Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-23-2010, 11:08 AM

Default I like the micro loan thing

You get paid back. And people use your money to get themselves going in a self sustaining way.
Charity can create an addict dependency thing.which can just prolong the 'poverty'.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:17 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
You get paid back. And people use your money to get themselves going in a self sustaining way.
Charity can create an addict dependency thing.which can just prolong the 'poverty'.

just had to say LOL @ your avatar

Old 12-23-2010, 11:28 AM

Default yah...

greatest cheesy movie ever made!
Old 12-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
im told its ignorant, but im a big believer in Helping the people in our own country first.

I just heard on the radio.... something like $50 million dollars going into some some park in the river valley?? are you kidding?? No No No.. dont put it into education or whatever else may need a big boost.

I really dont pay attention to the news or what is going on in the world to really have a say anyways

the government spends more money on guns and bombs than it does on feeding hungry people,and if the government started giving alot more money to poor people the conservative would cry, and call them all welfare bums that are lazy and don't want to work.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast View Post
the government spends more money on guns and bombs than it does on feeding hungry people,
Well it does make sense seeings how we technicaly are at war.

I think its important that our soldiers have guns and bombs (and food).

Last time I checked guns are not cheap (not sure about bombs, neither WSS or Cabelas have any listed).

I imagine due to distance (afganistan vs say regina) it costs more to feed said soldier than civilian in saskatchewan.

Its also a good thing to have jet fighters to patrol our borders and turn away foreighn aircraft (that may have guns and bombs and want our food).

I tried to simplify my response.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR_mike View Post
Well it does make sense seeings how we technicaly are at war.

I think its important that our soldiers have guns and bombs (and food).

Last time I checked guns are not cheap (not sure about bombs, neither WSS or Cabelas have any listed).

I imagine due to distance (afganistan vs say regina) it costs more to feed said soldier than civilian in saskatchewan.

Its also a good thing to have jet fighters to patrol our borders and turn away foreighn aircraft (that may have guns and bombs and want our food).

I tried to simplify my response.
although I am for feeding our soldiers and sailers, we have spent more money even in peacetime on guns and bombs than on feeding hungry people,this is true of most countries we are not alone, it just goes to show what human priorities are that's all.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
although I am for feeding our soldiers and sailers, we have spent more money even in peacetime on guns and bombs than on feeding hungry people,this is true of most countries we are not alone, it just goes to show what human priorities are that's all.
I am guessing national sovreignty and survival so we can continue to feed hungry people here and abroad.

In times of peace a wise man prepares for war.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR_mike View Post
I am guessing national sovreignty and survival so we can continue to feed hungry people here and abroad.

In times of peace a wise man prepares for war.
yeah canada is so hated in the world, we have lots of enemies who would attack us at any moment

again im not against guns and bombs just using the comparison of guns vs hunger,we could use alot of examples really,if you want to see where someone's priorities are watch what they spend money on,the same is true about governments,the governments say they are feeding hungry people but if you look at the expendatures it tells a different story.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:20 PM

eastcost, maybe you should put your behind out on the line with our forces, and then tell us how much more important your belly is, than that of the "hungry people" around the world, that have been abused by our Muslim brethren.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
I really dont pay attention to the news or what is going on in the world to really have a say anyways
Most people don't. Thats part of the problem, as long as people are comfortable with their lives and not immediatly affected they couldn't give a ****. This allows all the corruption in the world to prosper cause nobody pays attention.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebuck View Post
eastcost, maybe you should put your behind out on the line with our forces, and then tell us how much more important your belly is, than that of the "hungry people" around the world, that have been abused by our Muslim brethren.
I have many many friends in the military,one of my best childhood friends is in afghanistan right now,I didn't say nor don't mean that we should withhold anything from the military just using them as an example of spending in an ironic way,are you insinuating that all the problems in the world have been caused by muslims?
Old 12-23-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
And yeah...I think it's wrong for these so called charitable org's to be supporting abortion...(which I don't believe in...well I believe in it...I just think it's murder...
You hear a lot of these sort of excuses to not give (and I'm not saying you use them Ruga, you just most recently voiced this issue). It's "Oh, I don't give anything to anyone because United Way gives to planned parenthood" or "Oh I don't give because one charity I heard about took too much in administration fees". Fact of the matter you can designate (or exclude) specific charities in your united way donation. You can give to Catholic Charities if abortion really irks you. You can look up the annual reports of most charities and see how much is used to cover administration of fund raising....

Have to question why some people even celebrate Christmas... they sure don't seem to believe in the teachings and examples of the guy the holiday is named for.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:29 PM

You don't need to give to the united way, plenty of people doing good work.

Personally I don't give to the united way but it is to do with the chunk they skimm off of the top, and the control they put on the other fund raising "supported" charities get to do.

You would be surprise the dirty looks I get when I tell the yearly unitedway flunky at work that I don't give to them. The active encoragement of my co-workers to give directly to charities does not help either.

