Canada’s Outdoor Outfitters Wholesale Sports

Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-13-2017, 11:32 AM
Stinky Buffalo's Avatar
Stinky Buffalo Stinky Buffalo is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: A bit North o' Center...
Posts: 5,880
Default Blackfoot (WMU 936) Orientation Sessions

For those that are hunting in 936 and haven't done their orientation session yet, this link shows the dates and times for the 2017 sessions.

Orientation sessions are mandatory, and are valid for five years. You do need to get your discharge permit renewed every year, however. This permit needs to be carried with you while hunting in the park.

The dates are:
  • Friday, August 25, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
  • Saturday, August 26, 2017 at 2:30 p.m.
  • Friday, October 13, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
  • Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 2:30 p.m.
  • Friday, October 20, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
  • Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 2:30 p.m.
  • Friday, October 27, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
  • Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 2:30 p.m.

They recommend calling ahead (780-922-3293) to RSVP.

It looks like the location has changed from previous years as well - it used to be held in the Park Office at Waskehegan, but the information at the parks link now states it's at the Miquelon Park Centre. Good move, IMO.

Best of luck to all that were drawn for elk or moose in there!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-13-2017, 01:33 PM
waterninja waterninja is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: edmonton
Posts: 11,448
Default

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not due for my next refresher till 2019. That sure seems like a much further drive for the orientation class. Have to admit it was pretty cramped in the basement of the ranger stn. where it used to be held. MPC looks like a nice facility.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-13-2017, 02:12 PM
Stinky Buffalo's Avatar
Stinky Buffalo Stinky Buffalo is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: A bit North o' Center...
Posts: 5,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Have to admit it was pretty cramped in the basement of the ranger stn. where it used to be held. MPC looks like a nice facility.
Cramped is right!

The last time I went, someone kept breaking wind during the session, which had quite an effect in such a small space. Oh, the dirty looks I received! (...understandably, as I was the only stinky buffalo in the room...)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-13-2017, 02:15 PM
TheDuchess TheDuchess is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I'm not due for my next refresher till 2019. That sure seems like a much further drive for the orientation class. Have to admit it was pretty cramped in the basement of the ranger stn. where it used to be held. MPC looks like a nice facility.
I went to the session in August, and I had no idea about MPC before I went. It's a beautiful area and the visitor center is definitely an upgrade from the ranger station.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-09-2017, 06:16 PM
Munchymoo Munchymoo is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 10
Default

Hello,
Just a quick question. Do these sessions have a maximum number for attendees? I called the park and requested a call back. Still waiting.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-13-2017, 01:04 PM
happy honker happy honker is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,339
Default

Is this still good to go for the 13th?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-13-2017, 01:21 PM
Stinky Buffalo's Avatar
Stinky Buffalo Stinky Buffalo is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: A bit North o' Center...
Posts: 5,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy honker View Post
Is this still good to go for the 13th?
According to the web site, it should still be good to go - although if you haven't RSVP'd by now there may not be room for tonight's session. RSVP at 780-922-3293.

For those that didn't get a call back within a day or two, I would suggest calling again... The staff get pretty busy at this time of year and they are doing their best to keep up.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-14-2017, 09:52 AM
lyallpeder lyallpeder is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
According to the web site, it should still be good to go - although if you haven't RSVP'd by now there may not be room for tonight's session. RSVP at 780-922-3293.

For those that didn't get a call back within a day or two, I would suggest calling again... The staff get pretty busy at this time of year and they are doing their best to keep up.
I find leaving a message then trying around lunch if the best way to get someone.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.