No prob,

It's a very useful tool.

Here is some instructions on how to use:
http://esrd.alberta.ca/fish-wildlife...Dec13-2013.pdf

-AC
Old 07-29-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Noel View Post
It is my understanding that a substantial amount of the stream flow is diverted for agricultural irrigation. Perhaps at its historic levels it was large enough to support the fish?
I do not think there is any diversion in that area. Land use has drastically reduced water quality and has resulted in the flows being inconsistent (tree/ riparian removal, wetland draining). Story is sturgeon used to spawn in Big Lake, if you look at sturgeon biology this isn't even plausable habitat wise. Sure maybe a sturgeon or two showed up historically during a major flood (I have seen no reasonable record of this but maybe it happened) but it seems unlikely it was anything substantial. There is historical knowledge records of reasonable pike and walleye numbers fairly far upstream, i could believe that.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:29 AM

Well if trout creek has to have trout in it just cause it's called trout creek then Im definatly not wading in grease creek anytime soon and Im never going to the place the Bitch creek nymph was named after ..... god knows I get enough of that at home.

On a side note I was Fishing down at the oldman last weekend and I had big one on that got away but I could have sworn he looked exactly like Don Anderson Just Kidding Don.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:32 PM

Smile trout creek

hello,I fished trout creek a few years back in the upper section.Late in the season,it was the strangest little stream.Parts of it disappeared underground then reappeared downstream with flow leaving fat little cuties trapped like fish in a barrel but still healthy. Real spooky fish.Plan to try it again a little further down and a little earlier.Yes it was powerful medicine.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:48 AM

Default Important info

Hey River Ghost, you should talk to district fisheries biologist with AEP or the ACA about what you saw there and exactly where you saw it. Those types of observations are potentially very useful. Are those pure cutthroat? Could be. The semi-permanence of that type of water could prevent hybridization. The reason they are looking good is that there is flow in the gravel (interstitial flow). Anyone who sees that type of scenario in Alberta with native cutts or bulls in it needs to report it to the local biologist for assessment. They may already know about it... but maybe not. The stellar native bull trout fishery/native trout stronghold that has developed in lower Kananaskis Lakes is largely because a concerned angler talked to a biologist.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:20 PM

You are absolutely right.I'll try,I just hope they'll show a little more interest than the two times I called in tags from bow river fish.Still worth a try,after all they did give me a day of memories.I think god painted those ones himself.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:41 PM

Very cool Riverghost!
Old 04-24-2018, 10:08 PM

so,after a 45 min. runaround I was able to get the right # for the fisheries biologist down in Lethbridge. I called at 3 pm. & got message to call between 9 & 1 or 2 & 4.30 pm.?? Anyways I left a detailed message,hope he or she lets me know. p.s. is this not how to spell Lethbridge? This computer disagrees.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:52 PM

Default wash em good.

Hi again,didn't get to actually speak to the biologist,but a nice lady called me back.Said that they are well aware of the wild trout situation.She also asked me to remind fellow fishermen to wash waders,boots&nets before leaving.Especially on our smaller more sensitive waters.Lets not be lazy.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by river ghost View Post
hello,I fished trout creek a few years back in the upper section.Late in the season,it was the strangest little stream.Parts of it disappeared underground then reappeared downstream with flow leaving fat little cuties trapped like fish in a barrel but still healthy. Real spooky fish.Plan to try it again a little further down and a little earlier.Yes it was powerful medicine.
The fish are probably not cut off from downstream, most likely they swim right through underground, if the stream goes under ground and pops out a little further down with the same flow there will likely be underground channels large enough for fish to swim through them. Its probably where the big ones are hiding
Old 05-01-2018, 06:36 PM

I kind of thought the same thing when I was there,but also noticed that there was higher water marks like gravel pushes,cut banks,wood piles etc.Fish can probably travel freely in spring.Going out on a limb to spill some beans now.Google trout creek,find the green marker for dry coulee.Scan down from "where I was" about two K or so from the bridge.See the big waterfall?That might stop em'.Now look upstream directly under the cloud line,nice beaver pond with waterfall-dam.Wish I'd checked the sat. last time,may have to go exploring.

'
Old 05-13-2018, 01:41 AM

It's a great little stream. I have fished it a bunch of times. It's very small so anywhere there is a deep spot , corner, beaver dam there are fish. I've caught rainbows, cutties and brook trout in there on a single day. Lots of walking and lots of fun. The fish are very spooky but when you find one rising it will take just about anything you drift by it.

Tags
trout creek claresholm