Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2018, 09:20 AM

Default Need new well pump - Sundre area

So I have been having alot of issues this winter with water at the cabin... sewer freeze off, hot water tank issues, water pressure switch all fixed. I go out there this weekend and the pump doesn't seem to be working. I plug in the heat trace and nothing, so I disconnect the line, run a hose down about 25 ft and suck out the water in the line. Then I dumped 2 bottles of liquid fire down there. Several days later and still no water flowing. I really doubt it's a frozen line since this has never happened, and I think an ice plug would be thawed out be now.

The pump is about 23 years old. I can hear a humming from the well when the power is on. I don't know if this is usual since I have never noticed it before. From what I have read, 20 years for a pump's life is about standard.

Does anyone know of a reputable company to pull the pump and replace around the Sundre area? The well is 375 ft.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:25 AM

I used Blackdog drilling, no issues with them. You got a lot of years out of the old pump! Dont think the new ones are rated for that long.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:29 PM

Wild Rose Water Wells out of Olds are your go to guys. 403-556-6700. Prompt , professional and not unreasonable. Had them change our pump a few months back.

Grizz
Old 02-20-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Wild Rose Water Wells out of Olds are your go to guys. 403-556-6700. Prompt , professional and not unreasonable. Had them change our pump a few months back.

Grizz
X2
Rory Wagner is a good guy
Old 02-21-2018, 08:29 AM

I think I will give Rory at Wildrose a call, thanks for the recommendations
Old 04-23-2018, 11:29 AM

Just to follow up, I used Rory from Wildrose and they were great to deal with. They were on time, and didn't mess around. I would recommend them to anyone within their reach from Olds
Old 04-23-2018, 11:42 AM
Banned

good news, what was your culprit in the end? ate out fitting or pipe at the pump head, failed pump or other? after 10 years it doesn't owe you anything but saw a lot roll into the 15-25 year range no problem