Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 09-13-2018, 05:09 PM

Default Read if you have a 9' 5wt Saint Croix Rio Santo

I recently broke the butt section on my 9' 5wt St. Croix Rio Santo. I'm not sending it for warranty so if any one wants the 3 sections and handle for spare parts let me know.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:36 PM

I’m curious if the tip section would fit my St Croix imperial 9’ 5 weight. I recently broke 6” off.

I may be interested...
Old 09-14-2018, 07:58 AM

Call St. Croix and ask about purchasing a new tip section. St. Croix's warranty is a bit of a scam. I broke the tip section of my Premier, warranty would have cost me around $120can by the time I paid the shipping, customs fees, duties and dollar conversion. If I just paid for a new section it was 35USD shipped to my door. Of course my part is on back order but should be here soon.
Tel: (800) 826-7042, You may have to call multiple times to get through. IIRC, they dont have call waiting.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 09-14-2018, 05:44 PM

I'm looking for a new cork for my St. Croix legend. Is it salvageable?
Old 09-14-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by italk2u View Post
I'm looking for a new cork for my St. Croix legend. Is it salvageable?
Cork is easy to fix
Go to dollar store buy a wine cork or out of a wine bottle grind it up into small pieces take a q tip and put in white glue where cork duvet is then take that q tip that some white glue on it and then pick up cork and fill divet when dry sand down with fine sandpaper
Old 09-22-2018, 10:24 AM

Damn I needed this earlier in the year. But actually was super impressed with st. Croix. Took 3 weeks and 40 bucks for a replacement, it was broken but another one came in a week and the problem was solved. It was the tip I needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
Call St. Croix and ask about purchasing a new tip section. St. Croix's warranty is a bit of a scam. I broke the tip section of my Premier, warranty would have cost me around $120can by the time I paid the shipping, customs fees, duties and dollar conversion. If I just paid for a new section it was 35USD shipped to my door. Of course my part is on back order but should be here soon.
Tel: (800) 826-7042, You may have to call multiple times to get through. IIRC, they dont have call waiting.
The retailer where you bought your St.Croix can bring in the replacement tip OR simply pull another rod off the shelf and hand it to you. This happened to me 2 times at Cabela's - so I'd disagree about St.Croix being any sort of scam - it really depends on where you bought it.

Warranty is No cost to you whatsoever.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
The retailer where you bought your St.Croix can bring in the replacement tip OR simply pull another rod off the shelf and hand it to you. This happened to me 2 times at Cabela's - so I'd disagree about St.Croix being any sort of scam - it really depends on where you bought it.

Warranty is No cost to you whatsoever.
It depends on the store, I brought my rod at the Fishing Hole, they no longer carry the rod in that size and I don't have the receipt so Im SOL.

If its not a scam why is it I can claim the rod under warranty for $55 US plus shipping there and back (worked out to around $120 Can) or I could just purchase a new section for $35US (43.68 Can) shipped?

Quote:
Silver Star Service Plan
$20
If there is a manufacturing error with your rod, we want to make things right. For a $20 shipping and handling fee,* we will repair or replace your rod, getting you back on the water as soon as possible.

Gold Star Service Plan
$55 - $120
Accidents happen. If your rod has been damaged, St. Croix’s Gold Star Service Plan provides quick repair or replacement without subjecting owners to a lengthy warranty claim process.

Gold star + Upgrade
$75 and above
Rod damaged beyond repair? Not to worry. Our upgrade plan makes it easy to move up to a higher performing rod with a new warranty.

https://stcroixrods.com/pages/service-warranty

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 10-16-2018, 09:20 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddddd05 View Post
I recently broke the butt section on my 9' 5wt St. Croix Rio Santo. I'm not sending it for warranty so if any one wants the 3 sections and handle for spare parts let me know.
I'll be happy to take all of what's left of the rod, or just the three sections. I know a really young guy. (He's only one and a half now). Who's dad is a forum member and he fly fishes. I know as soon as this little guy can get out with his dad he will be tagging along. I'd be happy to take the sections and build the little guy a fly rod.

PM me and I will be happy to pay the shipping to get it to me.

Cheers.