Just to let folk know there was traffic control at the food bank last night when I drove home last night , so there is plenty of need out there.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
the government spends more money on guns and bombs than it does on feeding hungry people,and if the government started giving alot more money to poor people the conservative would cry, and call them all welfare bums that are lazy and don't want to work.
I think your trolling, but I will bite.

How much money have YOU personally donated to charities to feed poor people. Unless its a good chunk of change... do you really have a dog in this fight?

I get very tired of do-gooders telling me what the best way to spend my money is. If your so passionate about feeding the poor and giving money to the lazy, well... go and do it. Guess how it will end? You too will be poor and hungry.

"Alot" is two words. A (space) lot.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeze View Post
I think your trolling, but I will bite.

How much money have YOU personally donated to charities to feed poor people. Unless its a good chunk of change... do you really have a dog in this fight?

I get very tired of do-gooders telling me what the best way to spend my money is. If your so passionate about feeding the poor and giving money to the lazy, well... go and do it. Guess how it will end? You too will be poor and hungry.

"Alot" is two words. A (space) lot.
incase you didn't realize this whole entire thread is about feeding the poor,I happened to point out that the government spends more money on guns and bombs than it does on food and shelter by a long shot,that makes me a troll?I guess the truth isn't important anymore just argue your points and ignore the truth?

of course I have a dog in this fight I am a tax payer this is my money,I believe in a strong military and have alot of friends in there,but I am also for feeding hungry people is it not possible to have both things at the same time?I didn't think this was an either or kinda deal.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
...yeah canada is so hated in the world, we have lots of enemies who would attack us at any moment
YUP!
Sarcasm aside, they hate us because we're allies of their "great satan" - whatever THAT is supposed to be.

Don't EVER think that Canada is immune - especially Calgary with all its oil company offices here!

I did night shifts as a building operator in a office building, when all the cleaners were in. They were ALL from "over there", and I was appalled at the anti-West, ani-"infidel" cr@p that came out of their mouths!

The only reason they got out of the building vertical and not feet first, and got home safely, is because "murder" is illegal!! THAT'S how bad their constant beaking-off was!!

(I wouldn't have called it murder, though. I'd have called it a pre-emptive strike!!)

Last edited by stuckincity; 12-23-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckincity View Post
YUP!
Sarcasm aside, they hate us because we're allies of their "great satan" - whatever THAT is supposed to be.

Don't EVER think that Canada is immune - especially Calgary with all its oil company offices here!

I did night shifts as a building operator in a office building, when all the cleaners were in. They were ALL from "over there", and I was appalled at the anti-West, ani-"infidel" cr@p that came out of their mouths!

The only reason they got out of the building vertical and not feet first, and got home safely, is because "murder" is illegal!! THAT'S how bad their constant beaking-off was!!

(I wouldn't have called it murder, though. I'd have called it a pre-emptive strike!!)
Good point stuckincity.

As insulated as we think we are here in Canada a lot of us dont realize that we are also involved in a multifront low intensity conflict.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Little bit narrow of a world view there. Children are starving in other countries, diseases... natural disasters.... wars. I don't think most Canadians mind providing some foreign aid. Canada gives less per capita than many countries.

And as for not getting a say... you do, every election.
only 28 million people in Canada,,,,,,,,,,how may people r employed ? This is not counting Self employed.Oko
Old 12-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
You hear a lot of these sort of excuses to not give (and I'm not saying you use them Ruga, you just most recently voiced this issue). It's "Oh, I don't give anything to anyone because United Way gives to planned parenthood" or "Oh I don't give because one charity I heard about took too much in administration fees". Fact of the matter you can designate (or exclude) specific charities in your united way donation. You can give to Catholic Charities if abortion really irks you. You can look up the annual reports of most charities and see how much is used to cover administration of fund raising....

Have to question why some people even celebrate Christmas... they sure don't seem to believe in the teachings and examples of the guy the holiday is named for.
So are you saying that people that chose to not give to charities that support abortion aren't Christian/christian and shouldn't celebrate Christmas? Seems to me you got it a bit backwards. I think anyone that supports a charity that supports killing babies should be taking a long hard look at the meaning of Christmas. I have to question how someone can support killing an innocent baby and then turn around and celebrate the birth of Jesus. I reckon if the UN was around about 2000 plus years ago...maybe they might have nabbed Jesus before he was even born being as how Mary and Joseph are the type of folks these planned parenthood creeps like to prey on. (prey...not pray).

The Federal Gov of Canada takes more than a significant portion of my wages and gives them to charities that I do not support. I chose to give what's left of my charitable nature to childrens charities that are local. Children are completely innocent of whatever terrible situation they find themselves in and I have zero issue with doing whatever is necessary helping them. It will be a cold day in heck before any arm of the UN gets any money from me voluntarily.