Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-24-2021, 02:21 PM

Default Live to Hunt crew.

I used to be able to watch Cody and Kelsey Robbins in small doses, mostly because they are from western Canada, but now I can’t handle the sight of them. Especially that commercial where he goes crazy yelling and screaming, and telling his wife how much he loves her. Her with that tongue stud in her mouth. I wonder if that commercial does them more harm than good. When I see it, I’m scrambling for the remote to change it to anything else.
Old 01-24-2021, 02:32 PM

Stopped watching him when he sold out 7yrs ago .I wonder if i would do the same if i was in his boots?
Old 01-24-2021, 02:58 PM

Default Live to Hunt crew

How did he sell out, I haven’t heard about that.
Old 01-24-2021, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
How did he sell out, I haven’t heard about that.
I haven't either, someone please do tell us the skinny here ??

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 01-24-2021, 03:10 PM

If you watch the show you'll know sponsor this, sponsor that, zoom in on the scope ,zoom in on the product, most of those shows are all about promoting the sponsor. Out of a 20-minute show you get about 10 minutes of advertising plus the Wild TV commercials not for me thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2021, 03:13 PM

I haven’t cared for Cody since his first appearances in Bentley Coben videos. Loved his videos FYI and still do. When L2H first started it wasn’t brutal. Always great footage. Can never deny or take that away and some incredible animals harvested. I could even handle when the sponsor endorsements got a touch excessive. But then Kelsey came on the scene, I just have no use or like for Diva’s. Seeing them is one thing but having to listen to them squawk like a magpie. God almighty. No thank you. It got over the top with the jubilations when an animal was taken. It’s hunting man - leave the acting to actors.

Anyway. Between watching L2H or freshly cut lawn clippings dry in the sunlight until ready for sweeping, I’ll take the lawn clippings and feel I wasted less of my life.
Old 01-24-2021, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
If you watch the show you'll know sponsor this, sponsor that, zoom in on the scope ,zoom in on the product, most of those shows are all about promoting the sponsor. Out of a 20-minute show you get about 10 minutes of advertising plus the Wild TV commercials not for me thanks.

Learned those tricks from his old buddy Jim Schocky. The king of endorsements.
Old 01-24-2021, 03:41 PM

Yeah I stopped watching him before Cody I did like his show on the Outfitter side of it

Old 01-24-2021, 03:48 PM

He is still better than most of the other garbage TV has to offer. Most anything on TV is what is the best of the worst to watch while being bombarded by commercials.
Old 01-24-2021, 03:49 PM

It’s just another hunting show people need to remember they all need sponsors to pay the bills

Not a big fan of the show but he paints hunting in a positive light and has ethnics so I have no issue
Old 01-24-2021, 03:49 PM

It’s tricky trying to pay the bills and keep the program content on track / keeping viewers happy.
But ya, they came from the Shockey mold for sure.
If they dropped a few min of commercials we would see more sponsor items within the show.
Seems to be seeing both now anyways.

TBark
Old 01-24-2021, 03:52 PM

I haven't watched a hunting show in over 20 years. I believe im much better for it. I have only found one podcast I can stomach. Marketing is the Devil!

Tradquest is the podcast, i like they get oldschool archery legends on and listen to their stories.
Brad
Old 01-24-2021, 04:09 PM

Mr. Shockley....Knight muzzleloader, when my life depends on it! Thompson Center, when my live depends on it, Leupold, when my life depends on it, Hornady, when my life depends on it. Argo, when my life depends on it....All that and every animal he takes is “ancient”.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:11 PM

Of course there is a lot of advertising how the heck do you think he pays his bills, have you watched the rifleman lately, just as much advertising and you have to watch Jordan Walsh, that guy makes me want to puke.

Can you name anything these day you can watch without advertising, log onto the internet and over 1/3 of the screen is advertising flashing at you, try and watch a you tube video or read a story about some news, the world runs on advertising.

