay charges.

Same thing with arrest warrants - regularly read that the RCMP or other police service issued an arrest warrant, but in reality it is the court that has to issue the warrant. Warrant has to be signed by a Justice or a Judge.

Mr Conservation
Old 10-18-2018, 05:03 AM

We were wounding what was going on over there, we spotted a few cruisers racing that direction, there was a helicopter zig zaging the skies above that area where things were going down.

They had a few roads blocked off with young Fellows packing the Mini rifles incase the nut-jobs decided to make a bolt for it. Ha

If they would of tried to make a exit to the East,,, there would of been alot of shots fired fore sure.