Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-22-2013, 09:18 PM

Default grand prairie

I joined this forum because of this thread. I hunt alone yr after yr because I don't know any hunters. I moved to the Grande Prairie area just a few yes ago. Hunt white tail and would like to try my luck at bull elk. I hunt up in the forestry trunk country. Would sure like some company next fall. Have quad,truck,trailer,and of course a whole range of artillery.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:52 PM

Default Hello Spring Goose Hunters

Hello-

If anybody is looking for another guy for a spring goose hunt i'd love an invite. If interested, can show you a couple of bear stands in trade.

I'm a hair under 40, have a boat load of gas money, can supply 4x4, 16x7 enclosed trailer, and sidexside.

Dont have decoys, hunting partner or a sask hunter-host.

Wade
Old 04-05-2013, 11:14 PM

Default Deer, duck, goose or moose

I have found this forum to be a really good source of info about Alberta outdoors... For a newcomer like myself it's a great help.

I'm a recent transplant from south Louisiana and now live in Calgary. I would love to team up with a few local hunters to see how it's done Alberta style!

I'm a "young" 50 and still in good shape. A life long hunter / fisherman, have the gear & have no problem busting my hump in order to help out. If Cajun food helps the cause well you're in luck. Pm me if you need a good hunting partner.

Thanks, JJ
Old 04-09-2013, 12:24 AM

Hello. I'm a new hunter, last season was my first and my first deer.

I'm looking to hunt upland birds. I have a gun and a lot of experience in the outdoors.

I'm a new father, 28 years old. I work in construction and until recently I taught rock climbing casualy at the outdoor center.
Thanks !
Old 04-09-2013, 12:45 AM

Hey there, I'm a new hunter (though not new to firearms) as well.

27 years old and looking for a good mentor to show me the right way of doing things. Interested primarily in deer, elk, and ducks/geese. I've got all my own gear, truck, and trailer.

Very active in the outdoors, I spend my winters coaching a youth ski racing team and my summers camping and hiking in the mountains.

Willing to travel anywhere within the province to hunt.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:15 AM

Getting back into hunting and target shooting after a 20 year lay off looking for hunting partners and target shooters in the Ponoka, Central Alberta area.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:07 PM

Default hunting partner wanted

hi there
im 28yrs old and only been into the hunting for a few years
i have had the pleasure of going out with a few guys from work and learning the ropes. looking for someone that shares the same passion. have all the gear and being an albertan we never mind having to get another TOY or to.
if your up for hunting deer elk ducks or geese or just taget shoot
PM me
chris
Old 04-17-2013, 06:19 PM

Hey guys!
I'm Jason, I'm 25 and moved to Edmonton(Millwoods) last spring and looking for some guys to do some hunting with! I've only ever hunted deer! Interested in hunting anything! I've done quite a bit of hunting down near the provost area over the years I've been in Alberta! But I haven't had a chance to get out around Edmonton! I work quite a bit but wouldn't mind getting out and getting to know some people!! My father is a butcher back in New Brunswick so I'm experience in game processing!

Hope to hear from someone!! Maybe get together for a few brew!!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:30 PM
Banned

I'm from Calgary, have a quad and tub trailer, looking for some people to hunt with. Be great to set something up before its draw time. I do have a holiday trailer west of Caroline in the forestry but don't yet know the area well yet. Can take time off work to hunt but work a 14-7 shift.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:35 PM

Fellow Members,
I just moved to Red Deer and unfortunately had to leave my old hunting grounds and buddies behind. I'm looking for hunting partners in or around Red Deer. I'm 42, easy to get along with, have all the gear, free on the weekends.
PM me if you are interested.
Thanks!
Old 04-26-2013, 05:27 PM
Banned

Default Looking to hunt some wolves or coyotes

I live in Edmonton. I would like to go out some weekend soon and try and get a wolf or a bunch of coyotes. Is the season open this time of year? Wheres a good spot? If you want to go too maybe we can go do this sometime
Old 04-28-2013, 07:37 PM

Hello I've never hunted ducks before and don't know anyone who does just looking for someone to show me the ropes I live in edmonton and am willing to travel
Old 04-28-2013, 07:42 PM

Ditto also in edmonton, done a bit of goose shooting but want to do more. Typically a deer shooter but after hunting some birds i cant get enough. Also willing to travel.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:26 PM

Default grande prairie hunting

Hey everyone
I moved to gp this year and I'm originally from BC. It would be great to meet up with other hunters from the area. I would love to go elk hunting with someone, I've never shot one before although I tried really hard last year. I really need to learn more about calling them in though. But I am always up for deer, bear or moose hunting.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:39 PM

Hi everybody,

I'm new to the forums and re-introducing myself to the outdoors. Did some fishing as a teen with my grandfather and then started working and sitting at a desk for 30 years and now I'm going city-stir-crazy. Got my restricted/unrestricted licence last year and I'm hoping to get outdoors for some hunting and fishing experience this year. Yes, I am a mid-40s beginner

I plan to start small - rabbits perhaps? I'd love to go on a deer hunt eventually, but I'm well aware that's beyond my experience at the moment.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:03 PM

