Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-30-2019, 04:18 PM

Default Feds look to clamp down on guns ‘designed to hunt people’

OTTAWA — The Liberal government says no options have been ruled out to clamp down on guns “designed to hunt people” as it weighs new measures against assault-style rifles and handguns.

READ MORE: Federal government consultations reveal polarization over idea to ban some guns

The sharply worded statement from the office of Bill Blair, the minister leading the review, comes amid concerns from gun-control advocates that such rifles are becoming more readily available on the legal market.

Firearms groups, meanwhile, fear the government is poised to penalize law-abiding owners in the name of appearing tough on criminals.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5335558/f...n-hunt-people/

Meanwhile the gangs get a pass
Old 05-30-2019, 04:58 PM
Banned

Looks like the RCMP are hunters, since they have guns designed for hunting humans.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTailAB View Post
Looks like the RCMP are hunters, since they have guns designed for hunting humans.
Well, that is kinda the point...............

This is all SO STUPID... Vote pandering at it's worst.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:28 PM

I keep hearing about how it's going to save lives, mostly in the context of domestic violence. Almost entirely from liberal MPs, who all seem to be concerned women......the spin going on, bereft of facts or any supporting evidence, is sickening.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-30-2019, 10:17 PM

Yet another reason I chose to move out of Canada, although I fear it’s a matter of time before that happens here too....
Old 05-31-2019, 08:39 AM

Those types of guns are awful. I only like the type of guns that are designed for hunting, target shooting or that group of them designed to prevent other people from hunting me! (and my family, my friends, fellow citizens).

I like guns designed to prevent the hunting of people.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 05-31-2019 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:41 AM

I HAVE to have firearms... Because I can't hunt with my spear anymore...
Old 05-31-2019, 09:08 AM

I hope the government will do similar things with musical instruments. They had better outlaw guitars and keyboards that have been used to play horrible music and leave the instruments that have only ever played good music.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:13 AM

The government is too clueless to even realize that many handguns, and some AR type rifles were designed specifically for hunting or target use. The same with many semi auto rifles and shotguns.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:41 AM

The government is not clueless. They know exactly what they're doing.
It's the majority of people that they rule who are clueless.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezel View Post
The government is not clueless. They know exactly what they're doing.
It's the majority of people that they rule who are clueless.
They are clueless about firearms, but they do know how to play on the emotions of people that are clueless.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:01 AM

It's not about public safety or the Libs would have statistics to back a ban they don't have squat except a public funded media to spread hysteria and news from another country.
Socks is throwing firearm owners under the bus to regain the lost woman's votes because of the Philpot and Wilson-Raybould affair hopefully the woman see through the ruse.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:03 AM

Thumbs down

Saw this online this morning.

Liberal mentality.
The ONLY way to stop death from drunk drivers is to ban sober drivers from driving.

I can 'sort of' see their way of thinking; when all firearms are banned everyone that is caught with one is a criminal and is arrested, picture taken, set free to go find another one.

C&R in its truest form, the only problem is they are not being rough enough on the fish.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....

Last edited by Ken07AOVette; 05-31-2019 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
C&R in its truest form, the only problem is they are not being rough enough on the fish.
Thread gold right there.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:34 AM
Banned

I wonder if they were referring to the people who want to hunt down nazis on our soil like that Mr.Dave guy, i wonder what sort of firearm nazi hunters prefer?

I wonder how long it would have been before he had a visit from the authorities if had said he was going to hunt down any other kind of human beings?
Old 06-01-2019, 09:43 PM
Banned

Default Who Needs a Gun !

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...es_5_dead.html
Old 06-01-2019, 11:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifted Intuitive View Post

Watch, since one of the murderers is a son of a police officer. That one's sentence will be reduced by 3/4.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:14 PM

Pretty much EVERY firearm in existence today was originally designed to hunt people from matchlocks to Brown Bess to 1860 Henry to Lee Enfield to modern semis.....in 1905,a .303 Ross was a military assault rifle.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West O'5 View Post
Pretty much EVERY firearm in existence today was originally designed to hunt people from matchlocks to Brown Bess to 1860 Henry to Lee Enfield to modern semis.....in 1905,a .303 Ross was a military assault rifle.
Don’t let the Liberals watch any old westerns with those high capacity, assaultlever action rifles!
Old 06-03-2019, 11:11 PM
Banned

Default To Be Discussed

Today a report was tabled about a Genocide committed in Canada. A "Genocide" is the intentional killing of a large group of people. In that report there are no statements detailing the types of firearms used to commit this mass murder.

Laws are being changed to reduce gun violence against certain groups in our society. But why hasn't there been a mass shooting at a Police Station ? What is there about occupants in a Police Station that makes them so different than occupants in a church, or in a school classroom ?

The report tabled today has hundreds of recommendations on what Canada has to do to stop this genocide. Not one recommendation relates to new federal laws relating to firearms. How can a Genocide unrelated to firearms take precedent over other aspects of public safety ? If we have an identifiable group that can prove they are the victims of a mass murder and can identify the group that is murdering them then the intention to kill must be deliberate.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:34 AM

The sad fact is that this is nothing more than political grandstanding, to try and make people forget about the SNC, and Norman scandals, and about the illegal immigrants, and about the economy. The liberals want to buy votes from the gullible people that they can be easily panicked, by propaganda, and that don't actually bother to look at the stats. The facts are that the number of people killed or injured by firearms is insignificant compared to tobacco and alcohol deaths and diseases. And there have been no shooting massacres using AR platforms in Canada..
Old 06-12-2019, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
..... And there have been no shooting massacres using AR platforms in Canada..
There has not been a single homicide committed in Canada with an AR15.....EVER!!
Fixed it for ya.....😜
Old 06-12-2019, 05:55 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

I got a old pellet rifle that when I was 6 use to shoot little green army men that came in a bag for 50 cents....is this rifle evil too?

What do I do ol' great guberment with this evil rifle......

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-12-2019, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
I got a old pellet rifle that when I was 6 use to shoot little green army men that came in a bag for 50 cents....is this rifle evil too?

What do I do ol' great guberment with this evil rifle......
Get creative and think of all the places that Bill, Ralph, and Justin could stuff it lol.
Old 06-15-2019, 03:46 PM

The only truth of this ban on fire arms is it is how communist governments gain control of their people. Sadly our education system no longer teaches this fact to our children. It has not for so long now few people remember this fact. It is time we fire arms owners make this fact known. We will also have to educate the public that communism is not the bed of roses they now believe it is. It is high time we become far more vocal or all of our rights will be gone.