Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-20-2019, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Well he’s on the right team for extended summer training programs...... lol.
Ha! You're right. They should be the fittest team on ice with their multiple consecutive extended summer training seasons.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:49 AM

If we can keep dumping our has beens on you Flamers, we can soon be calling you the Floilers
Old 07-20-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
Ha! You're right. They should be the fittest team on ice with their multiple consecutive extended summer training seasons.
Versus the flames odd 86 game schedule....
Old 07-20-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
According to sources...Neal expressed interest in going to Edmonton as he’s training buddies with McDavid.

Neal’s best season was after he got sent via expansion draft as an unneeded reject.

Imma betting that feeling of redemption is running deep as he trains like a demon this summer.

He even admits that summer 2018 he basically took off and never was able to get back to form...... should be real real interesting.
Well for the record I wish we went with Neal another season as I think he will shake whatever bit him last year. I think a few things made it that he wanted out. Him and Peter's had lots of words playoff time, didn't like being healthy scratch. Also I don't think Neal put in the effort ,which is dick move as a pro.
Time will tell, I do think Oil got better end of the deal bit what can yeah do.
We badly needed size and I guess we got it. Wish was size plus a little skill but here we are.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
So Neal is even less of a professional than I thought.
Not pro enough to live up to your obligations, than good riddance..

Old 07-20-2019, 11:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Versus the flames odd 86 game schedule....
Doesn't change the Soiler scenario one bit.

Based on their record they could have started training for next season in January
Old 07-20-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Doesn't change the Soiler scenario one bit.

Based on their record they could have started training for next season in January
Oilers have won more playoff games than the flames in the last 10 years.....so there's always that
Don't think I'd be strutting around all that much being a flames fan
Old 07-20-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger View Post
You people do realize that lucic had better stats, including advanced numbers playing on one of the worst teams in the league, playing with absolutely terrible linemates than neal right? who played on the second best team with a much better supporting cast. Not to mention he had around 250 hits. Good luck with neal the bum, you're still not gonna make the playoffs. Cant wait to see the tears after playing against chuck and looch now haha biggest winner here is looch i bet he's jumping for joy not having to go back to deadmonton.
Looch get the cast off his leg yet?
Old 07-20-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Lol. Have you watched him play lately? He hits yes. Slow. Fumbles with the puck. Fans on his shots, falls on his arse. Looks like an overgrown and uncoordinated peewee player deep in the awkward stage.
Might want to use names Moose, it's impossible to tell which player you're talking about with that description.
Old 07-20-2019, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oilers have won more playoff games than the flames in the last 10 years.....so there's always that
Don't think I'd be strutting around all that much being a flames fan
Wouldn't be a Soilers fan without the prerequisite living in the past statement.

Make the playoffs and then you'll have something to talk about. Shouldn't be that hard, you've got what some people say is the best player in the universe and Dri, the German floater who some are in love with as his sidekick.

Really should be a no brainer yet they always seem to be able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Couple more coaching changes outta do it.
Old 07-20-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Wouldn't be a Soilers fan without the prerequisite living in the past statement.
Old 07-20-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:

Make the playoffs and then you'll have something to talk about. Shouldn't be that hard, you've got what some people say is the best player in the universe and Dri, the German floater who some are in love with as his sidekick.

Really should be a no brainer yet they always seem to be able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Couple more coaching changes outta do it.
Battle of Alberta. Drops mic. Goes back to sleep.
The three words that make flamers cringe.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:01 PM

I actually really do think the Shames needed a tougher, better presence on the ice and in the locker room.
Hopefully Looch will stand up for his little boys (Johnny n Monny) and the teams expensive pet turtle ON the ice. As well as hold the whiner pretty pros boys accountable in the locker room (again.. Johnny n Monny n Turtle boy).

Can’t wait till the Kass vs Looch tilt!

It might just be possible that Kass could become uglier...... hard maybe there.

I agree.... Neal is a lazy slug as per last season.... buy your missing the point. The dudes got something to prove. We just need one season with a good 20+ goal scorer.

We’ll get that then we can leave him unprotected for Seattle to grab... or buy bye him out with little impact.

Flames really just needed muscle for one year. Turtle boy will reach puberty soon and fill out like his dad (hopefully not fat...!.. lol). Then he’ll be a tough rough power forward that can step up and damage people.

My worry honestly for the Oil is we only got Kass and Nurse who’ll asnswer the bell.

No ones really scared of that..... could be a problem.

We need to teach the German to kick some das boot!

In both teams cases..... if the zebras would just call the stuff that gets done to Johnny and McD on a regular basis..... especially in the playoffs.... both teams would be way better off.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 07-20-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:

Struck a nerve? My apologies, didn't realize the sensitivity of a flames fan after a disappointing 10 years (worse playoff record than even the oilers).

