Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-11-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
For a company that has limited dealers and does a ton of online sales in Canada and the USA, I do believe it is an issue when there is an "industry standard" draw length and then there is an "APA draw length". Just pointed out to the OP that APA's drawing long is a known issue. Other than that they seem to be a solid bow and I wish my bow had a fang and carrying handle like APA. IBO is based off 70 lbs, 30" draw and 350 grain arrow. So when APA puts on their 30" mod and it actually draws 30.75 to 31", that is how the IBO gets inflated. APA is not the only company that does this or is known to draw long. My Evolve 35 at 90% draws 3/4" long. Not a problem as it has a rotating mod. If I had to buy a different mod than I probably would have been ticked that it was not drawing to true length. My Bowtech's and Hoyt's have been spot on and several Primes I had were like the Evolve and draw long.

It was only a heads up to the OP.
I have never paid for a module switch on any if my APA bows. Dealers will usually just swap them out for you if it's an issue. Pretty sure if you bought one on line they would do the same. They dont really draw long....APA just sort of measures short. The little scamps. I've had 5 different APA bows. You wont go wrong with one.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:00 AM

Just had my draw module changed to one size longer after 2 weeks of owning the bow as I wanted to get a better anchor point with my thumb release and It was free. If you buy the bow new they will help you get it setup right! Takes 5 minutes plus you can make sure your cams are still timed after the strings stretch a bit!