Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2010, 05:01 PM

Default SD card recovery from Game camera, HELP!

Hi, I was hoping someone on here knows a little about my problem and can help me out. I have a Moultrie I60 and last time I checked the camera I had 600+ pics on it. I was scrolling through them on the cameras viewer then decided I had previewed enough of the pics and turned the camera off while it was in the view mode then I pulled the card and replaced it. Normally the card would work in my camera and would let me view the pics but this time I cant and the card will not show up on the computer as well. Has anyone else had this problem and is it because I turned the camera off while it was in the viewer mode?

I guess the point of this is how do I fix the card so I can recover my pics as well as reformat the card so it is usable again. My primary concern is to recover the pics!!!

Thanks for any help in advance. And yes I checked the lock switch on the side is not locked nor has it ever been!
Old 10-16-2010, 05:31 PM

Is it a micro sd or the normal ones? I've had lots off issues with the little guys where I could only view pics on the original device.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:42 PM

If its one that slips into a adapter, check the adapter it happened to me as the small card was not fitted into the adapter properly. If that makes sense. No computer guru either. Hope ya get your pics.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 10-16-2010, 05:46 PM

Check the card manufacturer's website for recovery tools and check their troubleshooting section for tips.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:42 PM

Probably stupid remark here, but some of the cards have a little sliding lock on the side. Maybe it's locked?
Old 10-17-2010, 10:38 AM

Ya its not a micro card it is the full size card, and the switch on the side is not nor ever has been in the locked position. I might try and put the card in the camera next time i am in the bush to see if i can get it to work in there again. and somehow down load the images.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:26 PM

Rough...

I once had an issue with an accidentally erased card but unfortunately I can't remember which style it was. It may have been a Compact Flash or an SD card...either way, I learned that nothing is ever truly erased just by pushing the delete button. Almost anything can be recovered...

This was some time ago so the memory is a little fuzzy, but I seem to recall that I just did a google search for programs that could recover this type of thing and then once I found one that was a freeware program, I went to the Cnet website and downloaded it. It wasn't hard to recover the lost images and I was very relieved!

I am no comp guru either but I can hold my own and all in all, it wasn't that bad of an experience

I know my advice is vague at best (sorry about that) but I just wanted to let you know there is hope! Do a little research and you will have a solution in no time. Good Luck!

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015
Old 12-22-2010, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck Country View Post
Ya its not a micro card it is the full size card, and the switch on the side is not nor ever has been in the locked position. I might try and put the card in the camera next time i am in the bush to see if i can get it to work in there again. and somehow down load the images.

I had a similar problem with a couple new cf cards in my reconyx. Long story short I bought a program called card rescue http://www.cardrescue.com/ . I tried using Sandisks rescue, and just got frustrated, but I'm not very computer literate, so perhaps it works fine. All I know is that card rescue worked much easier for me, and I got close to 1,000 pics that for me were otherwise lost.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:25 PM

I bought one that worked good for me

http://www.cardrecovery.com
Old 12-22-2010, 07:53 PM

know anybody with a new mac laptop with on board card reader? A buddies pulled stuff we didnt know or could get off the cards. the macs just plain work. chain
Old 12-22-2010, 08:35 PM

take the card to your nearest photo lad they can get even deleted pictures off cards, when you delete a photo, from any card, they are not gone for sure, they can be found with whatever program they use, just my experience.

Last edited by nimrod; 12-22-2010 at 08:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-23-2010, 10:23 AM

Thanks for all the replys I actually figured out the problem. My digital camera and computer were bought a long time ago before the high capacity cards came out thus they are both only able to read a 1 GB Card. Since the card that came with the Moultrie camera was 1 GB it worked but the 4GB cards kept coming back with card errors. I bought a moultrie card reader for $6 and put the high capacity cards in it then plugged it into the USB port and was able to recover all of the pics. Kind of funny since I brought it to memory express and they couldn't get the pics off but at least I got a $6 solution.

Made me realize it might be time for a new computer!