At least Cody has a realistic hunting show with average everyday people, he is ethical and if he gets a bit excited and is happy when a young or first time hunter fills a tag so what, you have to remember it's TV and made for TV.

Anyway just my 2 cents worth, the good thing is everyone has a channel changer so watch what makes you happy.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:25 PM

There is a lot worse out there, at least his programs tend to be about North American hunting, and not high fence hunting.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:37 PM

HAHA ya i cant handle them any more , and after I watched the commercial of Jim Shockey claiming he would die for Justin Trudeau I gathered up all his DVD's and sent them back to him with a note saying I would boycott any and everything he promoted , bunch butt kissers in my opinion just to make a name for themselves PFFFFffffffTTTTTtttt
shoot where their
going not where they been,
Old 01-24-2021, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I haven’t cared for Cody since his first appearances in Bentley Coben videos. Loved his videos FYI and still do. When L2H first started it wasn’t brutal. Always great footage. Can never deny or take that away and some incredible animals harvested. I could even handle when the sponsor endorsements got a touch excessive. But then Kelsey came on the scene, I just have no use or like for Diva’s. Seeing them is one thing but having to listen to them squawk like a magpie. God almighty. No thank you. It got over the top with the jubilations when an animal was taken. It’s hunting man - leave the acting to actors.

Anyway. Between watching L2H or freshly cut lawn clippings dry in the sunlight until ready for sweeping, I’ll take the lawn clippings and feel I wasted less of my life.
Wow pretty disrespectful in my opinion. A woman hunting and you compare her to a magpie. Maybe somebody is jelous.🤷🏼*♂️
I personally like the show, great footage great animals. They definitely put a lot of time in but you have to if you want to succeed in any business. Could be part of the celebration when they down something.
Old 01-24-2021, 05:10 PM

Agreed that the advertisements on their show have increased but that comes with running a successful business. I like that a good portion of their shows are from Western Canada and their crew are regular guys who love hunting for a living. I’ll take ten of their shows for one of the shows with Jordan Walsh or the “Bear Whisperer” guy. Those guys definitely need the vomit emoji mentioned already...lol
Old 01-24-2021, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownb View Post
Wow pretty disrespectful in my opinion. A woman hunting and you compare her to a magpie. Maybe somebody is jelous.🤷🏼*♂️
I personally like the show, great footage great animals. They definitely put a lot of time in but you have to if you want to succeed in any business. Could be part of the celebration when they down something.
Lol... no generalization directed at women at all. My comment was directed at one in particular that I can’t stomach. I’ve hunted with gals plenty of times of varying ages. Just this last fall for a week and she got right at it like anyone else. Why wouldn’t she? It’s a non issue. Disrespectful to her? Sure, I’ll give you that. That was intended. Disrespectful as whole to women in general? Not even close. Nice try though.
Old 01-24-2021, 05:17 PM

Default The bloodthirsty

Hooting and hollering I can do without.It feeds the anti-hunters perception of hunters in general.As for the I love you more drivel.......get a room .I want to watch hunting not 1-900 love connection.Endorsing brands for money is a sellout.Can't watch the show at all any more.
Old 01-24-2021, 05:31 PM

He is a bit much to watch for long that’s for sure.

-Billy Molls
Old 01-24-2021, 05:36 PM

Cody is a little over the top with the excitement after him or someone else makes a kill. I swear the guy almost blows a nut. As far as hunting shows go I think it’s one of the better ones. Worse shows are bone yard, the rifleman with Jordan Walsh and hit men with Blaine Anthony.
Old 01-24-2021, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
Mr. Shockley....Knight muzzleloader, when my life depends on it! Thompson Center, when my live depends on it, Leupold, when my life depends on it, Hornady, when my life depends on it. Argo, when my life depends on it....All that and every animal he takes is “ancient”.
And every guide is one of the top moose callers on the planet lol.
All that though I don't mind his show. There are far worse
Old 01-24-2021, 05:43 PM

