Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-10-2024, 04:18 PM

Default Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson

So is a one going to watch this freight train leave the tracks.
Old 03-10-2024, 04:30 PM

As much as I’d like to see Tyson destroy him, I think he’s going to look like a fool.
Anything Jake Paul is purely entertainment. On par with WWF wrestling.
Jake Paul is pretty good though.
Old 03-10-2024, 04:44 PM

Side show fight but I would still like to see Tyson win and in his prime I would expect it. Tyson still isn’t going to be a push over

Really what does it prove to call out a hall of fame boxer when he is past his prime? I don’t care for the whole boxer vs MMA fighters in boxing match really one is giving up a lot of his regular tools

Jake wants to run around like he is the greatest fight pro boxers in their prime. If he wants to talk trash with an MMA guy get in the cage for an MMA match

I have too much respect for real combat sports to be impressed by these sideshows
Old 03-10-2024, 04:45 PM

Doesn't jake Paul get to wear head gear for the fight? I think it's going to be more of a sparing match with lots of rules. It's all about publicity for this clown. Even if Tyson wins, I'm sure the fight will be a disappointment.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2024, 05:04 PM

Also isn't it Tyson vs both of the clown brothers?

Old 03-10-2024, 05:17 PM

Personally, I think it's a farce, but if Paul killed Tyson, he should get double his pay.....To me, Tyson is the lowest form of scum on Earth

Boxing has deteriorated to joke status.

Last edited by huntinstuff; 03-10-2024 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-10-2024, 06:17 PM

I would love to see Tyson destroy both Paul brothers.
Old 03-10-2024, 06:45 PM

Tyson in his day was the best boxer around ,even at his age I watch him on a punching bag and that guys still has power ,big time . Legs and lungs ?????

I hope he knocks Jake Paul right out of the ring ,if he connects with a solid liver shot Jake will never forget that shot . Tyson still has the speed and power even if Jake blocks his punch Tyson might snap his arm .

Like him or not one of the all time greats.

In reality this is just entertainment at his age.
Old 03-10-2024, 06:56 PM

I'm sure the winner has already been decided. Mike will walk away with a good pay day.
Old 03-10-2024, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
Tyson in his day was the best boxer around ,even at his age I watch him on a punching bag and that guys still has power ,big time . Legs and lungs ?????

I hope he knocks Jake Paul right out of the ring ,if he connects with a solid liver shot Jake will never forget that shot . Tyson still has the speed and power even if Jake blocks his punch Tyson might snap his arm .

Like him or not one of the all time greats.

In reality this is just entertainment at his age.
The problem is the silly rules that go with these handicap events.

Tyson is still an animal in his training videos. But how long does it take to blow his wad in the actual ring?

He says he's still got it.

Old 03-10-2024, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
I'm sure the winner has already been decided. Mike will walk away with a good pay day.
2x its all about the money . I am sure one of them was payed to take a fall .
Old 03-10-2024, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
The problem is the silly rules that go with these handicap events.

Tyson is still an animal in his training videos. But how long does it take to blow his wad in the actual ring?

He says he's still got it.

For sure on that ,smoking all that weed can't be good for his cardio and like you say he may fizz out fast . No one around wants a punch in the mellon from Tyson ,so for that reason this crap sells and many are tired of Jake Paul's BS .
Old 03-10-2024, 08:14 PM

A shot to the head from Tyson would probably kill brain cells and put you to sleep. I don’t want to lose any more brain cells I’m not fighting him.
Old 03-10-2024, 08:17 PM

Tyson's power and boxing IQ even @58 is more than enough m'thinks
Old 03-10-2024, 08:22 PM

Quote:
For sure on that ,smoking all that weed can't be good for his cardio and like you say he may fizz out fast .
Nick and Nate disagree. Lol
Old 03-10-2024, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Nick and Nate disagree. Lol
Lmao off on that one ,I'm sure they do.
Old 03-10-2024, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
Doesn't jake Paul get to wear head gear for the fight? I think it's going to be more of a sparing match with lots of rules. It's all about publicity for this clown. Even if Tyson wins, I'm sure the fight will be a disappointment.

