Old 03-21-2018, 09:25 PM

Default CCFR C-71 response

C-71 TARGETS CANADA’S MOST VETTED CITIZENS

MAR
Tracey Wilson TRACEY WILSON
0 1.1K 2

Ottawa, March 20, 2018

** for immediate release

The Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights was on Parliament Hill for the tabling of the federal Liberal government’s new firearm legislation, Bill C-71 and attended the Minister’s technical briefing.

Minister Goodale met with stakeholders and experts from across the country weeks ago at the Summit on Gun & Gang Violence to look at ways to combat the ever-growing issue of gang crime plaguing our nation. While we support the Minister’s efforts to look at the actual public safety risks of gang violence, we are left wondering why this bill literally only affects Canada’s most vetted, proven-safe citizens, legal firearms owners.

Our legal team is looking at the Bill, clause by clause, and find some of the details very concerning for gun owners. Michael Loberg, CCFR General Counsel has prepared a document reviewing the legislative revisions to the Firearms Act and the Criminal Code. Note that this does not include the privacy sections, where there are additional concerns.

Download the review here: Firearms Act (as Proposed to be Amended by Bill C-71) (00030044-2xD5450)

We will be publishing our position paper on this shortly, once we have a full overview by our legal team, stakeholders and our lobby team in Ottawa. We have a parliamentary press conference scheduled for Thursday at 10:00am EST at centre block to detail our position and concerns.

Support our efforts to protect your rights by Joining and donating to the fight, right now!! The CCFR is the only advocacy organization with in-house registered lobbyists specializing in firearms rights working alongside an in-house legal team.
John 3:16
Firearms Owners are the difference between FREEDOM & TYRANNY!
Gun Control is Population Control

Last edited by 8x68S; 03-21-2018 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:28 PM
Banned

The last time I donated to the CCFR for the 10/22 mag ban they did SFA.

How will this time differ?
Old 03-21-2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post

Maybe they didn't have the resources, experience, or big enough voice to pursue it as much as they wanted to plus, and it can't be stressed enough, that was then this now. Success is based on multiple failures. I'm betting they is going to rock the boat pretty good this time. Don't forget if they don't have the support they need whether it be financial, written, or verbal, it ain't going to happen. People continually expect orgs to do everything for them. If those affected don't chip in in some way or form, the boat is going to spin in circles. Kinda hard to go forward while rowing with one oar.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8x68S View Post
Maybe they didn't have the resources, experience, or big enough voice to pursue it as much as they wanted to plus, and it can't be stressed enough, that was then this now. Success is based on multiple failures. I'm betting they is going to rock the boat pretty good this time. Don't forget if they don't have the support they need whether it be financial, written, or verbal, it ain't going to happen. People continually expect orgs to do everything for them. If those affected don't chip in in some way or form, the boat is going to spin in circles. Kinda hard to go forward while rowing with one oar.
I understand, but the fact that they did absolutely nothing, let me say that again, absolutely nothing is what ticks me off. And people were donating, that is a fact. Where did that $ go? The fat man's wallet?
Old 03-21-2018, 09:46 PM

A $40 membership is money well spent, this is bigger than a plastic .22 mag.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:

Doing nothing, is not an option.

This bill is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

It has been vaguely written on purpose. There have been many items deleted from the act that will allow for many, many infringements on our hobby and lifestyle.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:
I understand, but the fact that they did absolutely nothing, let me say that again, absolutely nothing is what ticks me off. And people were donating, that is a fact. Where did that $ go? The fat man's wallet?
I wasn't there so you'll have to ask them. Maybe they ran out of funds. Hopefully with the bigger voice this time they can do something.
Again don't forget the gov't has unlimited resources (our tax money) the CCFR counts on memberships, merchandise sales, and donations. If that don't happen then the house wins.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8x68S View Post
I wasn't there so you'll have to ask them. Maybe they ran out of funds. Hopefully with the bigger voice this time they can do something.
Again don't forget the gov't has unlimited resources (our tax money) the CCFR counts on memberships, merchandise sales, and donations. If that don't happen then the house wins.
Trust me, I understand the premise. I am not disagreeing with you as a point, but rather as a generalization that both the CCFR and the NFA are useless as long as they are separate. We need one organization, not two.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Trust me, I understand the premise. I am not disagreeing with you as a point, but rather as a generalization that both the CCFR and the NFA are useless as long as they are separate. We need one organization, not two.
X2
Old 03-21-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
I disagree. There should be more than one. Each will, or should if the system is working properly, hold each other to account. Your also going to have some that don't support the NFA like me, and some that are a bit miffed at the CCFR like you. If you have one org then there tends to be power struggles, and infighting.
The US has the NRA of course (even with that organization there is squabbling), plus a host of other gun orgs. No different than various charities that work towards the same goal.

