Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-21-2013, 11:59 AM

Default Still looking around Lloydminster, AB or West thereof

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodo23 View Post
Ok, here goes nothing! I have been out a few times, shot a few ducks couple years ago, I want to go out with someone else who knows what they are doing, I am 38, responsible, not into drug or alcohol, please let me know if you can help me get started.

Bought some decoys, a couple popup blinds, camo clothing, went out this morning and setup, geese came, scoffed at my calls and kept flying, it was fun, but could have been a little better.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:28 PM

Default newfie116

[QUOTE=NEWMAYOR;2104838]Hi Guys,
my son and i hunt 314 every year for deer ,no luck for a mooose draw yet,,,we see moose every trip we make ,,,we only do day trips,,,you need a quad,,,if want to tag along for a day call me ,,,403 397 4955,,,my name is wade
Old 09-21-2013, 08:03 PM

Looking for help nov 6-12 zone 338 bull moose some land permission already but partner bailed on me. Don't want to try and haul out and dress a moose solo. If interested pm me. Thanks
Old 09-21-2013, 08:10 PM

Default November Bull hunt

Where are you thinking to go? I've vacation to take in November.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:14 PM

Default Looking for a hunting partner Sept 27th weekend

Hello all,

I'm new to Calgary from NS and itching to get get back into duck hunting. I just picked up a 12 gauge, dozen decoys, licences, etc. and want to get out for my first Albertan hunt next weekend on Sat Sept 28 and/or that Sunday if Sunday hunting is allowed in the area.

I'm an easy-going young guy and would be more than happy to help haul and set up gear if it can earn a spot in a blind with a trustworthy hunting partner.

Feel free to pm or reach me at louis.westergard@gmail.com so we can set something up.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:24 PM

Default New to Medicine Hat

Hey folks,
I am a new Medicine Hat resident. My fiancee and I just started a great career, fresh out of university. I grew up hunting elk in the Kootenays and would love to have some hunting buddies here in the Hat. I shoot an X-bolt .270 and am interested, at least for this year, in just tagging along on some hunts and learning the lay of the land. I am also interested in bird hunting but have yet to buy a shotgun and fishing. E-Mail me if you like the cut of my jib.

mj1@ualberta.ca
Old 09-22-2013, 11:12 PM

Default hunting partner

Hey I'm pretty new to bow hunting but am very excited about it. I have some land to hunt on but sadly I can only get on about once a month so far due to schedules of landowners. I am looking for a hunting buddy, either that has private land or hunts crown land and can help me out as im not familiar with crown land.

Thanks

-C
Old 09-23-2013, 09:06 PM

Default Frank lake

Ive got Friday/Sat/SUN off and I am going to hit Frank lake for some duck/goose action if anyone is interested in joining me.
Frank is fairy shallow right now but chest waders are required to hit spot Im thinking of in basin 3.
Got 4 chunky Teal last Friday evening and saw lots of pintails and geese Sunday morning even tho I was targeting mallards.
YOU NEED TO BE THERE EARLY(5:30am) to hike in and get set up before sunrise ... bringing a few geese or duck decoys to add to the spread would be cool....if you can call that's a bonus. A CAMO JACKET IS A MUST as well....with all the hunters on there the birds are getting wise.
I'm ok with newer hunters but dont expect to shoot everything that flys by.

pm me if interested...serious inquiry's only pls

Last edited by threeforthree; 10-28-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:26 PM

Looking for help nov 3-8 zone 232 hunt moose .Im lethbridge north very new to me .Looking for a hunting partner thank you
Old 09-25-2013, 01:52 PM

Default Looking for hunting partner

Hello , I am new and looking for someone to go hunting in AB.
I want to go out with someone more expirienced than me,
I am 38, responsible, not into drug or alcohol, please let me know if you can help me get started. I am close to Edmonton.
Feel free to contact me at leucate@live.com
Old 09-26-2013, 08:17 PM

Default Looking for bird hunters

Just moved back to Alberta and have a great bird dog. I am looking for someone that would be interested un hunting Huns and Ducks. Interested in hunting mostly around Southern and Central Alberta. I am in my mid 30's, responsible professional drop me a message would be great to hear from you.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:14 PM

Smile Happy Hunting

Hey folks,
Just want to say happy hunting to all of you, and Be safe! If your going to hunt along, bring a spot locator, or some kind of beacon. If anything, will give your family peace of mind, or closure. I am speaking from experience.
Thanks again Tuc for creating this forum!
Have fun! and good luck!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:14 PM

Older female hunter -experienced in whitetails looking for anyone who'd like to share hunt, meat, etc for Muleys/whitetail west of Edmonton. or interested in planning a strathcona county Whitetail hunt. Also up for any bird hunts in the area over the next month. I am free Most of october for weekday, overnights I'd be up for bear etc if I found the right partner(s) . I have camping gear too.

