Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-18-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brohymn2 View Post
You know this cool I guess. I can guarantee I have more than experience to understand the criticizing someone for a situation that is more extreme than anyone could fathom is stupid. But quote a bunch of posts I made to try to win this arguement. The fact that nothing outside of direct knowledge of the situation by a competent person, no one should be saying a cop is a coward

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
You miss the point where his own boss criticized his actions?? Oh right, he's not competent.

How about the Coral Springs boys, not SWAT, they just did the right thing & stormed the building! They criticized him. They incompetent also?? I know some of them have seen terrible things, and they acted!!
Old 03-18-2018, 09:27 PM

^^ He's shooting 17 students with a semi auto .... logic dictates

Hmm idk. Follow your ears ya d u m b s h i t

Last edited by wolf308; 03-18-2018 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:45 PM

Edited
Old 03-18-2018, 09:47 PM

Edited
Old 03-18-2018, 10:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
That's fine but how do you know what they did was cowardly. You dont think there might be lifeguards in various places in the world that have to make tough choices that involve lives. Imagine someone making a judgement call based on lifeguard knowledge only having someone who has only been in a hot tub to call him a coward from half the world away.

To be honest if the guy turns out to be a coward that's fine I will completely agree no problems, but obviously am not going to agree with it until proper knowledge of what his train of thought was that lead to his call or evidence that he was grossly wrong.

I believe what most people have a problem with is he didn't even try, he never even went in to see what he may be able to do.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
You know this cool I guess. I can guarantee I have more than experience to understand the criticizing someone for a situation that is more extreme than anyone could fathom is stupid. But quote a bunch of posts I made to try to win this arguement. The fact that nothing outside of direct knowledge of the situation by a competent person, no one should be saying a cop is a coward

I just did , and are

you a cop ? Brainwashed maybe ? Young , idealistic , aka dumb and confused

What about the 4 heroic officers in Vancouver airport that tasered a distraught OLD guy in an airport and as far as I know , not hurting anyone , just flipping out ..... just off the top of my head , real heroic on that one , afraid to take a punch maybe - by an old guy with reflexes 1/2 as slow as them

Hey bro ... ever taser an old guy in an airport with 3 friends with you

Can see you as that guy

Yeah. Couldn't imagine calling a cop a coward ....

Anyhow , done
Old 03-18-2018, 10:17 PM

If I may ask Brohym, have you served in a military or a LE role before?
Old 03-18-2018, 10:36 PM

People are thinking the only ones doing anything are the door kickers.

People also assume because the Deputy did not rush into the building he did wrong.

You can have your opinions of the situation on the ground based on words of frustrated people (the other Officer calling him out). You can have your opinion on the Sheriff who is saying his Deputy did not follow his training.

Watch the videos closely. It shows him and another person trying to get into one door, they cant get in it is locked. then the video cuts away (edited) shows them go to another what i assume is a door behind a concrete wall. Where the Deputy takes a defensive stance and the other person disappears behind the wall. Thats all the video shows. Nothing else.

Based on your professional expeirance based on the extremely limited video, along with the list of events broken down. The lack of situational awareness of where shots were fired from, the reports of it was from outside, then inside.
Where would you of deployed yourself to.

I had a discussion with a friend a few weeks ago talking about firing guns inside of buildings and explosions. He stated it was difficult to figure out where the shots were coming from. either from outside of the building or inside.
With one building in the open it is easier to narrow down. But when you have multiple buildings the noise reflects off the surrounding structures. The same as if you are inside, depending on the structure make up, materials and the amount open or closed space the noise can and does reflect all over the space.

Add multiple floors, and it makes it even worse.

Something tells me the 911 calls told the secondary responding Officers where the threat was. This information may not have been dispatched onto the School Officer.

What I am saying is it is wrong to say the guy is guilty of being a coward before his day in proceedings. His Boss is a ass. Even if he is correct in his words. I wouldn't work for him if it was at a paper storage place that was all robots running it.

Wait until the end investigation comes out, before you throw names around and say he was wrong in his duties. (if he is found not wrong in his performance will you personally apologize to him for calling him a coward)?
Old 03-18-2018, 10:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
People are thinking the only ones doing anything are the door kickers.

People also assume because the Deputy did not rush into the building he did wrong.

You can have your opinions of the situation on the ground based on words of frustrated people (the other Officer calling him out). You can have your opinion on the Sheriff who is saying his Deputy did not follow his training.

