Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-26-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
Now this here is just funny. Are you sure it's 70%? Not like 72% or 68%. Is there actually stats recorded on when daddy's give their spoiled little boys a bank of money to go out into the world? C'mon man.
Made up statistics, sounds like when Trump tweeted that 81% of white homicides are committed by blacks
Old 05-26-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
Another day then

and I agree what's done once those words are said that count.

and I am one who believes that most fairy tales have their origin in a historical event.

and I am not sure if it is fairy tail or fairy tale
Tale I hate auto correct lol well played!

Yep we better save this for a campfire and some rum
Old 05-26-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Now this here is just funny. Are you sure it's 70%? Not like 72% or 68%. Is there actually stats recorded on when daddy's give their spoiled little boys a bank of money to go out into the world? C'mon man.
I don't know if there is an actual stat for Trumps case, but 70% seems to be about right.

http://time.com/money/3925308/rich-f...s-lose-wealth/

http://www.cleveland.com/business/in...lottery_w.html
Old 05-26-2017, 09:32 AM
Banned

You know, who cares what a bunch of snobby Europeans think of Donald Trump.

We know that most of Europe is a left wing sink of debt and entitlement.

These are the same countries that try to tell Canada not to hunt seals, or trap.

These are the same countries that try to tell us that we are mean to the First Nations here, yet they were the worst colonizers of all.

I doubt that he really gives a flying leap what the rest of the world thinks of him and maybe it's time someone told these snobs to clean up their own countries rather than pointing fingers at North America.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:40 AM

Default Macron pulls back

https://youtu.be/ejzaTsDTvbg

Love how Macron pulls back on Trumps obnoxious handshake.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargineyesore View Post

These are the same countries that try to tell Canada not to hunt seals, or trap.

These are the same countries that try to tell us that we are mean to the First Nations here, yet they were the worst colonizers of all.

I doubt that he really gives a flying leap what the rest of the world thinks of him and maybe it's time someone told these snobs to clean up their own countries rather than pointing fingers at North America.
Here, here!
Old 05-26-2017, 09:52 AM
Banned

Quote:

Yes, the USA is doing so well economically and fiscally

US debt to GDP ratio? (lower is better) 104.17
Germany? 68.30
France? 96.00
Sweden? 41.60
Britain? 89.30

Who is drowning in debt? I know the facts don't fit your narrative, but at least try and be accurate.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alta270 View Post

Germany? 68.30
France? 96.00
Sweden? 41.60
Britain? 89.30

Who is drowning in debt? I know the facts don't fit your narrative, but at least try and be accurate.
These countries may have lower debt to GDP ratio, but if they maybe spent what they should be to fulfill their NATO obligations, that wouldn't be the case would it? And are you actually going to use European nations as a model of financial competence?

And Europe has a lot more problems than financial.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alta270 View Post

Germany? 68.30
France? 96.00
Sweden? 41.60
Britain? 89.30

Trumps doing?

Looper
Old 05-26-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
These countries may have lower debt to GDP ratio, but if they maybe spent what they should be to fulfill their NATO obligations, that wouldn't be the case would it? And are you actually going to use European nations as a model of financial competence?

Excellent post.

Looper
Old 05-26-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:

Are you suggesting the US doesn't have a lot of problems? 100 year old race conflicts just to start.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
I don't know if there is an actual stat for Trumps case, but 70% seems to be about right.

http://time.com/money/3925308/rich-f...s-lose-wealth/

http://www.cleveland.com/business/in...lottery_w.html
Not sure I agree it's along the same lines, but interesting stat none-the-less.

Cheers
Old 05-26-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looper View Post
Trumps doing?

Looper
I don't think he said that. It was just to illustrate that European countries are not "a left wing sink of debt and entitlement" as Mr. Fargineyesore claimed. It clearly shows that USA is a much bigger sink of debt!

Cheers
Old 05-26-2017, 10:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
Are you suggesting the US doesn't have a lot of problems? 100 year old race conflicts just to start.
Of course the US has problems, every country in the world does. I just think it is very hypocritical that European nations are critical of Trump when their own leaders are a bunch of lame ducks.

They've really handled their immigration situation well haven't they?
Old 05-26-2017, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
I don't think he said that. It was just to illustrate that European countries are not "a left wing sink of debt and entitlement" as Mr. Fargineyesore claimed. It clearly shows that USA is a much bigger sink of debt!

Cheers
Hey I think the US is a debt sink as well, and there are a lot of entitled people there also same as there are here.

But no worse than Europe and much of the rest of the world.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Hey I think the US is a debt sink as well, and there are a lot of entitled people there also same as there are here.

Actually, the USA is off worse, as I showed. The regressive right is as bad as the regressive left. In general, Europe has figured out what it takes to be a modern, trading economy, and not to be insular.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:23 AM
Banned

Why did the British leave the EU then, and more nations are contemplating it as well are they not?
Old 05-26-2017, 10:31 AM
Banned

Funny how every little thing Trump does is scrutinized and called out by the left, same thing was done to Steven Harper here in the run up to and during the last election by the left, funded by Foreign groups, while the left conveniently ignored anything their pet candidates did.

We've seen this smear campaign before, and some of us are wise to it, some not so much.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:

That's pretty subjective.

