Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-23-2019, 02:07 PM

Default Glenmore reservoir

Been fishing it quite a few times since it opened. Normally I find it quite an easy place to go and catch some pike from shore. In fact I’ve been fishing it for 3 years and o lot come away with nothing once. So far this year I haven’t caught a thing and only seen one. What’s the deal? Anyone else finding it to be a struggle? I’ve tried every lure I can think of also bait. Haven’t chucked a fly yet but the water is pretty high so not much room to cast. Only been fishing early mornings which hasn’t been an issue in the past
Old 05-23-2019, 04:54 PM

Could imagine the water level being back up from last year would have an effect on where the fish are at I’ve had a hard time locating them as well.

Did manage to get 2 last Wednesday, nothing big but no complaints, and a friends brother got 4 out in a boat the day before I got mine.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:32 PM

I had similar luck and have only fished the reservoir twice now. Do you know if it's possible to access the shoreline of the portion of the reservoir north of Glenmore Trail? I've driven around but can't seem to find a spot to access it with the construction work.