Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-17-2018, 06:01 PM

I'm a Flames fan and do not like the Oilers but even I feel bad . What an awful miscalculation on team talent. Wow.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:08 PM
Banned

Fans expectations are way too high for the Coilers this year. Why do we keep expecting them to win games, when all the other teams are better
Old 02-17-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Fans expectations are way too high for the Coilers this year. Why do we keep expecting them to win games, when all the other teams are better
Because of the over achieving and puck luck fluke of last year. Years like last year happen sometimes to teams where an entire club over achieves and they get a lot of lucky bounces. This year is the absolute reality of what to expect. This team has to get blown up. Get a vet that’s been there and done that and give him the C. Connor McMuffin is just a kid and is no voice in the room or on the bench. Is he going to stand up to Lucic and tell him to step it up?? Cmon...
But then again getting anyone to want to come to this club will be a stretch..
Old 02-17-2018, 06:42 PM

I think the second they signed Mc Jesus and then Draisaitl expectations got way out of hand. Two people don’t make a team....look at the Vegas model.....I’m not sure I’ve seen a team with so much chemistry, work ethic, energy in years.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoytCRX32 View Post
I think the second they signed Mc Jesus and then Draisaitl expectations got way out of hand. Two people don’t make a team....look at the Vegas model.....I’m not sure I’ve seen a team with so much chemistry, work ethic, energy in years.
Yup all castoffs pretty much left unprotected for the expansion draft. They are an awesome story and example that hard work and team effort can beat raw talent and skill. I enjoy watching that team. Hockey should be entertaining. The Oiler crowd doesn’t get that though. And rather then take a stand, there will be 17k plus still seated at Rogers Place next home game because these people don’t have anything better to do I guess. It’s the money total at the gate that will dictate if any changes are made. Katz isn’t a passionate hockey owner. He was a fan in his younger years following Gretz and Mess like a friggen lap dog around town and eventually drummed up enough money to buy his toy..

Last edited by 1899b; 02-17-2018 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:37 PM

4-2 drubbing!!!!

Take that Colorado!

Whohooooooooo!

Go oil!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 02-18-2018, 04:11 PM

ONE IN A ROW winning streak

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 02-18-2018, 05:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeforthree View Post
ONE IN A ROW winning streak
Old 02-18-2018, 05:47 PM
Banned

Default Soilers

SOILERS---no playoffs for you. Plan that Draft Lottery Parade
Old 02-19-2018, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Moose View Post
SOILERS---no playoffs for you. Plan that Draft Lottery Parade
The parade route is set and we'll be back next year stronger than ever! It will be the MOTHER of all seasons

iraqi minister.jpg
Old 02-19-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
The parade route is set and we'll be back next year stronger than ever! It will be the MOTHER of all seasons

Attachment 142948
Rebuilds take time. We get it. Whooooooo!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-20-2018, 08:26 PM

2-0!!!!!!

So THATs Wut secondary scoring looks line����....!

Whohooooo!!!
Old 02-20-2018, 09:44 PM

There are only 3 certainties in life. Death,taxes and the oilers losing. Flames are gonna beat you fakers soon!
1 John 4:10
Old 02-20-2018, 10:36 PM

Three unanswered goals, and they lose again.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:06 AM

Well that sucked. I wonder if the coaching staff is under orders that they have to play Maroon no matter what to try and get some trade value out of him. He hasn't put in any effort in the last 20 or games and looks like he already has his bags packed. The 1st goal was a bad bounce. 2nd was a defensive break down which lead to getting hemmed into our zone. But the 3rd goal was on Maroon and Klefbom for a whole lot of "I don't give a #$%^". Then they put Maroon on for the 6 on 4??????? Give the icetime to JJK or Slep, at least they putting the effort in and both had great offensive games for 3rd/4th liners.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:46 AM

Dang! I went to bed after the second period, wasn't feeling great...I guess I should have stayed up to watch The Great Collapse. Here I thought they were going to be on a two game win streak. Going to have to adjust my expectations even lower I guess....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-21-2018, 07:51 AM

Maroon has been coasting out there lately. This is his future here pretty quick. You would think he would be trying to maximize his value.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:55 AM

Fallin for Dahlin......

Go Eskimos!!!!!
Old 02-21-2018, 09:50 AM

Man

That sucks seeing Maroon play so poorly.
Some interesting stuff last night.

Looks like Hall was indeed poison in the locker room by the time McD came along. Too bad...and I’m not placing the blame on him because I think we put wayyyy too much pressure on these young kids. I really don’t think Hall should have been put I to any leadership roll either ..... just let him worry about his job.
I’m not sure if I’d listen to 4 coaches in 5-6 years either.

Edmonton’s fans, and it’s media need to seriously back off the criticizing pressure a bit with the players.
It’s simply too much to expect from young men....... combine that with Edmonton being a hard city to enjoy if you’re not from there..... it’s not surprising that it’s tough to get players to come here..... easy to lose ones passion for the game if you’re exposed to such.

