Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-15-2022, 03:08 PM

Thumbs up F1 2022 first race Sunday!!!

I am certain there is some sandbagging going on, not sure why but qualifying will tell the story. I am hoping Lulu the runway model (ha) gets placed midfield somewhere, sure would like to see Max and Checo at the front with Carlos, Lando, Ricky Bobby Riccardo and Valteri.

Drive to survive 2021 was pretty good, but for everything that happened last year they could have had another 10 episodes.

Haas may have a chance this year???

Williams is done. Not sure how long they will continue to hemorrhage money without any points. Too bad. Maybe Andretti Co will finally re-enter the biggest race with the smallest cars.

Thoughts?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-15-2022, 03:23 PM

As usual, looking forward to this year's F1 season. Will be interesting to see who has got it right will all the new regulations. Hoping this year is decided on track not on the whim of some race director.

Last edited by Cigarguy; 03-15-2022 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-15-2022, 03:33 PM

No kidding. J Clarkson said it best, easily found. Family version is get rid of the stewards, the FIA, the bs and let them race. Politics still play too big a part in F1. Look at how many times Redbull got penalized in 2021, Mercedes 0.
Mercedes finally didnt get their way in the very last lap of the entire year, and 'No no Michael, it's not right, you have to reinstate Lulu!' Toto Wolff.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-15-2022, 04:02 PM

Default Lewis

Lewis all the way ! Will not get scr***d this year !!!
Old 03-15-2022, 04:04 PM

Watch all the stories on GP TODAY !
Old 03-15-2022, 04:04 PM

Anyone but Hamilton!

After that I'm cheering for the young guns and one old timer, Leclerc, Stroll, Norris, Verstappen, and Vettel.
Old 03-15-2022, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC HUNTER View Post
Lewis all the way ! Will not get scr***d this year !!!
you lose money or something? How did YOU get screwed?

Old 03-16-2022, 09:31 AM

It will be Mercedes, Red Bull or Ferrari it certainly wont be anyone else even close. New cars and new rules but the have nots will still be at a disadvantage. I guess i'm saying nothing will change. The big dogs will be leading the pack again. Hopefully its another season full of great racing and man drama😊
Old 03-16-2022, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Anyone but Hamilton!

After that I'm cheering for the young guns and one old timer, Leclerc, Stroll, Norris, Verstappen, and Vettel.
This.
Old 03-16-2022, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarki View Post
It will be Mercedes, Red Bull or Ferrari it certainly wont be anyone else even close. New cars and new rules but the have nots will still be at a disadvantage. I guess i'm saying nothing will change. The big dogs will be leading the pack again. Hopefully its another season full of great racing and man drama😊
I am hoping for rain races. That is where the true racing, the real fun is. Someone does a mazespin and it is chaos, only sorted when the dust clears or in the rain steam. Rain is the great equalizer.

Old 03-16-2022, 08:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I am hoping for rain races. That is where the true racing, the real fun is. Someone does a mazespin and it is chaos, only sorted when the dust clears or in the rain steam. Rain is the great equalizer.
Schumacher was the GOAT in rain
Old 03-16-2022, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Schumacher was the GOAT in rain
I miss Schumacher. Fondly remember getting up a 3 in the morning and going downtown to my buddies place to watch him race in his prime. Rough go with the skiing accident.
Old 03-17-2022, 07:53 AM

Love rain races ! So does Hamilton !
Old 03-17-2022, 07:57 AM

FIA will have to improve before I attend in Austin this year! The last race in 2021 was a just ...
Old 03-17-2022, 10:07 AM

Quote:
I am certain there is some sandbagging going on, not sure why but qualifying will tell the story. I am hoping Lulu the runway model (ha) gets placed midfield somewhere, sure would like to see Max and Checo at the front with Carlos, Lando, Ricky Bobby Riccardo and Valteri.

Drive to survive 2021 was pretty good, but for everything that happened last year they could have had another 10 episodes.

Haas may have a chance this year???

Williams is done. Not sure how long they will continue to hemorrhage money without any points. Too bad. Maybe Andretti Co will finally re-enter the biggest race with the smallest cars.

Thoughts?
Wankers!!!
Old 03-17-2022, 10:50 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Wankers!!!
Expound?

Old 03-17-2022, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Expound?
Gunther Steiners comment to a reporter about their performance. In the series I think first year.
Old 03-17-2022, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Gunther Steiners comment to a reporter about their performance. In the series I think first year.
Hahaha!!

I read your reply in Guenther's voice- and that smile lol.

