Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-10-2019, 09:50 PM

Default HOT Shallow Water Lake Trout Bite (Video)

Once again I lucked out on some amazing weather to get on Cold Lake. I finally got on one heck of a lake trout bite jigging/casting in shallow water! I now remember why this is my favourite way to catch them. We started off the day cruising around marking some schools of fish before stoping to cast into the shallows and jig below the boat and it did not disappoint! Feel free too check out the video to see the action for yourself

https://youtu.be/qCXvEuf4soM
Old 06-11-2019, 01:03 PM

Great vid .. I知 headed to sask laker fishing in 2 weeks and we usually downrig but definitely going to try some jigging and casting if they are still in shallow water ... thanks
Old 06-11-2019, 09:01 PM

Good job you got them figured out.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bowhunter12 View Post
Great vid .. I知 headed to sask laker fishing in 2 weeks and we usually downrig but definitely going to try some jigging and casting if they are still in shallow water ... thanks
They should still be in shallow water even if they aren't this is an extremely fun way to catch them but boat control is key if getting a read of them on your sonar.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:28 PM

nice video Matt, A 50 plus day can't beat that

mack
Old 06-15-2019, 05:07 PM

I saw one of your videos where you caught a giant pike on a bondy bait. Do you ever jig bondys for lake trout?
Old 06-15-2019, 10:14 PM

Great job on that super catch of fish. Just goes to show that understanding your electronics is key and knowing what presentation to use. I知 jealous of course. If I ever make it up there I知 hiring you as a guide! Thanks for posting and good luck on your next adventure.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJS View Post
I saw one of your videos where you caught a giant pike on a bondy bait. Do you ever jig bondys for lake trout?
You bet I do! I will try to get some cool footage this summer of it. From time to time I slow troll them while working some specific spots. We were out on Monday jigging with the mini wobbler and we hooked into a few. Some days they are a very successful bait and easier to stay on top to monitor with your electronics due to the wieght.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACKER View Post
Great job on that super catch of fish. Just goes to show that understanding your electronics is key and knowing what presentation to use. I知 jealous of course. If I ever make it up there I知 hiring you as a guide! Thanks for posting and good luck on your next adventure.
Electronics are always key to finding and staying on fish. As for presentations I'll try to do a video of my top 5 trolling and jigging baits. If your ever up this way feel free to shoot me a message and we can go hook into a few trout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
nice video Matt, A 50 plus day can't beat that
mack
When its on its on! the conditions lined up perfectly for that. When i woke up the next morning my arms were a little stiff....