Watch the videos closely. It shows him and another person trying to get into one door, they cant get in it is locked. then the video cuts away (edited) shows them go to another what i assume is a door behind a concrete wall. Where the Deputy takes a defensive stance and the other person disappears behind the wall. Thats all the video shows. Nothing else.

Based on your professional expeirance based on the extremely limited video, along with the list of events broken down. The lack of situational awareness of where shots were fired from, the reports of it was from outside, then inside.
Where would you of deployed yourself to.

I had a discussion with a friend a few weeks ago talking about firing guns inside of buildings and explosions. He stated it was difficult to figure out where the shots were coming from. either from outside of the building or inside.
With one building in the open it is easier to narrow down. But when you have multiple buildings the noise reflects off the surrounding structures. The same as if you are inside, depending on the structure make up, materials and the amount open or closed space the noise can and does reflect all over the space.

Add multiple floors, and it makes it even worse.

Something tells me the 911 calls told the secondary responding Officers where the threat was. This information may not have been dispatched onto the School Officer.

What I am saying is it is wrong to say the guy is guilty of being a coward before his day in proceedings. His Boss is a ass. Even if he is correct in his words. I wouldn't work for him if it was at a paper storage place that was all robots running it.

Wait until the end investigation comes out, before you throw names around and say he was wrong in his duties. (if he is found not wrong in his performance will you personally apologize to him for calling him a coward)?
So he didn't know exactly where the shots were coming from, so hiding outside was going to help in what way? What he did know was the students were inside and I agree his boss is an ass.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
So he didn't know exactly where the shots were coming from, so hiding outside was going to help in what way? What he did know was the students were inside and I agree his boss is an ass.
It doesnt appear he was hiding outside. It appears they were checking doors.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
It doesnt appear he was hiding outside. It appears they were checking doors.
Checking doors... LOL
Old 03-19-2018, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
Checking doors... LOL
Protocol for when you order a lockdown I would assume as he was with the another Security Officer.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:47 AM

http://time.com/5176090/scot-peterso...-parkland-cop/

Pretty interesting.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:06 AM

Default Remember

Do you guys remember that fellow in Texas who saved a bunch of people in a church by shooting that bad guy in body armour in the side. The bad guy fled the scene He then grabbed a dude off the street and they chased him down. When you compare the outcome of both of these situations you can see how truly heroic his actions were.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
Do you guys remember that fellow in Texas who saved a bunch of people in a church by shooting that bad guy in body armour in the side. The bad guy fled the scene He then grabbed a dude off the street and they chased him down. When you compare the outcome of both of these situations you can see how truly heroic his actions were.
Do you remember 2014 Moncton Nb. 3 RCMP died 2 others injured from rushing into a Active Shooter situation. Their rushing in did nothing to deter the shooter from Finishing what he was there to do.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandHeart View Post
If I may ask Brohym, have you served in a military or a LE role before?
Not LE but military yes. And yes that means I may not be able to say exactly what a cop should to should not have done, but I also know commenting on a decision made by someone working the most difficult job in my opinion, makes the person making the comment look stupid. Further more I have been in situations where is was called upon to make a decision that very well exceeded my pay grade and experience level. Of those decisions some were good and some turned out to be bad. But noone ever passed judgement to me as they had no place to since they were neither physically present or in the position to make the call themselves.

Unless you have had to weigh multiple variables in order to make a decision while under stress (most likely more than people here have experienced and I would like to hear a valid point made to prove othereise) then maybe you should quit pretending you are something you are not.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
And that could have gone the other way

Old 03-19-2018, 09:55 AM

Roper1 you obviously agree with this then?

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=341374

Old 03-19-2018, 10:05 AM

Roper1 you gonna fight about this being true as well?

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=341407

Old 03-19-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Also a completely a different situation. Unless the school he was in was levitating? Pretty easy to see your wrong.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Most interesting for sure. The guy really needs to remove the full length portrait of himself in his bedroom, also the bust of himself on top of the microwave he kisses each meal.

You note where he made one reference about the families, then there were ten points what a hero he is??

Interesting I've walked up to half dozen or so indoor gun ranges in my life. Funny thing, they're all in cities, some in places just like the school. Nearby malls, traffic noise, bustling big cities.

