Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-10-2015, 09:45 PM

Default Big year in our house

Pretty exciting day today. It is the first time my boy entered for some draws and I don't know who was more excited, him or me!!
Now, if by some vicious act of God he gets drawn for more than me, he has to move out!! (jk)

He wanted to put in for moose and wanted to use my .338 win mag, but I told him it might be a little too soon for the big gun, we don't need him getting a flinch or scared of shooting. We did 999 everything else.

It is officially time to break out the targets and start practicing (so he doesn't out shoot me too)
Old 06-10-2015, 10:54 PM

It's what it's all about. Congratulations to you both and good luck.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatken View Post
Pretty exciting day today. It is the first time my boy entered for some draws and I don't know who was more excited, him or me!!
Now, if by some vicious act of God he gets drawn for more than me, he has to move out!! (jk)

He wanted to put in for moose and wanted to use my .338 win mag, but I told him it might be a little too soon for the big gun, we don't need him getting a flinch or scared of shooting. We did 999 everything else.

It is officially time to break out the targets and start practicing (so he doesn't out shoot me too)

Great to hear and good call on the " big gun" I started shooting a 338 wm at 12 and it took a lot of years to get rid of the flinch