Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 02-27-2018, 02:10 PM
Banned

WOW! Who has one in top lot!!!!!
Old 02-27-2018, 03:07 PM

$610 each?? Holeh

I can't find anything listed anywhere, must be looking the wrong place for the results so far. What are the rest looking to be selling at? (Coyotes)
Old 02-27-2018, 03:17 PM
Banned

You need a NAFA account. Login in and you can check the catalog for prices or listen live to the auction. Just start clicking on things......lol.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeywillow View Post
$610 each?? Holeh

I can't find anything listed anywhere, must be looking the wrong place for the results so far. What are the rest looking to be selling at? (Coyotes)
I averaged 108 for 6 pelts- 2 were slightly damaged.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeywillow View Post
$610 each?? Holeh

And that is US DOLLARS .. Gotta love that exchange .
Old 02-27-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
And that is US DOLLARS .. Gotta love that exchange .
Were any of those yours?
Old 02-27-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCLightning View Post
Were any of those yours?
Gosh I wish ,no not this time .
Old 02-27-2018, 07:39 PM

Coyote prices still look pretty strong overall. Good to see.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
Gosh I wish ,no not this time .
I heard that half of them were Marty’s. All caught under the super moon.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I heard that half of them were Marty’s. All caught under the super moon.
That's it I heard slightly more. Lol Hopefully now that eastern yotes are worth a decent price they don't flood our coyote market and knock our prices down. I think we could live with this for a few years.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:20 AM
AO Sponsor

I got nothing. Only a $170 top x 2

(Hi Andy you nutjob... time to get up)
Old 02-28-2018, 03:25 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by APAShooter View Post
I made just as much off my castors as i did on my Beaver pelts.. it's a crime what they sell for now days. They really need to find a new market for short hair.

There's quite the market out there, just that there's a bunch of sand
Til she slapped on Russia is the whole fur market problem. If/when they go away, then we are back in beaver business!

Oh wait... I'm not really in the beaver business. Anyone see how bad I sucked at rough skinning beaver in Pincher? It was horrifying. Then I did it with a boning knife (key word ... tried) (wanted to be just like Jack)(my here's)

Now I could get you good money for your prime pales, just haven't grabbed that iron too, don't know if I want to. Guy would like 6,000 a year.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:58 AM

Default Anybody got pics of sale?

Anybody have picture of this year's top lot coyotes? Last year's was floating around.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:15 AM

I had 33 coyotes on sale. Averaged $138 Canadian with top 3 at $205 with today's exchange rate. Pretty happy - all of them were shot & more than half had some sewing.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
There's quite the market out there, just that there's a bunch of sand
Til she slapped on Russia is the whole fur market problem. If/when they go away, then we are back in beaver business!

Oh wait... I'm not really in the beaver business. Anyone see how bad I sucked at rough skinning beaver in Pincher? It was horrifying. Then I did it with a boning knife (key word ... tried) (wanted to be just like Jack)(my here's)

Now I could get you good money for your prime pales, just haven't grabbed that iron too, don't know if I want to. Guy would like 6,000 a year.
Is your beaver contact a go? I might be gearing up if that's the case. Gonna have to catch them anyhow. When are you gonna start collecting. Also when is your last receiving date for the next auction.

Bill
Old 02-28-2018, 11:08 AM
Banned

Anyone know what went on with that part string starting at 338 that was bought back? I had one in 343 that was bought back but has since sold private treaty. I'm kind of curious as to what it sold for.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:35 AM

116 for that lot.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Anyone know what went on with that part string starting at 338 that was bought back? I had one in 343 that was bought back but has since sold private treaty. I'm kind of curious as to what it sold for.
I was listening, there was a mix up about whether the buyer was taking all 10 lots or just 5. The auctioneer said they would deal with it later. Sold price should be $120 or $122 as per the way strings work. I had a Coyote in the same lot. It shows sold, but no value as of yet, and the average has stayed the same. I am sure it will be corrected by end of sale. The way those coyotes were selling, I am not to worried about it. My bet would be that it will show up as sold, and not by private treaty either by weeks end.

Spruce
Old 02-28-2018, 11:44 AM

I found the price. Go to your sales summary click on coyotes. Above your grades there should be a “download data” sign click on that and scroll down to the lots you are wondering about.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:19 PM
Banned

Thanks, I got it. It sold for $116 like Rbsask said. I'm not going to worry about losing $6 after making off like a bandit on the rest of my pelts. This was the most that I've put into and auction partly thanks to the later last receiving date and the best average that I've ever gotten.

