Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-13-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
I think it will stay that way for a while. There has been a massive buying spree in the last 20 years spawned since the internet and sites like this have connected like minded people, drove interest and fostered sales like never before up until a few years ago. More gunsmiths, internet dealers galore. Just look at the Edmonton market, there was wholesale sports, P&D and a handful of others, then there was 2 wholesales, two Cabelas, most Canadian tire stores and gun sales flourished. Now Wholesale is gone, many of the mom and pop stores are gone. Our local gunshop out here closed a few years ago, our Canadian tire has little new inventory the last few years and the guns are not moving. Many many people bought and bought and now have more guns than they use, the market is saturated and the used market is flooded with people selling now that it is hard times in Alberta. Definitely a buyers market at least for run of the mill guns.
I would agree with you to a point but the beauty of the WWW is buyers are every where...May take more hassle and time to move a firearm but the buyers are still out there for quality firearms. The 300 dollar package guns will never command a good price unless your willing to hold on to it for 50 years....Look at what Enfields are selling for....
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
.Look at what Enfields are selling for....
True dat but on the other hand Enfields wouldn't be worth anywhere near what they are nowadays if everyone hadn't "sporterized" or otherwise butchered or abused the vast majority of them.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:51 PM
Banned

I like when you post something someone comes up with offer of 50% or hey I’ll trade you a savage axis and upgraded scope for your sako 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️
Old 03-14-2019, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
If ya think used prices are out to lunch here, you should try a gun show or three.
Your head will explode.

What’s a used gun worth?........
What somebody is willing to pay for it!
Welcome to the free market economy.

If you fail to do your homework, expect to get the odd bloody nose.
x3 on the gun shows and x2 on the bloody nose,i see the same guys with the same 30 rifles for the past ten years at some shows and they won't move down 20 bucks and then there upset on losing money at gun shows.The good stuff sells and the rest doesn't move.There's 100 times the variety online without even leaving the house.

If you want to sell then be prepared to make or lose a few bucks,but you can't tag in your time and expenses in for some junk you overprice to compensate for your dumb habits,if the game is not going your way sell it all for what you can get and bail out,no one has a gun to your head that you must do this.

Self torture is your own fault and in the past ten years more rifles have hit the market than ever before so older stuff that collectors may want or younger guys know little about these rifles are just wood and steel.I think most gun show guys are boarder line hoarders that need heavy time on the big couch with professional help.Not all,but the number is very high.Plus they enjoy finding more junk for there trash pile.

When you can find the rifle or rifles your selling ten times in a week online at a better prices then you have , then you have some mental challenges beyond repair in most cases if you don't jump in on that price range.Because all ten are not wrong on there price.

Plus when times were good lotsa guys paid through the nose and loaded there safes,lots hunting pressure and lotsa pressure in our economy so wait till the big toys that all the guys have wanting to live like a millionaire that were only short 920 k per year are holding.

To many folks living beyond there means and there jobs are getting axed and they cry for help.Suck it up because crying time is far from being over if you never looked ahead.

So is it the price of guns or the prices some nut job that thinks his rare piece they made 12 million of is the only one around.There some exceptions on this,but very few.

Most big stores that sold high end guns sell them on the usa sights and just pay the broker fee,easy as that and plenty are doing it due the large demand down south and the dollar.

If your feel like a real good swift kick in the nuts go sell it at cabelas and get paid 40 cents on the dollar on a brand new rifle.Now there's an insult that losses my business for life,even if I have to order it at higher price in any other store.There starting to feel the crunch and when they do I hope plenty of small guys are able to hold out and do well.

JD
Old 03-14-2019, 08:40 AM

Go find a gun you want and call it good,,, pay the price and be happy since its a one time deal unless you want to own more than 1.

I've got a few irons to get me by,,, I'll buy a few extra gun stocks,,, maybe a few used optics,,, but my bases are covered till end game.

The nice thing about keeping it simple allows us to pass up on the gun shows and buy and sell adds,,, our time is better spent in the wilds,,, Yuppers,,, off to BC for the next adventure.

Ye Ha,,, bring on the good times.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I HATE TRAD EX! Those two , Tony and Anthony ( I can never get them two straight!) have WAY too many good deals on their website!
Drives me nutz every time I look at it, good thing I have a semblance of self control or I would be forever broke!
Been dealing with those two for many years, worse than crack dealers tel ya!
Cat
I hear ya....I just “discovered” trade-ex a few months ago now I “need/must have” at least 5 more rifles,lol
Not even kidding,I’ll be buying a few from there for sure,just too many irons in the fire right now/still building the latest project and Spring break-up looming any day now but.....my wish list grows every time I look at that site,men are just boys with paycheck.😁