Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-10-2008, 10:01 PM
coyote17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
I spent some time on the island this spring, didn't live there but spent enough time to see the difference in the cost of things. Pretty much everything there is more expensive than here, especially stuff like groceries. I was shocked that a regular loaf of Mcgavins bread was almost 4$ regular price. Gas was more while we were there than here too and then you have the pst along with the gst. Cost of living is more there than here forsure.

My daughter is about to move to the island and that is a good test for her to see if she can handle the winters over there. They have milder weather over the winter but it rains quite a bit and stays cloudy. I've heard from many people while I was there that they can't handle the amount of cloud and they use the UV lights in the winter so they don't get depressed.

Ladysmith is indeed a nice place, everything is nice over there but 1 thing that we didn't like about Ladysmith is that it basically shuts down at 9pm at night, even on the weekends. They have a 7 eleven open but try order a pizza at that time of night in town and you are SOL! My nephew that lives there says it is made up of newly wed and nearly dead lol. Maybe you can monopolize the market and open up a fast food joint that stays open past 9pm ;p

LOL, thanks for the input i am rethinking of moving there im looking for different places on the coast or island that arent majour expensive. Best of luck to your daughter.