Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-14-2013, 03:20 PM

Default Fishing the north sask river

Well I grew up west of the city living on the river family actually farms on the river, never saw it as a good place to fish. Our farm is where the river splits and 2 smaller arms become one then dump into the river a little ways down. After seein everyone having so much fun and luck fishing it I figured I misewell try. We camp down there all the time and go tubing and swimming frequently just never fished it. Was wondering were to start cast a pickerel rig with worms or cast jigs and spinners? Better times of the day to fish than others depth where best to try to fish in.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lund rebel View Post
Well I grew up west of the city living on the river family actually farms on the river, never saw it as a good place to fish. Our farm is where the river splits and 2 smaller arms become one then dump into the river a little ways down. After seein everyone having so much fun and luck fishing it I figured I misewell try. We camp down there all the time and go tubing and swimming frequently just never fished it. Was wondering were to start cast a pickerel rig with worms or cast jigs and spinners? Better times of the day to fish than others depth where best to try to fish in.
i prefer early morning or late evening fishing. as for techniques, eitehr one you mentioned will perform well. P-rig with worms or minnows or leeches will catch you damn near most species in the river. jigs are great for walleye and a bunch of otheres as well. look for slower moving eddies or back eddies to throw some bait or lures to. river is tons of fun!!

p.s. im only SLIGHTLY jealous of you and your location! DAMNIT!! lol