Many would argue that the USA's current leader might be the most entitled person on the planet! And now he's running one the largest countries in that same manner!

Cheers
Old 05-26-2017, 10:43 AM
Banned

Then they would be ignoring the guy in charge in our country, you know, the one that has never done an honest day's work in his life, a trust fund baby, never ran a business, etc.

And people say Trump is entitled? Lot less entitled that Trudeau.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Then they would be ignoring the guy in charge in our country, you know, the one that has never done an honest day's work in his life, a trust fund baby, never ran a business, etc.

And people say Trump is entitled? Lot less entitled that Trudeau.
See now, this is where you lose credit. Trudeau was a teacher. Seems that is one of the most underpayed, underappreciated positions a person can have, no? Perhaps you think all teachers are useless and your kids are/were home schooled.

He was also the Chairman for Katimavik. Not a small organization to say the least. They develop young people into leaders. But hey, that's just hogwash when Trump builds skyscrapers for rich people to live in....as long as they're white!

Cheers
Old 05-26-2017, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
See now, this is where you lose credit. Trudeau was a teacher. Seems that is one of the most underpayed, underappreciated positions a person can have, no? Perhaps you think all teachers are useless and your kids are/were home schooled.

He was also the Chairman for Katimavik. Not a small organization to say the least. They develop young people into leaders. But hey, that's just hogwash when Trump builds skyscrapers for rich people to live in....as long as they're white!

Cheers
A part-time drama teacher, for how long? Trudeau never had to work for anything. Trump, while set up by his father, has been involved for decades in building businesses, employing thousands of people, has a lot more "life" experience than Trudeau.

You're not seriously going to tell me that Trudeau has accomplished as much s Trump are you?
Old 05-26-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:

Cheers
He was a Drama teacher. I dont see the value.

You make it sound like Trudeau influencing our young people is a good thing. I worry for my children if future leaders are anyhting like him.

Looper
Old 05-26-2017, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:

You make it sound like Trudeau influencing our young people is a good thing. I worry for my children if future leaders are anyhting like him.

Looper
Yeah, like, "budgets balance themselves" and "if you kill your enemy, you lose" and his antics in Question Period where he refuses to answer questions is a real great leadership quality.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:48 PM

[QUOTE=fargineyesore;3548439]A part-time drama teacher, for how long? Trudeau never had to work for anything. Trump, while set up by his father, has been involved for decades in building businesses, employing thousands of people, has a lot more "life" experience than Trudeau.

You're not seriously going to tell me that Trudeau has accomplished as much s Trump are you?[/QUOTE]

I did not say anything like that at all, you said Trudeau never worked a day in his life or ran a business. I was merely pointing out you were incorrect.

On top of being a substitute drama teacher (see the difference?) he was also a permanent French and Math teacher. But you already knew that

Cheers
Old 05-26-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:

Looper
Well, he also taught Drama. It's not relevant if you see the value. Your spelling may indicate the value you put on education.

If you're worried, then I wouldn't be. You don't seem worried about Trump and how he's impacting the world, so on that note, you're worrying about Trudeau speaks volumes!
Old 05-26-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Well, he also taught Drama. It's not relevant if you see the value. Your spelling may indicate the value you put on education.

If you're worried, then I wouldn't be. You don't seem worried about Trump and how he's impacting the world, so on that note, you're worrying about Trudeau speaks volumes!
Typical. Someone doesnt agree with your opinion....get personal.

Speaks volumes indeed. We've seen plenty of that since last fall.

Actually I spell quite well.....my typing on the other hand isnt stellar.

Looper

Last edited by Looper; 05-26-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Typical. Someone doesnt agree with your opinion....get personal.

Speaks volumes indeed. We've seen plenty of that since last fall.

Actually I spell quite well.....my typing on the other hand isnt stellar.

Looper
LOL - enjoy your weekend buddy!

Cheers
Old 05-26-2017, 01:14 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=wags;3548514]
Quote:
A part-time drama teacher, for how long? Trudeau never had to work for anything. Trump, while set up by his father, has been involved for decades in building businesses, employing thousands of people, has a lot more "life" experience than Trudeau.

You're not seriously going to tell me that Trudeau has accomplished as much s Trump are you?[/QUOTE]

I did not say anything like that at all, you said Trudeau never worked a day in his life or ran a business. I was merely pointing out you were incorrect.

On top of being a substitute drama teacher (see the difference?) he was also a permanent French and Math teacher. But you already knew that

Cheers
Actually no, I didn't know he taught Math and French. So I'll stand corrected there and amend my statement to: He's hardly worked a day in his life compared to most people, especially Trump. I don't believe he was a teacher all that long was he?

Has he ever run a successful business? To be critical of Trump and call him entitled is funny when you look at Trudeau.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:19 PM

You can agree or disagree with Trudeau's policies (I disagree with most), but it strikes me narrow minded to disparage his previous occupation as a teacher. I don't believe any one occupational group is the only one that can produce a leader. That position should be open to smart people from any walk of life. Harper didn't own a business, he was a lifelong "Politico". Klein didn't own a business. He was a TV reporter for goodness sake. Ernest Manning was a preacher. Lester Pearson was a civil servant in external affairs.