Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-06-2018, 08:40 AM

Default Moose Lake near Bonneyville

Hey folks, we have some tags for Moose Lake. i have never been there and am looking for a bit of info as in access points etc. its funny i have the tags as i don't recall applying for them at all. i thought i only applied for lac la biche. anyhow, thats what we got. thanks, calvin
Old 12-06-2018, 08:27 PM

Dang wish I was able to get draws like that! Sorry I can't help with the fishing though.. just jealous!
Old 12-06-2018, 09:09 PM

coming from edmonton, go south of frenchere bay then east. follow the trail easterly.should see trucks on the ice to the north east after xmas.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher Gord View Post
coming from edmonton, go south of frenchere bay then east. follow the trail easterly.should see trucks on the ice to the north east after xmas.
Thank you Gord. i will look that up. Are you talking from the frenchere bay park?
Old 12-07-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Dang wish I was able to get draws like that! Sorry I can't help with the fishing though.. just jealous!
i cannot honestly remember putting moose lake on my draws when i submitted them. I do sometimes consume rum and get on the computer, that may have been the issue.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:45 AM

Pelican Point is what it's called. Just South of Franchere on the main road, follow it to the east and stay right. Once you get down a bit you'll see the lake on your left and generally lots of vehicles out there.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:58 AM

Lots of different access points its a big body of water. I grew up on that lake. You can access the lake at Vezeau beach as well off hwy 28.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:02 AM

Thanks folks. Will try to get out there at some point during the holiday season.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:21 AM

Anyone bin here lately? How’s the snow? Any ice heaves I need to know about? This will be my first time ice fishing this lake, but got some walleye tags to fill. Hoping to get out this weekend. Thanks in advance
Old 02-22-2019, 06:02 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
No you don't your in Montana.....far cry from that sheethole......

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-22-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin View Post
Hey folks, we have some tags for Moose Lake. i have never been there and am looking for a bit of info as in access points etc. its funny i have the tags as i don't recall applying for them at all. i thought i only applied for lac la biche. anyhow, thats what we got. thanks, calvin
This year I applied to three separate lakes as well and somehow was given tags for a lake that I didn't even apply for... curious how that works...
Old 02-22-2019, 04:31 PM

Lots of ice.. snow is a bit deep so try stay on the trails.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy45 View Post
This year I applied to three separate lakes as well and somehow was given tags for a lake that I didn't even apply for... curious how that works...
....and we bought 50 cm walleye tags undersubscribed. Musta given a pile out if you guys are getting tags you didn't apply for plus still available as undersubscribed. Something fishy there...I shake my head.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:13 AM

Default Moose lake visit

Went out the other day. Found the lake fine and got out there easy enough. Drove out on a trail and got turned around at a shack there as I was nervous about the snow depth. Anyhow, met a group that told us to follow them to a spot they had. Very thankful for their hospitality. Anyhow, got set up and were there for about 4-5 hours. Zero bites. Had the camera going and saw numerous walleye but no takers. I think only 1 fish took interest in my line. The local fellas managed 2 walleye and a small Jack. 1 too small. 1 keeper. Will try again. Thanks to all..
Old 06-13-2019, 06:43 PM

Anyone been out since the ice melted?