The whooping and hollering is a real turn off for me. I think its incredibly disrespectful. The death of the quarry should be kind of a somber moment with maybe a backslap and a handshake among hunting partners.
I think the whole fist pump and woo-hoo stuff sends completely the wrong message to young hunters.
Just me 2 cents.
Old 01-24-2021, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Lol... no generalization directed at women at all. My comment was directed at one in particular that I can’t stomach. I’ve hunted with gals plenty of times of varying ages. Just this last fall for a week and she got right at it like anyone else. Why wouldn’t she? It’s a non issue. Disrespectful to her? Sure, I’ll give you that. That was intended. Disrespectful as whole to women in general? Not even close. Nice try though.
Wow over board. I never said you were disrespectful to ALL woman, don’t put words in my mouth. So like you said not even close. Nice try though.
So you said you were disrespectful to Kelsey. Tell me why. Is it just a judgement of her. From what I have seen she puts a good name out there for us hunters. My daughter looks up to her.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyn View Post
The whooping and hollering is a real turn off for me. I think its incredibly disrespectful. The death of the quarry should be kind of a somber moment with maybe a backslap and a handshake among hunting partners.
I think the whole fist pump and woo-hoo stuff sends completely the wrong message to young hunters.
Just me 2 cents.
I agree. Big turn off for me. I canceled Wildtv a long time ago because of cheese.

I like Cody though. Good footage, and has been said western Canadian hunts not behind a tall fence. No need for the histrionics though.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:36 PM

For those saying these programs have to pound the sponsors message or they won't exist? I don't see Rinella doing it. Just sayin.

I have no problem with Shockeys 1hr shows from the north camps when the guides and Wojo are the stars. The weeklies when his daughter gets involved are lame.

As for Live to Hunt? Giant pass. Guy acts like a 10 yr old and between he and his wife shaking and bawling everytime they put something down? No. Just NO. Heed the famous sports line and "act like you've been there before." Maybe they're Stan Potts kids.

The capper is The Riflemen. Worst hunting show on tv. I find myself praying for the animals. "Get him." "Please get him."
Old 01-24-2021, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownb View Post
Wow over board. I never said you were disrespectful to ALL woman, don’t put words in my mouth. So like you said not even close. Nice try though.
So you said you were disrespectful to Kelsey. Tell me why. Is it just a judgement of her. From what I have seen she puts a good name out there for us hunters. My daughter looks up to her.
You don’t think a touch overboard was how you started your response in the first place? I mentioned nothing of a woman hunting aspect. Had nothing to do with any woman hunting. It was about a person. That’s it. That’s all. I never responded to anything out there that you didn’t start off with so “wow” all you like. If I took it out of context, my mistake but I responded to what was written. Obviously neither of us were meaning for either response to go in that direction. Onward to meaningful discussion.

I’m sure you can appreciate not caring for or absolutely admiring some people. I happen to not be a fan of either. Other people do and that’s just fine. They show their support as you have. I express disdain which was explained in sufficient context in my initial post. I gave credit to quality footage and fantastic animals harvested. I’m just not a fan of the hosts. I don’t subscribe to any channels offering the show anymore so it isn’t viewed in the house. If it were, perhaps my daughter would also look up to her as yours does and love the show. She could fill her boots and maybe will at some point. Who am I to dictate who someone chooses as a role model? I chose & still choose my own for my own reasons and hope others do exactly the same. One of my best friends loves L2H. He sings praise and I bash. No biggie. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:54 PM

I thought I was the only one that didn’t like the commercials yet alone the show. I haven’t watched Cody since his days with Jim. When I see that commercial, I quickly hit last channel. He has an orgasm every time he shoots something. Everything is awesome with him. He should be in that kids LEGO movie singing everything is awesome.

What really turned me off was when he said he continues to feed and bait animals after the season is over, justifying his hunting style. What a joke.
Old 01-24-2021, 07:18 PM

About once a year the hunting channels are free on SaskTel Max, trying to persuade one to pay for them
I've had more than enough before the free month is up.