Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-14-2019, 08:46 PM
Banned

Default Bushnell...... Wow!

So about 15 years ago I bought some Bushnell elite binoculars, really nice glass on them but after a couple years the diopter crapped out so I sent them in for warranty. A while later I got them back but it wasn’t long before the diopter crapped out again. By this time I had a set of Swarovski EL’s so I just put the busnells in the closet.

A couple weeks ago I was digging through the closet and I found the elites so I decided to send them back to Bushnell. The other day I get a package in the mail, I don’t think it was 2 weeks since I sent the elites back, I open up the package and it’s a new set of Bushnell Forge binoculars. Up until then I had never heard of the Forge line from Bushnell and I gotta say I’m really impresssed with the optical quality of these bino’s!

A big thanks to Bushnell on this one for such a fast hassle free, and unexpected resolution to this, really impressed with Bushnell and how they back their products.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:55 PM

Had to look up diopter ..... but pretty good for a 15 year old pair of binos and sounds like great customer service.

Nevertheless, keep the EL's ...... I'm sure they are superior, but nothing wrong with a decent backup.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
So about 15 years ago I bought some Bushnell elite binoculars, really nice glass on them but after a couple years the diopter crapped out so I sent them in for warranty. A while later I got them back but it wasn’t long before the diopter crapped out again. By this time I had a set of Swarovski EL’s so I just put the busnells in the closet.

A couple weeks ago I was digging through the closet and I found the elites so I decided to send them back to Bushnell. The other day I get a package in the mail, I don’t think it was 2 weeks since I sent the elites back, I open up the package and it’s a new set of Bushnell Forge binoculars. Up until then I had never heard of the Forge line from Bushnell and I gotta say I’m really impresssed with the optical quality of these bino’s!

A big thanks to Bushnell on this one for such a fast hassle free, and unexpected resolution to this, really impressed with Bushnell and how they back their products.
Is it Gentec that does the warranty work in Canada for Bushnell?

I have a spotting scope that needs repair.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2019, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranq78 View Post
Is it Gentec that does the warranty work in Canada for Bushnell?

I have a spotting scope that needs repair.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
I sent them right to Bushnell in Ontario.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:36 PM

This type of story is really nice to hear, sometimes when I buy something and they put so much bla, bla, bla about their warranty and we all hear story’s about company’s “forgetting” about the warranty they preached.
Good on Bushnell!!!
Old 10-15-2019, 04:44 AM
Banned

I have nothing but good things to say about Bushnell. I sent them back a scope that had lost its seal and allowed moisture inside so the scope was all fogged up internally. I'd had the scope for 10 years at that point, no receipt, no original box just a hand written note in the package I sent them. They mailed me a brand new scope two weeks later.

I have a set of Bushnell binos that have seen 22 hunting seasons so far and they are still good to go.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I sent them right to Bushnell in Ontario.
I have 3 scopes that need to be looked at. Did you contact them first or just send them in with a explanation? Would you have contact info as to where you sent them handy?
Old 10-15-2019, 07:25 AM

Anybody I know that sent Bushnell product in for servicing has been nothing but completely satisfied!
I remember one friend who sent in a very old Scope Chief and because they could not repair it they sent him an upgraded!
Cat
Old 10-15-2019, 07:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehunter View Post
I have 3 scopes that need to be looked at. Did you contact them first or just send them in with a explanation? Would you have contact info as to where you sent them handy?
I called them first to find out what to do, they said put a $10 check in the box for return shipping and include a discription of what went wrong with it. I told them I don’t have a check, they said just send them with the note.

Here’s a link:

https://www.bushnell.com/contact-us/
Old 10-15-2019, 09:09 AM

That's great to hear. I don't have any Bushnell glass but have looked through some of the new stuff and for the price point it seems like pretty good quality.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:43 PM

Default Bushnell warranty fail

My Bushnell warranty experience last month,

Purchased new scope from well regarded store, primarily because of ‘new improved’???? Bushnell warranty and large 80moa reticle travel range suitable for long range training.
Scope magnification adjustment ring failed on 1st range trip & 37 shots of 22LR.
Scope was properly installed and had NO ring marks or other indication it had ever been mounted or used.
Packaged scope in original box with all paperwork (inside outer shipping box)
Mailed scope to Canada address specified in the warranty paperwork. Cost $20 + $10 Bushnell warranty fee.
2 weeks later I received a parcel pickup notice and had high hopes.
Post informed me parcel refused by address. I had to pay another $20 charge for return to me.
Phoned Bushnell and was informed my new scope was no longer available for replacement, but may be repairable. Telephone call was very pleasant and suitable repair or replacement and good communication promised.
Re-mailed parcel to new address = another $20 postal charge ($20+20+20+10=$70 + packaging & 3 trips to Post Office).

