Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-16-2010, 07:14 PM

Default Mathews Focus Grip

Hey Guys,
Looking for some input. Have anyone used the Focus grip from Mathews? I am pretty new to the whole archery thing and just bought my first bow about 2 months ago. I'm shooting a Mathews Z7 and really love the bow. The thing I am concerned about is my grip, I think that I am torquing the bow from time to time as I find I am repositioning my hand quite often. I have some really experienced guys helping me with my form but any little bit of help I could get would be great. I'm thinking maybe the Focus grip would help or maybe a torqueless grip. Any and all info greatly appreciated.

5R Milspec
Old 07-17-2010, 09:13 AM

I shoot one on my Z7, love it!
Old 07-19-2010, 10:26 PM
Banned

i researched aftermarket grips for mathews just to see if there was a grip guys liked better, the torqueless came up most recommended followed by shrewd....i have an anchor sight that shows any hand torque and tested the stock new and slimmer mathews grip from the brand new 2010 monster xlr8 back to back with the torqueless and they really are 'torqueless', i had no adhesive on either grip so i could draw with one, let down and slap on the other and go back and forth and the anchor sight lined up almost instantly with hardly any hand jockey with the torqueless grip....had to jockey the stock grip almost everytime

this surprised me because the stock grip is more comfortable and feels better and i thought forsure i'd be sticking with the stock grip...now both my mathews are wearing torqueless

i've mentioned two products in this thread worth your googling and possibly trying out, hope that helps.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
i researched aftermarket grips for mathews just to see if there was a grip guys liked better, the torqueless came up most recommended followed by shrewd....i have an anchor sight that shows any hand torque and tested the stock new and slimmer mathews grip from the brand new 2010 monster xlr8 back to back with the torqueless and they really are 'torqueless', i had no adhesive on either grip so i could draw with one, let down and slap on the other and go back and forth and the anchor sight lined up almost instantly with hardly any hand jockey with the torqueless grip....had to jockey the stock grip almost everytime

this surprised me because the stock grip is more comfortable and feels better and i thought forsure i'd be sticking with the stock grip...now both my mathews are wearing torqueless

i've mentioned two products in this thread worth your googling and possibly trying out, hope that helps.
Thanks for the reply. I think that I am going to go with a torqueless grip. From all the reviews I do believe that it is my best bet.

Thanks