Even with head gear I’m sure Tyson has the power to put him to sleep.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:06 PM

Head gear will protect from superficial cuts bangs and bruises, but impact from blows and upper cuts will have the same bed time effect whether one hides behind rules or headgear or not.
Look at the tapes, Tyson has a style and leads to power shots based on foot work, anything Paul has to counter that may prolong the fight, head gear won't be the answer.
As in most recent boxing or organized pugilist events, the outcome is based on purse and pay per view sales.
At one time, one could see a better fight at the Rimby Hotel on a Saturday night. If anything the head gear does for Paul, would be saving his ears from Iron Mike! Toe to toe Paul will lose, stretch it out beyond three rounds, should Paul be able to take the punches is where Tyson's wind and lack of keeping his cool comes into play. No different than when Holyfield gave him a run.

Last edited by outofbounds; 03-10-2024 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:16 PM

Its sad that Tyson can't retire or do commercials or something for income.
You would think a young fighter would not want to fight someone 58 years old regardless of the guys ability.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:25 PM

To be fair……. Everyone involved is making lots of green.
The people want to see it.
The people shall see it.
The only bigger fight to bring in more money would be Trump vs Biden. Bare knuckle.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
Its sad that Tyson can't retire or do commercials or something for income.
You would think a young fighter would not want to fight someone 58 years old regardless of the guys ability.
Mike Tyson was made to fight ,put on this earth to fight. Money means nothing to Mike ,spent his first fortune and now has plenty ,big deal if he makes a bit more . Mike going out to fight is like a kid watching a cool movie .he loves it.

Mike is in better shape then 98 percent on this site at 58 or on the planet ,he's in better shape then most 28 year old guys .

Mike is one of the most liked guys around in the fighting world ,you can bet your last buck if he's still around in ten more years he will still want to fight .

Last edited by JD848; 03-10-2024 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:34 PM

[QUOTE=Talking moose;4708301]To be fair……. Everyone involved is making lots of green.
The people shall see it.
The only bigger fight to bring in more money would be Trump vs Biden. Bare knuckle.[/QUOTE

Now that right there would be a classic , damn you got me laughing .Bare knuckle
Old 03-10-2024, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Mike Tyson was made to fight ,put on this earth to fight. Money means nothing to Mike ,spent his first fortune and now has plenty ,big deal if he makes a bit more . Mike going out to fight is like a kid watching a cool movie .he loves it.

Mike is in better shape then 98 percent on this site at 58 or on the planet ,he's in better shape then most 28 year old guys .

Mike is one of the most liked guys around in the fighting world ,you can bet your last buck if he's still around in ten more years he will still want to fight .
I'm not really into boxing but didn't George Foreman basically turn his whole life around in later years. Turn into a much better person?
As bad as Tyson's personal reputation is I suspect he would not have fought Mohammad Ali when Ali was to old to be fighting. Just out of respect.
Old 03-10-2024, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
To be fair……. Everyone involved is making lots of green.
The people shall see it.
The only bigger fight to bring in more money would be Trump vs Biden. Bare knuckle.
I would watch the Biden /Trump fight haha
Old 03-10-2024, 10:10 PM

Outofbounds, I agree 100%. If Paul's head gets hit for a few rounds like Tysons heavy bag does, it's game over. If Paul is able to dance around a lot tho for a couple of rounds, then it might depend on the gas tank.

W921, I'm thinking the same thing. Tyson could retire comfortably doing commercials. Classy ones tho. Look at Shaq. Not that he needs it, but imagine what he's bringing in doing printer ink commercials. That's comfortable retirement right there.

JD848, you're absolutely right. If you've done something your whole life like Tyson has. At his age and the shape that he's in. And they are offering what I assume is a pretty decent purse. He's living his life at 100%.