I'll let you in on a little secret. Back in the late 70's or so several gun orgs met in a hotel. I believe it was in Alberta. Included were OFAH, NFA, plus a few others. The head of the NFA suggested, as you stated, that they should all band together to be one voice. The idea was roundly laughed at as ludicrous. OFAH basically stated that would happen over their dead body. So you see why we have multiple orgs.

Last edited by 8x68S; 03-21-2018 at 10:13 PM. Reason: added content
Old 03-21-2018, 10:19 PM
Banned

There’s only one organization with the power to reverse Liberal anti firearms legislation......The Conservative Party of Canada. Send your $40 to them to help them get elected in 2019.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:58 AM
Banned

Gun violence plaguing our nation? Where? The only plague I see is the current opioid crisis! Oh and retards like Trutard of course, lots of them!
Old 03-22-2018, 02:32 PM

The reason nothing got done, was because the firearms community did not raise a big enough stink, and that the issue did actually fall within the confines of the law as it was written. Probably will be the same reason C71 will get thru. You have to actually write letters to Ottawa, and call your MP, e-mails and polls and online petitions are as useless as a boar's tit.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
The reason nothing got done, was because the firearms community did not raise a big enough stink, and that the issue did actually fall within the confines of the law as it was written. Probably will be the same reason C71 will get thru. You have to actually write letters to Ottawa, and call your MP, e-mails and polls and online petitions are as useless as a boar's tit.
Exposing their lies on Twitter is probably an unexpected thorn to the Liberal Party, and may prove to be a somewhat effective means of communication - letters to MPs can be shredded or ignored, but putting the facts out lets the public observe their actions/reactions in a different light.

On the one hand, you have the vast majority of Canadians who are apathetic, or hear 'gun control' and think 'good, at least we won't be like those 'Muricans''. On the other hand, you have the people who are directly affected and stand to lose thousands of dollars in grandfathered/confiscated firearms. Their Twitter feed appears to be filled with the latter, and perhaps hasn't yet attracted the attention or concern of the former.

https://twitter.com/liberal_party/st...534937600?s=12
Old 03-22-2018, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
There’s only one organization with the power to reverse Liberal anti firearms legislation......The Conservative Party of Canada. Send your $40 to them to help them get elected in 2019.
X2
Old 03-22-2018, 07:45 PM
Banned

Those twitter responses are great.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:43 PM

^ Could u post a link? What I know about Twitter could fit on a Post-It note.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTrekr View Post
Exposing their lies on Twitter is probably an unexpected thorn to the Liberal Party, and may prove to be a somewhat effective means of communication - letters to MPs can be shredded or ignored, but putting the facts out lets the public observe their actions/reactions in a different light.

On the one hand, you have the vast majority of Canadians who are apathetic, or hear 'gun control' and think 'good, at least we won't be like those 'Muricans''. On the other hand, you have the people who are directly affected and stand to lose thousands of dollars in grandfathered/confiscated firearms. Their Twitter feed appears to be filled with the latter, and perhaps hasn't yet attracted the attention or concern of the former.

https://twitter.com/liberal_party/st...534937600?s=12
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoteStopper View Post
Twitter link: https://twitter.com/liberal_party/st...534937600?s=12
Old 03-22-2018, 08:52 PM

Excellent press release by the CCFR expressing gun owners' concerns with Bill C-71:

http://www.cpac.ca/en/programs/headl...sodes/60991740
Old 03-22-2018, 09:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoteStopper View Post
Just click on the link and scroll down.

I also am not on twitter, but it makes for good reading sometimes.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTrekr View Post
I am surprised and somewhat encouraged. Of the first 40 or so replies I read, only one seemed to support the bill.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:43 AM

I like the way Giltaca & Wilson presented their case, not sure who was really there from the media, and there are a few decent media articles appearing in some places I may not have expected them to appear. Haven't seen much of a media related statement from the NFA yet, they say the were at the UN on the day of the tabling of C71, and there is nothing much from them so far. I would hope the folks on the Twitter feed were all Liberal party members and will write to their MP's, expressing much the same vein of thought as they presented on Twitter.