Trade Hall.... he flourishes....
Trade Ebs..... he’s doing well
Trade yak..... ok never mind... he still sucks..
But I also know a real good offensive Dman that plays for the Penguins

... there’s a pattern here boys... and the fans played a roll in it.

There’s a few things to fix in ole E town.... the fans have some fixin to do too.

Just some thoughts...

Yea... they make a lot of money.... but they’re human.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:21 AM

Don't forget about Devin Dubnyk....

But seriously, if you get paid millions and can't take a bit of pressure from the media, maybe its time to start selling hot dogs in the stands. That likely isn't a high pressure job.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:11 PM
Banned

I’ve heard lots of podcast interviews of now retired NHL players and I was shocked at how many agree Edmonton was the worst place they played in their careers. The combination of weather, media, fans, lack of freedom and not being competitive has big influence on he talent that comes our way.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Man

That sucks seeing Maroon play so poorly.
Some interesting stuff last night.

Looks like Hall was indeed poison in the locker room by the time McD came along. Too bad...and I’m not placing the blame on him because I think we put wayyyy too much pressure on these young kids. I really don’t think Hall should have been put I to any leadership roll either ..... just let him worry about his job.
I’m not sure if I’d listen to 4 coaches in 5-6 years either.

Edmonton’s fans, and it’s media need to seriously back off the criticizing pressure a bit with the players.
It’s simply too much to expect from young men....... combine that with Edmonton being a hard city to enjoy if you’re not from there..... it’s not surprising that it’s tough to get players to come here..... easy to lose ones passion for the game if you’re exposed to such.

Trade Hall.... he flourishes....
Trade Ebs..... he’s doing well
Trade yak..... ok never mind... he still sucks..
But I also know a real good offensive Dman that plays for the Penguins

... there’s a pattern here boys... and the fans played a roll in it.

There’s a few things to fix in ole E town.... the fans have some fixin to do too.

Just some thoughts...

Yea... they make a lot of money.... but they’re human.
Ok the fans have to wear some but the organization has hurt this teams development for quite a number of years. Fans have paid big dollars, have expectations and get the same story each year and after each bad game. It is like McLellan has a pre-set 7 day script that he rotates through.

Some of this stuff goes back to Lowe and McTavish --- the coaching change to dump Kruger for Eakins set Hall, Schultz and Eberle backwards on their development. I am not sold on Chiarelli as a genius for a manager -- look at his trades and compare the outcomes. Not good.

Last year may have been a fluke and put expectations high but the work ethic last year to this is substantially different, as is the performance of the special teams. Is this special team coaches or losing a key role player or two (ie not reading the team right for mix -- the role of Matt Hendricks in the room and limited minutes -- Jets rave about his role).
Old 02-21-2018, 02:05 PM

Would be a much easier town to play in if there wasn't always the same BS on the ice. It's like ground hog day. The fans have a right to be p****d off as year after god forsaken year it's the same thing, yet we have one of the highest ticket prices in the league (think I heard 4th).
All we ever see is our talent bleed out of town and seem to get $0.60 on the dollar if we are lucky.
That being said, we are not helping anything by continually picking out one guy and riding him out of town with the "Ya I hear he was poison in the room!" garbage. There has been many teams on record that truly hated each other and still went out and kicked A**. They are pros, not little johnny's Midget A team. Us Edmonton fans always pick one guy and rip on him constantly until he is gone, then when he is somewhere else we complain at how well he is doing. So sick of the whole circus............I still cheer Oil and HATE the Phlems, but I don't have to be happy about it right now.

BH

Old 02-22-2018, 08:49 PM
Banned

Default bessiedog MIA ??

It's game night and bessiedog hasn't posted anything as of yet Should we file a missing persons report??
Old 02-22-2018, 09:40 PM

Oooohhhh baby!!!!!

We dominated dat game!!!

Big OT win!!

Oil!!
Old 02-22-2018, 09:49 PM

If you cheered for a real team you'd understand that games don't go to overtime if you dominate the other team. Case in point, the Flames tonight....

That being said, Athough I wish it was two, thanks for taking one point from Colorado!
Old 02-22-2018, 09:52 PM

Heretic!!!
Old 02-22-2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Oooohhhh baby!!!!!

We dominated dat game!!!

Big OT win!!

Oil!!
So they gained one point on Colorado, and gained nothing on Calgary. That won't get them a playoff position, and they are pretty much eliminated mathematically.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
If you cheered for a real team you'd understand that games don't go to overtime if you dominate the other team. Case in point, the Flames tonight....

That being said, Athough I wish it was two, thanks for taking one point from Colorado!
Or the night prior for Vegas.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:27 PM

Default Stop it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So they gained one point on Colorado, and gained nothing on Calgary. That won't get them a playoff position, and they are pretty much eliminated mathematically.
Ya just gotts ta be a buzz kill eh?