Originally Posted by TyreeUM View Post
is he french?
even worse, hes from Saskatchewan!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 05-31-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun View Post
im in the same figurative boat as photo..... especially now that my car wont start......... and no the battery is not dead.
corisca?
Old 05-31-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
even worse, hes from Saskatchewan!
Nova Scotia....150 ford
Old 05-31-2011, 06:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoplex View Post
If it was true that Burbot was not a game fish, it would come under the section here of "Non-game fish - no restriction on the numbers kept", but it doesn't. It clearly states that there's a province wide limit of 10 burbot.

I find it odd none of you knew this! There was a thread over the winter about those hundreds of burbs someone found on the ice, and they couldn't understand why there was no restriction on wasting burbot.

I can't find the thread now, but I think the consensus was that Burbot is/was viewed as a nuisance/pst fish.
That Ice fishing thread irks me everytime someone pulls it up and after hearing the stats last night that 51% of people utilising food banks are employed full time and have family to feed,,, then we throw away and even condone the act of wasting not only a fantastic tasting fish but one with extremely high nutritional value. my favorite part of the wiki page on burbs is;

In the 1920s, Minnesota druggist Theodore "Ted" H. Rowell and his father, Joseph Rowell, a commercial fisherman on Lake of the Woods, were using the burbot as feed for the foxes on Joe’s blue-fox farm. They discovered that the burbot contained something that improved the quality of the foxes’ furs; this was confirmed by the fur buyers who commented that these furs were superior to other furs they were seeing. Ted Rowell felt it was something in the burbot, so he extracted some oil and sent it away to be assayed. The result of the assay was that the liver of the burbot has 3 to 4 times the potency in vitamin D, and 4 to 10 times in vitamin A, than “good grades” of cod-liver oil. The vitamin content varies in Burbot from lake to lake, where their diet may have some variation. Additionally, the burbot liver makes up approximately 10% of the fish's total body weight, and its liver is six times the size of those of freshwater fish of comparable size. Ted also found in his research that the oil is lower in viscosity, and more rapidly digested and assimilated than most other fish liver oils. Ted went on to found the Burbot Liver Products Company which later became Rowell Laboratories, Inc., of Baudette, Minnesota, and is today a subsidiary of Solvay Pharmaceuticals of Brussels, Belgium.

Evelyn C. Smith researched and developed of the use of livers from the fresh water burbot for fish oil strong in vitamin A and D. She started during the Great Depression (1929) by offering free burbot oil to the poor and grew to commercializing the oil until the sale of the production equipment to the Rowell Fish Company in 1940
Old 05-31-2011, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
corisca?
no. worse. my run around malibu. guess i will have to jump up and get back to paying out the ass to insure my truck in alberta. I was on BC plates. Spent the summer there one year ans switched. wasnt forced to change them back because i was a student. paid 1/3rd the cost of insurance in alberta. the car was a peice of **** but it only cost 60 to fill the take and go 450 - 500km. the truck will cost around 130 to fill the take and go 550-600 in the city. + I will be insuring it in alberta again........ just not what I needed. I was going to have to do it when the boat was ready to be pulled but still I was hoping to wait a bit yet
Old 05-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
no. worse. my run around malibu. guess i will have to jump up and get back to paying out the ass to insure my truck in alberta. I was on BC plates. Spent the summer there one year ans switched. wasnt forced to change them back because i was a student. paid 1/3rd the cost of insurance in alberta. the car was a peice of **** but it only cost 60 to fill the take and go 450 - 500km. the truck will cost around 130 to fill the take and go 550-600 in the city. + I will be insuring it in alberta again........ just not what I needed. I was going to have to do it when the boat was ready to be pulled but still I was hoping to wait a bit yet
did you try putting the keys in the ignition and turning them?

as to fishin for burbs at the rez, I'd rather night fish for them at the badger and try for some walleyes and Joe the 50" pike.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:54 PM
Banned

+ i have a bunch of other difficult money tightness to worry about right now + gf birthday comming up + the anniversary. might have to put some fishing plans on hold or even get rid of some stuff. Fug
Old 05-31-2011, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
did you try putting the keys in the ignition and turning them?

as to fishin for burbs at the rez, I'd rather night fish for them at the badger and try for some walleyes and Joe the 50" pike.
whatever. if you want to do it this weekend then let me know. I dont care where I go any more. I just need to fish. lol. if you want to goto badger let me know.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
+ i have a bunch of other difficult money tightness to worry about right now + gf birthday comming up + the anniversary. might have to put some fishing plans on hold or even get rid of some stuff. Fug
how much for the alibu?
Old 05-31-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoplex View Post
Yeah - you can see on that last photo, on the right, something's already had a good feed on that one.

Still, doesn't make any sense
This changes everything - the birds were eating the burbot? whoa whoa those burbot were NOT wasted, these people need to be brought in for questioning...
Old 05-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
how much for the alibu?
what do you mean GM?

Does anyone else here feel that his conversation could be happening else where.....say like on PM......... not that I have any desire to change where it is now...... just wanted to see if im the only one.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyreeUM View Post
This changes everything - the birds were eating the burbot? whoa whoa those burbot were NOT wasted, these people need to be brought in for questioning...

Speaking of wasted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2fZc...embedded#at=40
Old 05-31-2011, 07:01 PM

After nine pages of everything yet nothing (sounds like Seinfeld).....I think we can eliminate all other threads and combine them into only this one.......