You know what's really interesting, when I approach them & hear muffled shots, never did I think they were coming from outside. You see, I've also been to outdoor ranges, the sound is very different.

Also once entering indoor ranges, it is easy to hear where the range actually is, even inside buildings entered for the first time. It is very easy to hear where the shots are coming from, not once did I confuse the range with the bathroom.

The coward is lying through his teeth to cover the fact he turtled, predictable.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:50 PM
Banned

Quote:

Could have? What a pathetic response. So because things “can” go south, we shouldn’t make an effort to defend ourselves or the people around us?
Old 03-20-2018, 10:05 PM

Default True

Quote:

Yes that is true. He could have died as a result of his efforts.(the guy in Texas) Thats what makes him a hero, he was willing to lay his life down to save others. I have no idea if I could be that brave in a similar situation, but I know that what he did was worthy of respect and honor. Just like what good people in the military and law enforcement are worthy of.

I am not in a position to Judge the police officers actions. I will state that trying to get more gun control as a result of this incident is not the answer. However the Sheriff or Police Chief in this jurisdiction is using it as a platform for just that very thing. Doing so opens his department up to scurtiny.

Last edited by markg; 03-20-2018 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Not LE but military yes. And yes that means I may not be able to say exactly what a cop should to should not have done, but I also know commenting on a decision made by someone working the most difficult job in my opinion, makes the person making the comment look stupid. Further more I have been in situations where is was called upon to make a decision that very well exceeded my pay grade and experience level. Of those decisions some were good and some turned out to be bad. But noone ever passed judgement to me as they had no place to since they were neither physically present or in the position to make the call themselves.

Unless you have had to weigh multiple variables in order to make a decision while under stress (most likely more than people here have experienced and I would like to hear a valid point made to prove othereise) then maybe you should quit pretending you are something you are not.

Chill out man, all I did was ask you a yes/no question. You have military experience to draw on, got it. Who is pretending to be something they are not? Have you served overseas? Either way, thanks for your service.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:08 PM

Default I dont understand?

Quote:
Also a completely a different situation. Unless the school he was in was levitating? Pretty easy to see your wrong.

Can you please clarify your statement? I dont understand what your saying, I appologize if I am daft.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
Most interesting for sure. The guy really needs to remove the full length portrait of himself in his bedroom, also the bust of himself on top of the microwave he kisses each meal.

You note where he made one reference about the families, then there were ten points what a hero he is??

Interesting I've walked up to half dozen or so indoor gun ranges in my life. Funny thing, they're all in cities, some in places just like the school. Nearby malls, traffic noise, bustling big cities.

You know what's really interesting, when I approach them & hear muffled shots, never did I think they were coming from outside. You see, I've also been to outdoor ranges, the sound is very different.

Also once entering indoor ranges, it is easy to hear where the range actually is, even inside buildings entered for the first time. It is very easy to hear where the shots are coming from, not once did I confuse the range with the bathroom.

The coward is lying through his teeth to cover the fact he turtled, predictable.
You should get a job doing shot detection for the Military. They wouldn't need the expensive system they bought.

Unless you or I were on the ground at time hearing what they heard I dont really think either of us can make a judgement on what happened exactly or what they heard.

When the FINAL report and court case is finished thats when I will make a judgement.
All to often we make judgement based on our professional opinions before we know all the facts.

Something is up when they suspend a person with out pay that quick without any investigation. Cover up for their inaction maybe/maybe not.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Could have? What a pathetic response. So because things “can” go south, we shouldn’t make an effort to defend ourselves or the people around us?
He weighed the options. As I doubt any decisions you have ever made would even come close to the situation. Could have Is s huge thing that needs to be taken into account. So please enlighten me about the hard decision you makes you able to cast criticism.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Can you please clarify your statement? I dont understand what your saying, I appologize if I am daft.
Situation you mentioned the guy was running down a street. Parkland shootings the guy was in a building. Different

Old 03-28-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post

So the ranges you go to have a complex urban set up where people shoot from various angles in your direction

Old 03-28-2018, 02:18 PM

Default No need to be a hero but did not do his job.

There is only one point to the action of the school resource officer.
He was there to protect that particular school that was his job no matter what the cost, that is his oath.
He chose to not do his job because he was scared. He Chose his life over the life of these kids and the hero of this story AARON FEIS.
That is fact.
RIP Mr Feis you are what all people should be.
This is the only post on this I will make.