I myself would like to see him in an actual fight. With someone in the same age and condition. Nothing embarrassing. But I guess with any fight that's always a concern anyway.

Last edited by Savage Bacon; 03-10-2024 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-10-2024, 10:14 PM

Quote:
I would watch the Biden /Trump fight haha

Remember celebrity boxing? I remember when Screech kicked the crap out of Horshack.
Old 03-10-2024, 10:20 PM

Quote:
I'm not really into boxing but didn't George Foreman basically turn his whole life around in later years. Turn into a much better person?
As bad as Tyson's personal reputation is I suspect he would not have fought Mohammad Ali when Ali was to old to be fighting. Just out of respect.
Mike has totally turned his life to God , Mike was and will always be a bit crazy.

He will always be defensive since so many took advantage of him at a young age .He would give high end cars to all his friends, but good friends don't like you for material crap . Never forget when he beat up don king high on coke .Mike feels bad about that ,but King should be hung . I almost p''s myself laughing .

He does lots for young fighters ,donates money all the time ,gives gives and keeps on giving for the better .

The guy is far from perfect and just wants to please god as best he can.That's his trip so be it. I'm sure he fights harder with the devil as he gets back up on the stage of life .

I never liked Mike for many years ,few years back I seen a different guy for the better . He is definitely a different dude ,but very comical on how crazy he still is .

Tyson is not fighting a world champ ,he's fighting a circus clown ,it's just a show to make money . If Mike went nuts he would tear Jakes head off ,this isn't the deal, maybe a body blow Jake well never forget or stop feeling.
Old 03-11-2024, 12:33 AM

Someone tell MIKE that the 2 kidiot brothers hurt pigeons for fun and watch IM's eyes roll back and he turns into a berserker !!!
Old 03-11-2024, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofbounds View Post
Head gear will protect from superficial cuts bangs and bruises, but impact from blows and upper cuts will have the same bed time effect whether one hides behind rules or headgear or not.
Look at the tapes, Tyson has a style and leads to power shots based on foot work, anything Paul has to counter that may prolong the fight, head gear won't be the answer.
As in most recent boxing or organized pugilist events, the outcome is based on purse and pay per view sales.
At one time, one could see a better fight at the Rimby Hotel on a Saturday night. If anything the head gear does for Paul, would be saving his ears from Iron Mike! Toe to toe Paul will lose, stretch it out beyond three rounds, should Paul be able to take the punches is where Tyson's wind and lack of keeping his cool comes into play. No different than when Holyfield gave him a run.
This made me LOL, just last night I reminisced about the best bar fight I ever had was in the Rimbey Hotel. LOL
Old 03-11-2024, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Mike has totally turned his life to God , Mike was and will always be a bit crazy.

He will always be defensive since so many took advantage of him at a young age .He would give high end cars to all his friends, but good friends don't like you for material crap . Never forget when he beat up don king high on coke .Mike feels bad about that ,but King should be hung . I almost p''s myself laughing .

He does lots for young fighters ,donates money all the time ,gives gives and keeps on giving for the better .

The guy is far from perfect and just wants to please god as best he can.That's his trip so be it. I'm sure he fights harder with the devil as he gets back up on the stage of life .

I never liked Mike for many years ,few years back I seen a different guy for the better . He is definitely a different dude ,but very comical on how crazy he still is .

Tyson is not fighting a world champ ,he's fighting a circus clown ,it's just a show to make money . If Mike went nuts he would tear Jakes head off ,this isn't the deal, maybe a body blow Jake well never forget or stop feeling.
I'm not into boxing and I never heard of the Paul guy. There is a travel show on utube and guy by name of peter santenello while in Nevada went to Tyson's home in suburb and did an interview. Wasn't what I was expecting. Mike despite size and face tattoo seemed pretty normal. Not rich either.
I get George Foreman stuff on my Facebook feed all the time. Huge difference in newer Christian George Foreman compared to way he describes way he used to be.