Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-22-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy4 View Post
Wow! quad all day, TV while "camping" and Nascar.

Three of my least favourite things.
Wow, making a useless statement on a forum thread.....one of my least favorite things.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:34 AM

I don't want to read through the entire thread. Am I the first person to suggest trying to experience the great outdoors without 300 channels? LOL

Hey, here's a thought. You can all sit inside the trailer and watch that tv channel that shows the campfire 24/7.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Outdoors View Post
We go camping a lot and I was wondering how people go camping with a satellite dish?

1) Do you have a free floating satellite or fix it to the camper?
2) Do you have cable at home and a satellite company for the RV or is the same dish transferable between home and rv?
Maybe some of the holier than thou should have read the ops first post as Im pretty sure it wasnt asking what you thought was the appropriate way to camp..

If you dont have nothing to add on the topic maybe try not posting for a change..
Old 03-22-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
Maybe some of the holier than thou should have read the ops first post as Im pretty sure it wasnt asking what you thought was the appropriate way to camp..

If you dont have nothing to add on the topic maybe try not posting for a change..
Are you voicing your opinion as a fellow member and poster, or are you issuing a warning as a moderator that we have broken board rules? It isn't really clear. Certainly some posters don't agree with the OPs choices, but that's pretty common in many threads. I didn't notice rudeness or name calling. But I don't think any of us want to break any rules either, so a clarification would be useful. Thanks.

Last edited by Okotokian; 03-22-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:43 AM

I appreciate the info on the satelite TV systems, I plan on getting setup myself. Keeping the wife and kids happy on the bad weather days and giving me some "me" time now then, combined with watching the all the Rider games from the comfort of my campsite makes having the satelite darn near priceless to me.

One thing you can always be sure of, there's never any shortage of the self-righteous types on AO. Too bad.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Are you voicing your opinion as a fellow member and poster, or are you issuing a warning as a moderator that we have broken board rules? It isn't really clear. Certainly some posters don't agree with the OPs choices, but that's pretty common in many threads. I didn't notice rudeness or name calling. But I don't think any of us want to break any rules either, so a clarification would be useful. Thanks.
Maybe use all your wisdom and figure it out all on your own like a mature adult oko!!!! Think you can manage or do you really need some detailed instruction from a moderator????
Old 03-22-2011, 01:44 PM

I us a bell satelite at home... Have two receivers that you can set up on a dish for each. You can specify that one is a cabin dish and they will activate it when you call before you head out. But it shuts down the one at home. Just telling them you have two receivers at home.. And they will both be active at the same time. Not entirely in their rules... But that's your call to make.

Also having a power source... My brother hooked up his generator and we watched a mOvie one brutally hot day in the shade. My lake lot has power so that's a nice Plus. No generator hummmm
Old 03-22-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperman View Post
Maybe use all your wisdom and figure it out all on your own like a mature adult oko!!!! Think you can manage or do you really need some detailed instruction from a moderator????
Who asked you Chopper? I didn't address it to you. Take some of your own advice.

As for my earlier question BB, nevermind. It's pointless.

Last edited by Okotokian; 03-22-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Who asked you Chopper? I didn't address it to you. Take some of your own advice.

As for my earlier question BB, nevermind. It's pointless.

Glad to see you figured it out all on your own......
Old 03-22-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldone View Post
I us a bell satelite at home... Have two receivers that you can set up on a dish for each. You can specify that one is a cabin dish and they will activate it when you call before you head out. But it shuts down the one at home. Just telling them you have two receivers at home.. And they will both be active at the same time. Not entirely in their rules... But that's your call to make.

Also having a power source... My brother hooked up his generator and we watched a mOvie one brutally hot day in the shade. My lake lot has power so that's a nice Plus. No generator hummmm
Good Tip. Is BELL who most of you go with? Or do you go with a different satellite provider?
Old 03-22-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Outdoors View Post
Good Tip. Is BELL who most of you go with? Or do you go with a different satellite provider?
I have BELL now, had stupidchoice long ago, and DTV prior to that. I had TELUS for a week, but BELL gave me a better offer to stay on.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....