Lefty
Old 05-31-2011, 07:05 PM
Banned

HEY BeeGuy, welcome to the ADD end of the forums,,, do you like Burbot fishing? Have you eaten one? Have you tried the liver fried and spread on toast? If you answer I drive a Chrysler with a loud muffler, you are a certified AOfishingF member.

Wait till next year when the ice is too thin to fish, that's when it becomes the proverbial kicking of the saloon doors in here. For a decent appetizer look up the "Quality Trout" thread, read the whole thread in one sitting and then add a comment. After that, a fine entre' of "Introducing Bass" should whet your stone enough to post a morsel,,, and an equally delectable aperitif is to sit sipping a bottle of whiskey and read through every single post by "Fish Hunter 7", by the end of the bottle when your eyes are crossing it will all make sense.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
HEY BeeGuy, welcome to the ADD end of the forums,,, do you like Burbot fishing? Have you eaten one? Have you tried the liver fried and spread on toast? If you answer I drive a Chrysler with a loud muffler, you are a certified AOfishingF member.

Wait till next year when the ice is too thin to fish, that's when it becomes the proverbial kicking of the saloon doors in here. For a decent appetizer look up the "Quality Trout" thread, read the whole thread in one sitting and then add a comment. After that, a fine entre' of "Introducing Bass" should whet your stone enough to post a morsel,,, and an equally delectable aperitif is to sit sipping a bottle of whiskey and read through every single post by "Fish Hunter 7", by the end of the bottle when your eyes are crossing it will all make sense.

you missed the BEST stuff
Old 05-31-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
you missed the BEST stuff
Old 05-31-2011, 07:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
whatever. if you want to do it this weekend then let me know. I dont care where I go any more. I just need to fish. lol. if you want to goto badger let me know.
DuDe??? Did you just open with a Whatever?

How about dinker trout that taste like butter, you could make a weeks worth of candied rainbows in the smoker,, I'll even buy you the maple syrup for your Brauns famous whitefish Brine.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:29 PM
Banned

lol. just let me know. now if you excuse me, now that I have spent an hour at mount royal after walking here from bow trail where my car is sitting dead in a parking lot. I have to figure out the best bus / walking route from mount royal to the gfs place. screw it. im calling a cab.

pm / text me gustav. chubbs, im not sure if I sent the PM to you asking you to give me a call tonight about the motor stuff. if not pm me your number. Im not fully sure exactly what information your looking for
Old 05-31-2011, 07:42 PM

Im goin to wabamun
Old 05-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alodar View Post
Im goin to wabamun
has this thread turned into a place where you just shout out random things your about to do..........

im going to spread pine bark chips in my girlfriend's flowerbeds.........

Old 05-31-2011, 08:05 PM
Banned

I'm goin with my Dad tomorrow for dinker trout (he's pickin worms right now). He made a good point about stocking lakes that don't winterkill,, like why don't they stock fish in October, so by the next casting season they've figured out the natural feed and grown up a bit. WAIT,,, this isn't the quality trout thread.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:07 PM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
has this thread turned into a place where you just shout out random things your about to do..........

im going to spread pine bark chips in my girlfriend's flowerbeds.........

don't forget to wear rubber gloves.

euphimisms are fun
Old 05-31-2011, 08:18 PM
Banned

WoW!! A friend just bought a place on Ghost Lake and has offered a spare room for anytime I want to head out, which for there is great, (i.e., wind, bugs, wind, more wind, windyness, strong breeze, etc...)
Old 05-31-2011, 08:32 PM
Banned

Quote:

Sorry FH7, but I took one of your longer posts and tried autocorrect in Word and it couldn't correct or even guess some of the words. You should consider a career in cryptoanalytics,, you could write the cyphers, they're stealth proof,, al Qaida would take up sipping scotch to figure out your codes and eventually take up fishing out of pure confusion.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Sorry FH7, but I took one of your longer posts and tried autocorrect in Word and it couldn't correct or even guess some of the words. You should consider a career in cryptoanalytics,, you could write the cyphers, they're stealth proof,, al Qaida would take up sipping scotch to figure out your codes and eventually take up fishing out of pure confusion.
.......GM where have you been? the guy has a lifetime ban lol and we all still hack on him.....although he is probably sitting around with a few garden gnomes, sipping mojitos, counting his wifes huge tax return, and pumping iron to figure out how to find and get back at all of us.....

Lefty
Old 05-31-2011, 08:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
.......GM where have you been? the guy has a lifetime ban lol and we all still hack on him.....although he is probably sitting around with a few garden gnomes, sipping mojitos, counting his wifes huge tax return, and pumping iron to figure out how to find and get back at all of us.....

Lefty
wait what? FH7 is banned? what did I miss here? makes sense, I havent heard from him in a long time
Old 05-31-2011, 08:39 PM
Banned

Quote:

Lefty
I was in Black Diamond and obviously missed something,,, how did Fish Hunter 7 get banned,, maybe he was read wrong,,, fill me in Lefty!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:

Lefty
HUNH? I missed this one! What happened?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I was in Black Diamond and obviously missed something,,, how did Fish Hunter 7 get banned,, maybe he was read wrong,,, fill me in Lefty!
he is logged on
Old 05-31-2011, 08:42 PM

Actually it is Fishhunter9....not FH7. Yes our weight pumping mojito drinking friend lost his cool one too many times and therefore he has paid the ultimate price....

Lefty