Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-21-2011, 01:18 AM

Default Gopher, Gopher, GONE

I know this is a long shot and has been discussed a lot on here, but if there are any land owners around the Calgary area (pref 1 hour but if there's a really hot field I'll make the trip) that need some fields cleared of the pesky little buggers, I'm happy to come out and take care of em.

Just using .22 and with max one other person. Will close all gates, not drive through or rip up any wet areas, and will respect any other requests set out by land owner.

PM is fine, or drop me a line at rosswick1 at h*tm*il d*t c*m...

I'll be back from work in N. Africa on April 5 for 5 weeks so anytime before May 3 I'll be good to go.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:03 AM

Gophers are out here for about 3 or so days, too bad you need a ski-doo to get out and hunt any! lol Coyotes are getting some easy snacks tho.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:10 PM

Everyone here shoots gophers, they are all looking for the same thing. You need to go to the outlying areas, post advertisements offering your services, go to the farm machinery dealers, where the farmers hang out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassihand View Post
I know this is a long shot and has been discussed a lot on here, but if there are any land owners around the Calgary area (pref 1 hour but if there's a really hot field I'll make the trip) that need some fields cleared of the pesky little buggers, I'm happy to come out and take care of em.

Just using .22 and with max one other person. Will close all gates, not drive through or rip up any wet areas, and will respect any other requests set out by land owner.

PM is fine, or drop me a line at rosswick1 at h*tm*il d*t c*m...

I'll be back from work in N. Africa on April 5 for 5 weeks so anytime before May 3 I'll be good to go.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....