If anyone has too much game meat-I'd be happy to take any.

I'm easygoing, honest -just need to get out there and hunt!
Old 09-29-2013, 07:55 AM

Default Edmonton area/ central AB big game hunt

Looking for responsible envriomently conscious hunters to team up.

I have my own self contained truck, camper, trailer, quad or horse to hunt from.

My hunts would consist of a predawn walk-in on foot or horseback to a spot to glass and watch. I normaly don't start my quad unless I bag something, need wood, or to change spots.

I have a number of years experience in hunting, remote camping, and wilderness adventures, but I'm new to AB and just haven't met the right guys to spend a week in the bush with.

Definaty not looking for a **** up/ shoot up/ couch burning/mud derby. I enjoy a pop and dirty jokes around the fire like most guys, but I also believe in "pack-in, take-out" safe and responsible hunt.

Message me if your interests in teaming up.

This will be my first year hunting in Ab, so I don't really have any high success areas. I've done a little scouting but I could use some input. I don't have LE tags, and would be looking to do a general tag white tail or Elk with a rifle hunt.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:02 AM

Default Emailed you,

Quote:
Originally Posted by george 1979 View Post
Looking for help nov 6-12 zone 338 bull moose some land permission already but partner bailed on me. Don't want to try and haul out and dress a moose solo. If interested pm me. Thanks
Pm'd you.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith78 View Post
Looking for responsible envriomently conscious hunters to team up.

I have my own self contained truck, camper, trailer, quad or horse to hunt from.

My hunts would consist of a predawn walk-in on foot or horseback to a spot to glass and watch. I normaly don't start my quad unless I bag something, need wood, or to change spots.

I have a number of years experience in hunting, remote camping, and wilderness adventures, but I'm new to AB and just haven't met the right guys to spend a week in the bush with.

Definaty not looking for a **** up/ shoot up/ couch burning/mud derby. I enjoy a pop and dirty jokes around the fire like most guys, but I also believe in "pack-in, take-out" safe and responsible hunt.

Message me if your interests in teaming up.

This will be my first year hunting in Ab, so I don't really have any high success areas. I've done a little scouting but I could use some input. I don't have LE tags, and would be looking to do a general tag white tail or Elk with a rifle hunt.
i am looking for a hunting buddy also im located in red deer
Old 09-29-2013, 11:42 PM

i am new to alberta have hunted a few years back home in nova scotia. im trustworthy honest and nice guy. i know how to shoot i was in the army for 6 years and had my master marksman badge for all the years i have been in. was on the shooting team a little bit when i had the time. looking for anyone who is interested in a hunting buddy.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:10 AM

Default Grouse hunt near Calgary

Looking to get out to Sibbald area a night or two this week after work, 3pm departure or so.
Shoot me a text if anyone out there is interested in joining: 403-827-9980.
Rob
Old 09-30-2013, 09:34 AM

Default hunting partner in Medicine Hat

I am looking for a hunting partner in the Medicine Hat area, I would like to go for Duck and Canadian Goose. I have hunted them in the past but am just getting into it again. I have some decoys but not alot. Let me know if would would like to go hunting.
Email me at Skyviewgrowers@hotmail.com
Old 09-30-2013, 11:57 AM

Iam Looking for somebody to go hunting Nov 16to the 23 in wmu 338 hunting white tail.
Iam brining the 5th wheel trailer with me and setting in the area i hunted last year.. might be just me or a couple guys going . We hunt all day then bull crap the evening with a couple of pops .... Iam 44 yrs old ex military been hunting for years .. You must be drug free and help pay for fuel and food . I live I Airdrie

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 09-30-2013, 01:58 PM

Default taber bird hunter

Looking for anyone who want to try or experience bird hunting in southern Alberta. Give me a shout.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:54 AM

anyone up for hunting some elk? headed out in the morning for 5 days. will be west of rocky around nordegg, have a tent camp and all the goods all you need is a quad to get there and whatever you want to sleep on and eat. this is a wall tent with woodstove and all so all you really need is food and a sleeping bag pm me if interested, i have the area scouted out and we are ready to go.

if all else fails the quad is not impotant i can haul you in if need be.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:36 AM

Thumbs up Anyone want to go Hunting near Entwistle?

