Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-06-2019, 08:42 PM

Default Rimfire ammo Calgary

Coming to Calgary and would like to pick up some quality rimfire ammo. My gun likes the SK standard LR22 but that is about the best I have tried. I have tried all the standard stuff I can get around here. I need some 22wmr and .17hmr too. Give me some ideas.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:00 AM

For .22lr I think it’s Calgary Shooting Centre that has the best selection of Gucci target ammo but for .22 WMR their selection is limited so for that cartridge I’d suggest Cabelas 1st and Bass Pro 2nd.

The Canadian Tire at Macleod Trail & Southland Drive has a pretty good gun counter and ammo selection so don’t overlook them just because they’re a CT.

Pro Line Shooters in Inglewood is small but has all kinds of character and the prices are good (I think the buildings probably been paid off since around when Mulroney was PM). Not a huge inventory but a recommended stop nonetheless. They do armorer work for the film industry so there’s a pretty cool wall full of signed celebrity photos.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:49 AM

Cabela's is right off of Deerfoot / Hwy 2, they carry mostly CCI and the rest of the standard brands, but also carry Eley. I'm not recommending them for best selection, but ease of access to the store. Otherwise, I'd take Caber Tosser's advise.