Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-27-2019, 01:19 PM

Default Stag10 vs BCL102?

I’m looking for feedback on these two rifles... I’ve heard there may be some build quality complaints regarding the BCL102 - but that it might be just the first generation of production. Does anyone have a complaint with their 2nd gen bcl?

Being left handed, I’m leaning towards a stag10 left hand in 6.5. Are there any other non-restricted, semi auto rifles with the same level of customization, within the same price point?
I’ve had guns my whole life, but have always been more of a bowhunter - though at this point, i want to get a fun shooting, semi auto rifle mostly for mid-long range target shooting, but also for the occasional big game hunt as well.
Any input is appreciated.
Old 01-27-2019, 01:46 PM
Banned

You can also check out Savage's MSR 10 in cabelas. it comes in 6.5 or 308, and is non restricted.

I think it runs for 1.7k at cabelas.
Old 01-27-2019, 02:08 PM

Have a Gen 2 BCL 102 and haven't had a single issue. If you're in Calgary area and want to try it out let me know. Shoots pretty well, build quality is what you can expect. I really enjoy shooting it. Are there better rifles out there? Heck yes, but for the price I don't think it can be beat. I bought mine on sale and got a great deal.
Old 01-27-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaHunter View Post
You can also check out Savage's MSR 10 in cabelas. it comes in 6.5 or 308, and is non restricted.

I think it runs for 1.7k at cabelas.
Where are you seeing Savage 10 MSR as non-restricted?
Old 01-27-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yz295 View Post
Have a Gen 2 BCL 102 and haven't had a single issue. If you're in Calgary area and want to try it out let me know. Shoots pretty well, build quality is what you can expect. I really enjoy shooting it. Are there better rifles out there? Heck yes, but for the price I don't think it can be beat. I bought mine on sale and got a great deal.
If you’re serious - that would be pretty awesome. I’m in Airdrie. I’ll Pm you in the next couple days and see if we can set something up.
Old 01-27-2019, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
Where are you seeing Savage 10 MSR as non-restricted?
Ya I’m pretty sure they are restricted
Old 01-27-2019, 10:27 PM
Banned

Ah, oops. Sorry about that misinformation. I thought it was non-restricted for a moment there.

I was probably scanning the cabelas website too quickly.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaHunter View Post
Ah, oops. Sorry about that misinformation. I thought it was non-restricted for a moment there.

I was probably scanning the cabelas website too quickly.
I don’t know why they aren’t non restricted. Don’t they have a slightly different machined upper and lower receiver so they aren’t interchangeable with other AR-15’s? Maybe I’m wrong it’s been awhile since I watched a review on these guns.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:45 AM

I've purchased 2 BCL102s,

I am very happy with the machine quality, I've put 100s of rounds through mine with out a FTF or a jam.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:47 AM

I prefer the Stag over the BCL. I have both.

Stag is 7075 aluminum and anodized. BCL is 6064 aluminum and cerakoted.

My Stag 10 is flawless in finishing, I can’t say the same for my BCL
Old 03-16-2019, 04:22 PM

I’ve had the BCL102 since November 8th bought online from The Ammo source and have yet to get through two rounds without a failure to feed or failure to eject. After two months of dealing with the warranty department of either being told my parts are in the mail (Nov30) and getting the tracking number over a month later (Shipping label created Jan 10) or ghosting me entirely, they finally sent me a new BCG as well as a new charging handle ( because the old one hit a tech in the face firing two rounds at the range) but unfortunately for me this didn’t change the FTF or FTE issues. Ive contacted Black creek labs warranty with no reply as of yet (Mar14) also tried to contacted Rob Macintyre (Mar13) who showed an interest in my issues in December but ultimately was ghosted by him as well even after he asked to arrange a call which I accepted but no call came and couldn’t call him as there is no contact number for Black Creek Labs only there crappy no help website. I’ve also tried to put a review on the 102 on The ammo sources site to let others know of the issues and terrible warranty service but they screen the reviews and it hasn’t been approved.... in short do not purchase a firearm from a site with final sale on firearms and would highly caution on on purchasing any Black Creek Lab products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2019, 04:29 PM

I've handled or shot neither, but based on my research, I'd definitely choose the Stag 10.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronRichter View Post
I’ve had the BCL102 since November 8th bought online from The Ammo source and have yet to get through two rounds without a failure to feed or failure to eject. After two months of dealing with the warranty department of either being told my parts are in the mail (Nov30) and getting the tracking number over a month later (Shipping label created Jan 10) or ghosting me entirely, they finally sent me a new BCG as well as a new charging handle ( because the old one hit a tech in the face firing two rounds at the range) but unfortunately for me this didn’t change the FTF or FTE issues. Ive contacted Black creek labs warranty with no reply as of yet (Mar14) also tried to contacted Rob Macintyre (Mar13) who showed an interest in my issues in December but ultimately was ghosted by him as well even after he asked to arrange a call which I accepted but no call came and couldn’t call him as there is no contact number for Black Creek Labs only there crappy no help website. I’ve also tried to put a review on the 102 on The ammo sources site to let others know of the issues and terrible warranty service but they screen the reviews and it hasn’t been approved.... in short do not purchase a firearm from a site with final sale on firearms and would highly caution on on purchasing any Black Creek Lab products

Wow, SFRC AKA the Ammo Source was nothing but helpful with my purchases. They called me when they were going to ship my first one stating the cerakote colour was bad and asked if I would be happy waiting another 3 days for new cerakote. I agreed and without discussing it they gave me bag of accessories and magazines for free when my rifle arrived a week later. Your experience would most definitely sour me to BCLs.

With my experience and the fact the BCLs are Canadian made was a big seller to me, the lack of consistency in build quality is concerning and would make me question weather I'd purchase a third BCL102.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:00 AM

I didn’t have an issue with SFRC as I knew it was final sale on the firearms but sounds like you got gold star service on your cerakote though, I order a black rifle and it came with a green tinge to it. Contacted Ryan as well about the review I wrote on the BCL (nothing against SFRC) and he replied saying quote “We don’t really use it any more. Most of the reviews you see online are from before the website switched over.”........... BUT the 5 star reviews on the BCL barrels and BCG that were posted in (Jan-mar2019) made it on since the site change in early December which tells me negative reviews are screened and issues on product aren’t shared with there customers like the recall notice on the extractor from the shipment they sent me plus they didn’t show a lot of interest when I called and they told me to deal with BCL
Old 03-21-2019, 10:58 AM

https://www.huntinggearguy.com/rifle...bcl102-review/