Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-08-2021, 07:10 PM

Default Sightron S Tac

Anyone own one or used one? Looking for a review. Would prefer an Siii but they are not made in the power I am looking for 3-16. I currently have a Zeiss Conquest 3X9 on my coyote rifle but am looking at expanding my long range practice and would like more power. Am I giving up a lot moving from the little Zeiss?

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-08-2021, 08:08 PM

pretty thick crosshairs for me
others like them
Old 03-08-2021, 08:13 PM

i have several of them. great glass for the money. stay with the moa retical; has a nice small dot in center with fine hashmarks. the standard duplex ones do have too heavy of hairs for target work.

1. People who list their arguments in bullets points or numerical order generally come off as condescending pecker heads.

2. #1 is true.
Old 03-08-2021, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duceman View Post
i have several of them. great glass for the money. stay with the moa retical; has a nice small dot in center with fine hashmarks. the standard duplex ones do have too heavy of hairs for target work.
I would definitely order the MOA, my Siii has that reticle and I love it. I was more worried about the glass.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-08-2021, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I would definitely order the MOA, my Siii has that reticle and I love it. I was more worried about the glass.
I believe they are the same as the old Big Sky II in the glass department. which where very good, if it has 1/8" clicks you will be good to go.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Anyone own one or used one? Looking for a review. Would prefer an Siii but they are not made in the power I am looking for 3-16. I currently have a Zeiss Conquest 3X9 on my coyote rifle but am looking at expanding my long range practice and would like more power. Am I giving up a lot moving from the little Zeiss?
I had an S-TAC 4-20x50 for a while. Glass was awesome for the price. Nice built in throw lever that folded when not in use. Would buy again but want exposed turret now.