Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 01-29-2016, 12:57 PM

Default Last receiving date extended

Talked with Senneker today and it has been extended to Feb. 13th, for them anyway.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:40 PM

Ya I had heard the 12th somewhere a week ago. Must be true then
Old 01-29-2016, 02:30 PM

Just got off the phone with halfords and they said there last receiving date is February 5 still.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:51 PM

Anybody talk to the Ata in Westlock?
Old 01-29-2016, 02:56 PM

Hi guys. New to the forum, but it seems like a great place to chat about the sale n such. In a conversation with Mary yesterday about sending coyotes directly to Winnipeg rather than local, she said that the 22nd would be the last day to get them there. Translates to the 12th as the local LRD perhaps? She had also mentioned the possibility of another extension depending on the numbers they start seeing. Wait and see I guess.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:13 PM

I just called the Ata and they have not extended the last receiving date yet. Still Feb 5.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinGun View Post
Hi guys. New to the forum, but it seems like a great place to chat about the sale n such. In a conversation with Mary yesterday about sending coyotes directly to Winnipeg rather than local, she said that the 22nd would be the last day to get them there. Translates to the 12th as the local LRD perhaps? She had also mentioned the possibility of another extension depending on the numbers they start seeing. Wait and see I guess.
So do you plan on shipping on the greyhound direct to Winnipeg?
Old 01-29-2016, 04:20 PM

Thinking about it. A long story on why, but a few factors have got me pondering it lately. Going to rough out the costs of getting them there and see. I seemed to pay a lot to greyhound them to an albertan collector for tomorrow's sale this year so if the price is reasonable, I'll try it. Remember that as long as it's solely coyotes, I skip the export permits so it should boil down to straight shipping.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinGun View Post

I just dropped off all of the coyotes that I had ready to the ATA and neither Coral nor Linda mentioned anything about an extension, even after I told Coral that I'd be bringing more in next week. Someone in the know getting news of an extended receiving date before everyone else?

I think that this is great news if it is true. An indication of supply not meeting demand perhaps?
Old 01-29-2016, 04:40 PM

Thanks Dave. Glad to be here!! Might be worth someone else inquiring with NAFA. A direct cut n copy quote from them yesterday in email from Mary before the convo turned to phone..."I am currently saying we will take goods until the 22nd of February although that could still be extended further. A lot will depend on the quantities that start to show up." Not sure if I would take it for gospel but it seems pretty close. The question is whether local depots will push the date. Not entirely sure how that works. Maybe Marty will hear something more official and fill us in. Tough to compare apples to apples when the context of my discussion with NAFA was more to do with shipping direct to Winnipeg.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:09 AM

PM'd Marty last week when I heard then rumours and he told me the 12th. Works great for me! Should be able to get it all in with the exception of some late season coyotes!