Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-17-2019, 03:35 PM

Default 2019 livingston Public Land Use Zone map

https://www.alberta.ca/assets/docume...summer-map.pdf

As I thought I was taking the winch thread off topic I posted a new thread with the link
Old 06-17-2019, 04:08 PM

The unfortunate part of that map is some of those area are defined PLUZ (PUBLIC land use zone) but the government has decided that some users do not belong to "PUBLIC"....

J.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrayford View Post
The unfortunate part of that map is some of those area are defined PLUZ (PUBLIC land use zone) but the government has decided that some users do not belong to "PUBLIC"....

J.
Former government.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:36 PM

Start writing your letters. Include to Nixon and your local mla.

Give them your concerns and suggestions. Then follow up 2 weeks later. Repeat every 2 weeks.

That is what needs to happen now.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:38 AM

Quote:

J.
What users are being excluded? You can still ride your atv. Just not all over gods green earth. Do you own a pair of boots? Or are you disabled??
Old 06-18-2019, 05:56 AM
Banned

Quote:

J.
2x...
Old 06-18-2019, 07:09 AM

They could have put more thought into the map. for example they have a trail going up the valley on one side of crowsnest mountain and another trail going up the valley on the other side of the crow but the roads do not meet to make a circle.
They have a road in the Maclean Creek area that is used by both industrial traffic and OHV traffic. They could do the same on the Atlas and complete the circle.
There are some of us getting long in the tooth and we still want to ride but not ride hard core. So we need some easier trails.
If you are going to put in large staging areas like McGillivary and Atlas then you should put more trails in that immediate area. What is happening now is the trails are getting overused and becoming dangerous from both traffic some days you think you are on a freeway and trail over use.
I agree with some of the trails that have been taken out of use and it should not be a free for all like in the past but you have to have a balance.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKILR View Post
What users are being excluded? You can still ride your atv. Just not all over gods green earth. Do you own a pair of boots? Or are you disabled??
As Wayne from LetterKenny would say: "Pump the brakes there SuperChief"

- I do own a pair of boots
- I'm not disabled
- I was born, raised and loved living in that area for the first 25 years of my life
- I'm very respectful of staying on already established trails

But what am I? Lumped into the same group of all the rest of respectful riders, lumped into a group mis-labelled because there are a small group of idiots that do not have respect for the land.

I ride with my FIL, who is almost 80 and can still walk a good pace. But we both enjoy getting into the back country on those previously mentioned established trails & bridges. We'd rather cross a stream on a bridge than chew through it's natural banks. Established trails that were in the process of being updated for use of ATVs. Trails that were having $ spent on them to ensure that there's limited damage in the future. Trails that prior to the Dippers, were open to all (Canadian, Albertan, Visitors).

And to be honest, we're not trying to get "all over God's green earth", just access to areas that has been blocked off to come back as "healthy" for the environment. I state "healthy" because Notley, Phillips and the like determined when they were in office that the Gubberment should shut down the areas next to their private homes, so that they can have their own little piece of Crown land (that belongs to all) to themselves whenever they want.

And that's the end of my political rant. Sorry AO, didn't want to go there.

J.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKILR View Post
easy to look down on mere mortals from your horse
Old 06-18-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
Start writing your letters. Include to Nixon and your local mla.

Give them your concerns and suggestions. Then follow up 2 weeks later. Repeat every 2 weeks.

That is what needs to happen now.

do this today
Old 06-18-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
As Wayne from LetterKenny would say: "Pump the brakes there SuperChief"

- I do own a pair of boots
- I'm not disabled
- I was born, raised and loved living in that area for the first 25 years of my life
- I'm very respectful of staying on already established trails

But what am I? Lumped into the same group of all the rest of respectful riders, lumped into a group mis-labelled because there are a small group of idiots that do not have respect for the land.

I ride with my FIL, who is almost 80 and can still walk a good pace. But we both enjoy getting into the back country on those previously mentioned established trails & bridges. We'd rather cross a stream on a bridge than chew through it's natural banks. Established trails that were in the process of being updated for use of ATVs. Trails that were having $ spent on them to ensure that there's limited damage in the future. Trails that prior to the Dippers, were open to all (Canadian, Albertan, Visitors).

And to be honest, we're not trying to get "all over God's green earth", just access to areas that has been blocked off to come back as "healthy" for the environment. I state "healthy" because Notley, Phillips and the like determined when they were in office that the Gubberment should shut down the areas next to their private homes, so that they can have their own little piece of Crown land (that belongs to all) to themselves whenever they want.

And that's the end of my political rant. Sorry AO, didn't want to go there.

J.
Hey did you grow up in lundbreck.