New to Edmonton. Just moved from Ontario about 3 months ago. I have hunted mostly grouse and moose (not much luck in the moose department). Would like go out and get a deer and some ducks. I'm 25 and easy to get along with. My cousin is also interested in hunting too and would like to join on any trips i manage to get myself involved with. PM me if interested in adding some new faces to your hunting party.

p.s I would be interested in going on scouting trips to plan a successful hunt.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:45 PM

hey there
I'm new to Edmonton I'm from B.C and looking for a hunting buddy or a few I'm set up for spring bear with my bow right now.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Banned

Old 05-05-2013, 07:32 PM

I'm new to the Fort Saskatchewan area and would like to meet some fellow hunters not just to hunt but meet some locals too as meeting people has been slow.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:36 AM

Hey there , I also live in the Grande Prairie area and this will be my second year hunting. Just got my new rifle in the spring and will be ready to go for the fall hunting season . I am looking for a hunting partner as well but don't know anybody . my email is d.cochet19@hotmail.com drop me an email and let me know if you are interested .
Old 06-04-2013, 12:36 PM

Recently moved to peace country from Southern Alberta. It would be great to meet some people around Fairview/ Hines Creek area who has been here a while and need or could add another person to their hunting party. also..
Any input as to which range is more active Dunvegan in Fairview or Peace River range?
Old 06-05-2013, 03:47 PM

Default Bears

Hi I was just wondering how far away do you go for bears.toby
Old 06-08-2013, 08:15 AM

Default Sheep hunting partner needed

Just moved to the turner valley black diamond area. I have all the gear and all the drive just would prefer to head out with someone that knows the country, instead of burning up shoe leather. I work shift and get lots of time off.
I have some hunting buddies in the areas but most of the guys don't want to work hard at hunting, I have started to enjoy the more challenging hunts. And there is nothing easy about sheep.
Good hunting
NWT
Old 06-08-2013, 02:59 PM

Hi I'm looking for a buddy who wants to hunt wolfs and coyotes shot a few coyotes before but want to start hunting wolfs text or call if interested 403-963-2241
Old 06-12-2013, 06:01 PM

Default hunting partner

Looking for someone to hunt with this fall. Looking at going deep in to find where the elk be living. I have the off road vehicle to get in with extra seats. I would like to pull the fifth wheel out that way this summer to do a bit of pre season scouting. If anyone out there has a trailer pm me and we can set something up. Bring your fam, I do! i'm in my early 30s. I take hunting pretty serious when its time up early really early and go back in deep. Been hunting solo for awhile, but a guy to help with a big elk, and or moose in the future would be nice. I live in the Edmonton away and hunt mainly west of Edmonton way north and some south.

Last edited by Straightgun; 06-12-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:26 AM

Default scouting partner

looking to see if anyone is interested in heading up the 40 from Calgary so wmu 412 414 417 316 318, got my own truck and quad just looking for others with quads to go explore those areas. if interested pm and we can make arrangements my days off are sunday and Monday.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:43 PM

Default Looking for a partner in the Edmonton area

Hi, I'm looking for a hunting partner in the Edmonton area, love going out grouse hunting and deer hunting, have been hunting for 5-6 years but never in Alberta, have my own truck, quad, and am a pretty easy going guy, let me know if you're up for some company on a saturday or sunday.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:37 PM

Default Archery Mule Deer Hunt

Hey Guys,

My name is Kyle, I'm 34 and an avid archer. I'm looking for someone who is interested in archery hunting mule deer. If you are new to the game its ok, I like sharing what I've learned over the years. I've hunted around Grande Praire and Medicine Hat, I prefer the GP area. I have all the gear needed for the hunt and a new Toyota Tundra to get us around.

I'll pay for the gas, food and lodging. I hunt hard and take it seriously though...but definately not affraid to drink a few beers at the end of the day and some good whiskey after we've killed. The catch? I need a Hunter Host as I'm a US resident. I've done these hunts before and its easy to do! If you'd like to talk more about it or be my host, PM me! Here's a pic of one I got a couple years ago.

Attachment 74760

Last edited by threeforthree; 10-28-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:29 AM

Default Looking for a fellow sportsman in Medicine hat.

New to the area formerly from Grande Prairie , Looking to find some one to or a few people to go out fishing and Hunting with . I will cast flys or chuck iron from shore, boat, float tube or pontoon or kayak. Have hunted big game but prefure to just hunt upland game birds . Would like to learn to use my shot guns to get birds on the wing and maybe even a phesant , quail or sharptail. I also am a learner on the bow tried hunting grouse with a bow in the bush= lost arrows. I would also be happy to help out as a feild chef for parties that want to just hunt but look forward to some rustic traditional food cooked in traditional field processes . Learning to do this and almost enjoy it as much as hunting and fishing. I have all my own equipment and am always willing to share because i ussually have more than one item. Please feel free to drop me a e mail. accumulator@hotmail.ca
Old 07-04-2013, 11:41 PM

Hey, just registered here
I live in Edmonton, and looks like will be working a lot in Lloydminster area.
I wouldn't mind maybe for starters going out for a beer and talking to an experienced hunter/outdoorsman first. Either Edmonton or Lloyd will do.

I have license/firearm already, drive 4x4, work 2-3 weeks at a time, just like lots of other people. It also means that i have whole week off to spend as I please.