I always feel for Haas, but they are in this predicament of their own making. To win you have to spend. And spend and spend and spend and spend.

Old 03-17-2022, 07:33 PM

Gunther Steiner is a breath of fresh air in F1. If you enjoy his humour, there is a Twitter account “Bantersteiner” He claims it is not his account but approves of the creators humour.
Old 03-25-2022, 09:46 AM

Really early yet, but it looks like it's going to be Ferrari and Red Bull in the top spots for most races so far.
Old 03-25-2022, 10:20 AM

I'm happy to see Ferrari back at the front. Watched Gilles Villenueve when I was young, fell in love with Ferraris back then. The Scuderia have such a rich racing history. I'm really hoping Andretti will be able to get a team in, F1 needs more competition.
Old 03-25-2022, 10:37 AM

It is nice seeing Red lead the pack, but to be completely honest being a person swayed by romantic movies, Ford V Ferrari gave me a little hate on the track for the Italians. Of course Henry's crew are not involved in open wheel racing, but the arrogance of the Italians (at the time) makes me wish for the underdog. Go Haas! lol

I feel terrible for Williams too. Such a massively rich history and heritage that is literally at the point of being the worst team of all time.

Old 03-25-2022, 12:41 PM
Banned

Default F1 psa

2022 new design changes, with respect to air flow

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=...18336966953052
Old 03-25-2022, 01:12 PM

My 13 year old is quite in to F1 racing. Not sure why no one else in the house is. We got a streaming membership so he can watch all the content, he’s got a steering wheel and special chair for the x box, we have to force him out of the ferrari sweater so we can wash it lol.
Old 03-25-2022, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyallpeder View Post
My 13 year old is quite in to F1 racing. Not sure why no one else in the house is. We got a streaming membership so he can watch all the content, he’s got a steering wheel and special chair for the x box, we have to force him out of the ferrari sweater so we can wash it lol.
Too bad Netflix's Race to Survive does not *beep* anything, he would love it.

Old 03-26-2022, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Too bad Netflix's Race to Survive does not *beep* anything, he would love it.
I think he watched it before we canceled Netflix, not sure. The swearing is ok, he’s not sensitive and has been around me.
Old 03-26-2022, 12:19 PM

The Houthis bombing the Aramco Jeddah facility puts some real meaning into Netflix “Drive to Survive”. No fake drama required, we’ll see if it makes the cut. Drivers met 4 hrs last night and agreed to race today.
Old 03-26-2022, 02:42 PM

Race #2 Hamilton starting 16th. Holy k-rap. Red Bull come a long way. Considering they being Honda built engines or are they still considered Aston Martin? I remember them when they first started. They were doing good in the races but always seemed to blow their engines. Not no more. Ferrari looking good for the early season starts. I always try to get up early and watch the races or PVR if the night before gets a little out of hand. Wonder how some of our fav's from years past would fair today. Fittipaldi, Andretti, Brabham
Old 03-26-2022, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
Race #2 Hamilton starting 16th. Holy k-rap. Red Bull come a long way. Considering they being Honda built engines or are they still considered Aston Martin? I remember them when they first started. They were doing good in the races but always seemed to blow their engines. Not no more. Ferrari looking good for the early season starts. I always try to get up early and watch the races or PVR if the night before gets a little out of hand. Wonder how some of our fav's from years past would fair today. Fittipaldi, Andretti, Brabham
Seems like Mercedes did focused too much on last year and fell behind this year. They will catch up.

Aston Martin never supplied engines for Red Bull, they were Renault engines rebranded/marketed as Aston Martin. At the time Aston Martin was a major RB sponsor. When Red Bull switch to Honda engines, initially the engine was not competitive but as last year showed, Honda invested a lot of $$ and caught up. Honda pulled out after this year but Red Bull bought a lot of Honda's tech and hired most of their engineers. Red Bull is currently building their own in house engine based on and a successor to last year's Honda engine. It is basically a Honda engine with support and development by former Honda employees.

Still shaking my head on Honda pulling out after spending all that time, money and resources. Finally won, then left. At least they did not leave a year too early. The last time they left, Brawn GP won the drivers and constructors the year after. Granted Brawn GP did no use Honda engines but Mercedes but the team was essentially Honda.
Old 10-30-2022, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Anyone but Hamilton!

Well, that worked out a little too good, almost feel sorry for the guy. Zero pole positions, zero wins, not in the top 5. Guy fell off a cliff. I'd say it's the car, but Russel is doing better.