I was a little concerned at the start when my labelled pelts sold for quite a bit less than last year and I had an "Oh no" moment. The buyers made up for it with the I-II grades and the rest though. I even made $59 each for a couple of DG2 that I didn't notice were weak in the shoulders until after washing them. Nothing too terrible but not a lot of underfur under the guard hairs at the shoulders. I almost didn't send them in but they were already put up so what the heck.

I'm very, very happy with my coyotes. I was getting tired but now feel rejuvenated. I celebrated by putting up coyotes in the shed last night.....lol.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Thanks, I got it. It sold for $116 like Rbsask said. I'm not going to worry about losing $6 after making off like a bandit on the rest of my pelts. This was the most that I've put into and auction partly thanks to the later last receiving date and the best average that I've ever gotten.

I was a little concerned at the start when my labelled pelts sold for quite a bit less than last year and I had an "Oh no" moment. The buyers made up for it with the I-II grades and the rest though. I even made $59 each for a couple of DG2 that I didn't notice were weak in the shoulders until after washing them. Nothing too terrible but not a lot of underfur under the guard hairs at the shoulders. I almost didn't send them in but they were already put up so what the heck.

I'm very, very happy with my coyotes. I was getting tired but now feel rejuvenated. I celebrated by putting up coyotes in the shed last night.....lol.
Good for you Dave ! I did almost like you with 3 of my coyotes who been tag DG2 and DG3. Before going to Halfords to drop my furs back in January, I was wondering if It was worth it to send those ugly pelts with my other ones. But with the results that we had, I'm glad I did it ! The last year spring auctions, where I sent couple coyotes with mites damage, convinced me to keep the coyotes with mites that are not too bad.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:26 AM

2 of our lynx were bought back last year and again this sale (1 was a very nice tom)and 2 marten bought back last year, we'll see what happens here. I guess that means prices aren't what they should be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0495.jpg (84.5 KB, 40 views)
Old 03-01-2018, 12:47 PM
Banned

Anyone else notice this? I didn't have any *SEL but I had pelts in the *I lots.

#105 XL-LGE *SEL DK 1-2 $136

#121 XL-LGE *I DK 1-2 $136

#327 XL-LGE *I DK 3-4 $136
Old 03-01-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Anyone else notice this? I didn't have any *SEL but I had pelts in the *I lots.

#105 XL-LGE *SEL DK 1-2 $136

#121 XL-LGE *I DK 1-2 $136

#327 XL-LGE *I DK 3-4 $136
Noticed a few odd things i had one in lot 107 med color ..which sold very well against the select ..bit odd i thought
Old 03-01-2018, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeyleg02 View Post
Noticed a few odd things i had one in lot 107 med color ..which sold very well against the select ..bit odd i thought
Different colours. I had numerous XL-LGE I-II MED 1-2 That sold for $140 while the XL-LGE *SEL DK 1-2 sold for $136.
I think maybe that the buyer got himself a deal with those *SEL DK ones.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:55 PM

Besides the top lot, MED color was clearly what the buyer(s) wanted. MED outsold GC in all grades and sizes. That's a first.

Spruce
Old 03-01-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spruce View Post
Besides the top lot, MED color was clearly what the buyer(s) wanted. MED outsold GC in all grades and sizes. That's a first.

Spruce
I was going to say that actually, they really liked the medium it seemed.

Sel DBR sold at 152 and the I Med sold at 160
Old 03-01-2018, 08:26 PM

What are some of you-guys' opinions on how this-sale that just went on is going to compare to the coming one? (With next weeks cutoff for recieving*)

Think these prices will be mirrored there, or do prices typically slide pretty hard on the second sale??
Old 03-01-2018, 09:43 PM
Banned

Last year my top coyotes sold for more in the first auction than the same grades in the second sale BUT, my average and lower grade pelts sold for more in the second auction. That worked out well for me because I kept snaring right to the last day and I had many late season coyotes. Bottom line was an average of $1 more in the second auction.

Other fellas experienced different things so I guess that it all depends on your grades and, apparently colour (ie. MED mentioned above but next auction buyers may be looking for something else).

I don’t play the market and I send as much fur as I can get into the first auction, including my beaver and muskrat. Anything caught after the first last receiving date goes into the second auction. I avoid the July auction and any Spring beaver and muskrat that I put in at the very last receiving date I ask for them to hold it for the February auction next season.

I have no idea what’s going to happen next auction but my best guess would be continued strong demand for coyotes.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:31 PM

Had a batch of coyotes that I caught last between March 15 and April 15. Sold them in wife’s name to see how they would do. Averaged 100.46 US.