But you are correct, the oilers do have the top tandem in the league, they should be better, and things do seem to be improving.
Congratulations though, the flames have now gotten some much needed toughness. Too bad he will be stuck on the 4th line, won't even be out there for chuckie to hide behind.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Battle of Alberta. Drops mic. Goes back to sleep.
The three words that make flamers cringe.
Ummm, we are winning that one to, all-time series, Calgary is 131–119-18 vs the Oilers. This isn't Edmonton, winning doesn't make us cringe.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
....things do seem to be improving.
That's one of the nice things about the Oilers, you bring in a guy who scored 7 goals last year, a goalie with a SA% of .898 while playing on the 2nd best team in the league, and sign Archibald, and things are looking way, way better.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Quote:
Ummm, we are winning that one to, all-time series, Calgary is 131–119-18 vs the Oilers. .
Old 07-20-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Ummm, we are winning that one to, all-time series, Calgary is 131–119-18 vs the Oilers. This isn't Edmonton, winning doesn't make us cringe.
Says the guy throwing out the emoji at “oilers fans bringing up the past”....
Old 07-20-2019, 01:23 PM

Beat me to it... lol
Old 07-20-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Says the guy throwing out the emoji at “oilers fans bringing up the past”....
I was responding to your historical comment.

I suspect you didn't know you were losing the BOA, so that lame response is the best you can come up with. I understand...
Old 07-20-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I was responding to your historical comment.

I suspect you didn't know you were losing the BOA, so that lame response is the best you can come up with. I understand...
No we are not to speak of the long past remember? Just current years apparently. You were the one bringing up skeleton players. Lol. Nice try though.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
No we are not to speak of the long past remember? Just current years apparently. You were the one bringing up skeleton players. Lol. Nice try though.
Like last year, were the Oilers didn't win that series either?
Old 07-20-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Like last year, were the Oilers didn't win that series either?
Better check again mate.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:50 PM

Ahh..... the AO-BOA is gonna be epic this season.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 07-20-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
i actually really do think the shames needed a tougher, better presence on the ice and in the locker room.
Hopefully looch will stand up for his little boys (johnny n monny) and the teams expensive pet turtle on the ice. As well as hold the whiner pretty pros boys accountable in the locker room (again.. Johnny n monny n turtle boy).

Can’t wait till the kass vs looch tilt!

It might just be possible that kass could become uglier...... Hard maybe there.

I agree.... Neal is a lazy slug as per last season.... Buy your missing the point. The dudes got something to prove. We just need one season with a good 20+ goal scorer.

We’ll get that then we can leave him unprotected for seattle to grab... Or buy bye him out with little impact.

Flames really just needed muscle for one year. Turtle boy will reach puberty soon and fill out like his dad (hopefully not fat...!.. Lol). Then he’ll be a tough rough power forward that can step up and damage people.

My worry honestly for the oil is we only got kass and nurse who’ll asnswer the bell.

No ones really scared of that..... Could be a problem.

We need to teach the german to kick some das boot!

In both teams cases..... If the zebras would just call the stuff that gets done to johnny and mcd on a regular basis..... Especially in the playoffs.... Both teams would be way better off.
lmao!

Bw
Old 07-20-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Better check again mate.
Pretty sure I'm not wrong....
Old 07-20-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
So Neal is even less of a professional than I thought.
Not pro enough to live up to your obligations, than good riddance..

Exactly how we feel about Lucic.

It's actually okay for Flames fans to admit their GM crapped the bed. You got a seriously declining player with a buyout proof contract. Period.

We got a player who any real hockey fan would admit has a better chance of recovering his level of play, not a sure thing by any stretch, but a better chance. And his contract offers almost 4 mil worth of savings with a buyout should it be necessary. Our owner is a billionaire, and the team prints money in its shiny new palace, so if its necessary he will pay.

You guys do not have that option. That contract is pure strychnine.

Having said all of that, I wish Lucic nothing but the best in the future, and hope it is a win for both teams.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
The last time the shames won a season BOA was 15/16.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Actually the 4 games were split 2-2 with the Flames being +2 in the GF/GA category.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Exactly how we feel about Lucic.

It's actually okay for Flames fans to admit their GM crapped the bed. You got a seriously declining player with a buyout proof contract. Period.

We got a player who any real hockey fan would admit has a better chance of recovering his level of play, not a sure thing by any stretch, but a better chance. And his contract offers almost 4 mil worth of savings with a buyout should it be necessary. Our owner is a billionaire, and the team prints money in its shiny new palace, so if its necessary he will pay.

You guys do not have that option. That contract is pure strychnine.

Having said all of that, I wish Lucic nothing but the best in the future, and hope it is a win for both teams.
The only silver lining from a Flames perspective is if Neal doesn't come around. We got a "seriously declining player" who still put up more points than Neal did, playing on a much worst team. That being said, I agree that Neal has a way better chance of recovering his play. I feel the chances of that happening are small, but significantly better none the less. Not sure of the point of the ownership/billionaire, etc. comments. The Riddel portion of the Calgary ownership group has a similar net worth as Katz alone, let alone the remaining owners. Pretty sure Calgary's ownership group has a greater net worth than Katz and could easily buy out Lucic if they so desired.