Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-24-2021, 04:54 PM

Default Got Cold Feet Ice Fishin ???? - Not Anymore Battery Operated Electric Socks

When I was a kid, I froze my feet more than once playing hockey on outdoor rinks in Wpg. These days I get cold feet quick, I’ve tried various socks, 1 pair or 2 pair, from the new high tech to old school wool. When I’m out on the ice at the crack of light, by noon my toes are starting to feel uncomfortably cold, even with a propane heater in my portable shack.

Scott picked up a pair & I got him to order me these from Amazon, so far wore them on 3 separate trips, do they ever make a difference, no more cold toes/feet. They have 3 different heat modes, the first time out I needed to turn them on around 11:00 am, started on High (Red) after 45 min too hot, turned them down to Low (Green) and I was good for the remainder of the day, came home with 50% power remaining. On my last 2 trips I turned them on to Low (Green) when I put my feet into my boots. They were perfect all day & when I returned home at 4:30 pm, I had 50% or more power remaining.

The socks are machine washable, they include a small mesh bag, but they recommend hand washing as a result of the built in tech/wiring.

It took me a bit to get used to wearing the socks with the battery stuck into the top of the sock, that’s 1.5” x 3” in separate little pocket.

Comes with everything in the pic’s … the brand is Begleri, package says 3 year warranty, but there’s a few equal to or maybe even better ones on Amazon, I paid $67.00 all in.

If you get cold toes/feet, give these some consideration.

Cheers

D.

Old 01-25-2021, 07:18 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Wife got some....says she is waiting to charge her socks as we are about to leave...wonder how durable they are?

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-25-2021, 01:01 PM

I got my husband a pair of ThermoCell inserts. They are wireless, don't get too hot, and lasts a while. He uses them hunting and fishing. It doesn't get so hot that it's uncomfortable and sweaty. They are perfect
Old 01-25-2021, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip-in-Z View Post
When I was a kid, I froze my feet more than once playing hockey on outdoor rinks in Wpg. These days I get cold feet quick, I’ve tried various socks, 1 pair or 2 pair, from the new high tech to old school wool. When I’m out on the ice at the crack of light, by noon my toes are starting to feel uncomfortably cold, even with a propane heater in my portable shack.

Scott picked up a pair & I got him to order me these from Amazon, so far wore them on 3 separate trips, do they ever make a difference, no more cold toes/feet. They have 3 different heat modes, the first time out I needed to turn them on around 11:00 am, started on High (Red) after 45 min too hot, turned them down to Low (Green) and I was good for the remainder of the day, came home with 50% power remaining. On my last 2 trips I turned them on to Low (Green) when I put my feet into my boots. They were perfect all day & when I returned home at 4:30 pm, I had 50% or more power remaining.

The socks are machine washable, they include a small mesh bag, but they recommend hand washing as a result of the built in tech/wiring.

It took me a bit to get used to wearing the socks with the battery stuck into the top of the sock, that’s 1.5” x 3” in separate little pocket.

Comes with everything in the pic’s … the brand is Begleri, package says 3 year warranty, but there’s a few equal to or maybe even better ones on Amazon, I paid $67.00 all in.

If you get cold toes/feet, give these some consideration.

Cheers

D.

Nice I also grew up playing hockey in Winnipeg on outdoor rinks Saint vital , you're about the same age as me I think, maybe we played hockey against each other.?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2021, 01:34 PM

I ran into a guy out sheep hunting last fall that had a heated shirt on. If I remember right, it didn't have sleeves, just kept the core warm. Said it made all the difference in the world, especially when sitting glassing.
The socks look like they would be great for long sits in a deer stand on a cold day
Old 01-25-2021, 01:39 PM

Thanks for the idea they look great. Just so everyone knows I just checked and they’re 10% off right now on Amazon also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2021, 01:58 PM

My wife needs this.
Every boot and sock we buy for her never works.

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 01-25-2021, 02:05 PM

How tall to where battery is on socks My winter boots are quite tall and wondering if battery would clear top of boot
Old 01-25-2021, 02:22 PM

Lots of mixed reviews on all these brands but if a crap shoot if you get a dud or not.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:19 PM

I bought electric socks for two of my sons for Christmas. They loved them, but one says his are dead already. I suspect he threw them in the wash though. That's a big no no with them apparently.
Old 01-25-2021, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty View Post
Lots of mixed reviews on all these brands but if a crap shoot if you get a dud or not.
I agree. I could use a pair for ice fishing for hunting not so much as I tend to hike about 7km in average per hunt. I was always cautious with any kind of heated gloves, socks, etc because of the reviews. I usually read the bad reviews as they tend to be the most relevant...
Old 01-25-2021, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzy View Post
How tall to where battery is on socks My winter boots are quite tall and wondering if battery would clear top of boot
From the bottom of the heal to the top of the sock is approx 11", it's better to have the battery below the top of my boots, it's more comfortable & there's no fear of tearing off the connecting battery cable or losing the battery.

The Mfg's warranty states 3 years, I hope these last, I'm looking forward to using them in my waders when I'm back in my float tube this spring.

D.

Old 01-25-2021, 09:14 PM

Couldn't edit my above post, wanted to add for the price, which I consider fair & reasonable for having cozy warm comfortable toes/feet while fishing for the entire day, they're a good deal.

Another way to look at it, the socks are the same investment as a box of beer at Costco, but the socks will keep you warm ice fishin during this cold weather and the beer will only give you a headache tomorrow.

D.

Old 01-26-2021, 01:04 PM

I too froze my feet when young have tried the old version heated socks twice{reg batteries} they did not last long at all.

3 years ago I bought the Therma Cell heated insoles with removable battery pack and a spare set of Batteries. For me they work great both hunting and ice fishing.

Only downside is hiking in to stands the battery pack in the heal is hard Easily remedied by swapping liners over once I get into my spot. Only missed one shooting opportunity from performing this task
Old 01-26-2021, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuyFishin View Post
My wife needs this.
Every boot and sock we buy for her never works.
...and never will lol. Girls gotta have lotsa footwear