Hi I'm new to hunting, shot one deer last year with my buddy, really keen on going hunting within the next week (I'm on week off until next wednesday); I heard Entwistle was a good area to hunt and it's relatively close to Edmonton (where I live). I was going to go out by myself but figured it would be better to find a huntin buddy with some experience and to help carry the weight. Anyways, if anyone wants to go on an adventure PM me! We can take my truck and my fuels free so it'll be a free hunt just bring your own gun and ammo and knife!

Any Elk around Entwistle? I heard the fires pushed a lot of them South.
I got a white tail buck tag and a bear tag... (and Elk and Sheep)

Cheers!
Old 10-06-2013, 11:51 AM

Default hunting partners around lethbridge

looking to hook up with some guys or gals for a mule deer or whitetail bowhunt, I am 37 and am an avid archer for 10 plus years, and have been bowhunting for 2 years with no success, and really would love someone to show me some tips and would love it to turn into a long term hunting partner.
as of November I am going to attempt my first black powder hunt and would love to have some guys to go with for that as well, I have a flintlock and an inline muzzleloader..
I would love to go hunting for pretty much anything, elk, bear, birds I just wanna get out there, I have all my own gear, camo ect.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:11 PM

Default BC Hunters

Really looking forward to Rifle season in Alberta!!!
Just a couple of British Columbians now living in Edmonton, my boyfriend has been hunting the same tried and true area in BC his whole life so we've never had to branch out and scout new areas.
We've heard of many good spots out here north and west of Edmonton but don't know where to start.
We wanna hunt whitetail and elk and we're looking for someone or another couple to guide the way or atleast come join us on this crazy goose (deer/elk) chase. We're down for grouse and rabbit shootin if the opportunity arises.
We both work Mon-Fri so we can do weekend hunts, head out Friday after work and come back Sunday as late as we need to.
We've got all we need for camping alongside a nice collection of firearms.
We enjoy a beer or two around the fire after a hard days work in the field and we like to cook decent meals on the fire/stove.
Send me a message and let's get this ball rollin!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:33 AM

I've held off from posting in here, but what the hell.
Aussie male now living in Edson.
NO PAL! It's taken a lot longer that I thought it would and is still in process. I do have an Aussie firearms licence but no firearms here with me.
Would be keen to tag along on just about any sort of hunt in the area, especially waterfowl.
Fully licenced for hunting with migratory stamp as well. I have non PAL air guns for hunting grouse
Old 10-11-2013, 12:58 AM

Question

Anyone looking to help out or join in the strathcona county whitetail hunt. Im starting last week of oct with a shotgun, slugs, scope. There's also grouse and rabbit in the area. If you want to use a stand, bow or crossbow etc thats great.pm me please or say hi if I see you out there!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:57 PM

Default Lookin for a weekend hunting partner/mentor around Calgary

I'm new to hunting and interested in waterfowl, whitetail or mule deer hunting mostly around Southern and Central Alberta.

I am in my mid 40's, responsible professional. Drop me a message if someone is willing to help me get started.

THanks!
Old 10-12-2013, 03:00 PM

Default Looking for a partner for a weekend hunt in November

Primarily interested in Elk, this is my fourth year hunting and the guy I usually go with bailed on me. I am in Calgary but willing to travel.

Generally walk in sit and watch fields/game trails. I don't have a quad.

I work Monday to Friday but May be able to arrange for a Friday/Monday off to extend a weekend hunt.

I'm 31, don't smoke and no drugs. I enjoy a pop now and the , but after the hunting is done.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:57 PM

Just moved to the calgary area, missed last years hunting season while working for an outfitter for birds and whitetails, dont want to miss another. Looking to get my first mule deer, and wouldnt mind white tails and birds, eventually moose and elk. I have rifle and bow, tree stands ground blind and pick up. I know a few areas for deer and birds but no one to hunt with, looking for some one to split gas and get permission, pm if interested