Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-09-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Hunting 528

Anybody hunted 528?I just got back from 527 moose numbers are way down lots of nice mule bucks but never seen a elk in a week anybody get any elk there this year or anything out of 527 this year?
Old 10-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Shrubs

Default 528

I have friends that live in 527 that tagged out on moose this year and seen lots more I'm guessing it must vary from area to area. I've hunted 528 around Wadlin Lake without much success but I wasn't prepared properly to go as far in as I needed to either. I do know people that hunt in there every year that haven't had the success recently as in years past but I think the moose are still there. I seen some nice ones come in to town when I was hunting 535 a couple weeks ago that I'm guessing were from 528. There are quad trails by the buffalo head tower that venture miles into the zone as well as by Wadlin Lake but be prepared to get stuck a time or two especially on a wet year. I found after my first trip that Mud tires on the quad are a must. There are quite a few hunters in the area around the calling season but there is lots of places to hunt. The farther in you go the better. I'll probably be going in there on my next draw.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubs View Post
I have friends that live in 527 that tagged out on moose this year and seen lots more I'm guessing it must vary from area to area. I've hunted 528 around Wadlin Lake without much success but I wasn't prepared properly to go as far in as I needed to either. I do know people that hunt in there every year that haven't had the success recently as in years past but I think the moose are still there. I seen some nice ones come in to town when I was hunting 535 a couple weeks ago that I'm guessing were from 528. There are quad trails by the buffalo head tower that venture miles into the zone as well as by Wadlin Lake but be prepared to get stuck a time or two especially on a wet year. I found after my first trip that Mud tires on the quad are a must. There are quite a few hunters in the area around the calling season but there is lots of places to hunt. The farther in you go the better. I'll probably be going in there on my next draw.
So where are you guys from? I actually live in La Crete, which is smack dab in the middle of 535. Most moose hunters in the area do hunt 528 though.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:11 PM

Default elk in WMU 527

Depending on where you hunted the elk, but from what my buddy was telling me, there were hunters everywhere going for the elk in a small area. He seen the elk everyday during bow season, but come rifle season, it was bad, and the elk were pushed hard and travelled away.