I VERY carefully researched current Bushnell scopes to find a suitable replacement.
I emailed the customer service agent spoken to previously, a copy of original letter enclosed with scope detailing problem, and a full list of both acceptable AND UNACCEPTABLE replacements if repair was not practicable.
I offered to pay additional cost for a suitable but higher cost replacement.
I requested that I be notified of any proposed replacement before shipping.
In both my email and enclosed letter I requested return by mail and NOT UPS, as prior experiences with UPS delivery to my rural address was unreliable and unacceptable.

I received 3 notices (by mail & email) confirming receipt of email and returned scope, and information how I could track the repair and return.
I made several attempts to use the repair tracking system, but the tracking number provided did not work. (I suspect it is USA only).
I reported the repair tracking system failure several times, but received NO REPLY to any.

After ~6 weeks I again reported the tracking system failure and lack of information regarding repair or replacement, but received NO REPLY.
Some time later, my neighbour informed me that a package had been left on the step of a rental cabin on their property, but had no paperwork or signature provided, other than a UPS label.
The replacement product sent was TOTALLY UNSUITABLE and UNACEPTABLE for my needs as it had only 50moa of vertical range and would be unsuitable for use on a 20moa P-rail.
I sent several emails to warranty customer service but have received NO REPLY.

I sold the un-opened replacement scope for a significant loss, (of both money and significant time and effort,)
and was very happy to end this sorry experience.

I have several older Japan built Bushnell scopes that are still functional (and two failed binos), but
I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER BUSHNELL PRODUCT.

A Google of ‘bushnell warranty fail’ and similar, will find MANY similar reports, most advise that older, better quality (Japan built) Weaver and other Bushnell products NOT be returned to Bushnell for service, as they will likely be replaced with a current ‘equivalent’ but vastly inferior Chicom product totally unsuitable for original intended purpose. This is especially true of ‘target’ scopes, like the Weaver T series and similar.

IMHO, Bushnell is just another mass marketer that would rather find new purchasers than service existing owners. They declined to SELL me a more expensive replacement (that would have likely resulted in purchase of additional products,) or to provide proper communication.

I note that there are LOTS of Bushnell products NOT selling on the B&S and at Shows.

I talked with Trace Scope Repair and was informed that many/most China optics are not repairable, (or even worth opening up) as they are often assembled with ‘hot glue’.

To those reporting good experience, “Be thankful for luck, but don’t count on it.”

Good Luck, YMMV.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwert View Post
My Bushnell warranty experience last month,

Purchased new scope from well regarded store, primarily because of ‘new improved’???? Bushnell warranty and large 80moa reticle travel range suitable for long range training.
Scope magnification adjustment ring failed on 1st range trip & 37 shots of 22LR.
Scope was properly installed and had NO ring marks or other indication it had ever been mounted or used.
Packaged scope in original box with all paperwork (inside outer shipping box)
Mailed scope to Canada address specified in the warranty paperwork. Cost $20 + $10 Bushnell warranty fee.
2 weeks later I received a parcel pickup notice and had high hopes.
Post informed me parcel refused by address. I had to pay another $20 charge for return to me.
Phoned Bushnell and was informed my new scope was no longer available for replacement, but may be repairable. Telephone call was very pleasant and suitable repair or replacement and good communication promised.
Re-mailed parcel to new address = another $20 postal charge ($20+20+20+10=$70 + packaging & 3 trips to Post Office).

I VERY carefully researched current Bushnell scopes to find a suitable replacement.
I emailed the customer service agent spoken to previously, a copy of original letter enclosed with scope detailing problem, and a full list of both acceptable AND UNACCEPTABLE replacements if repair was not practicable.
I offered to pay additional cost for a suitable but higher cost replacement.
I requested that I be notified of any proposed replacement before shipping.
In both my email and enclosed letter I requested return by mail and NOT UPS, as prior experiences with UPS delivery to my rural address was unreliable and unacceptable.

I received 3 notices (by mail & email) confirming receipt of email and returned scope, and information how I could track the repair and return.
I made several attempts to use the repair tracking system, but the tracking number provided did not work. (I suspect it is USA only).
I reported the repair tracking system failure several times, but received NO REPLY to any.

After ~6 weeks I again reported the tracking system failure and lack of information regarding repair or replacement, but received NO REPLY.
Some time later, my neighbour informed me that a package had been left on the step of a rental cabin on their property, but had no paperwork or signature provided, other than a UPS label.
The replacement product sent was TOTALLY UNSUITABLE and UNACEPTABLE for my needs as it had only 50moa of vertical range and would be unsuitable for use on a 20moa P-rail.
I sent several emails to warranty customer service but have received NO REPLY.

I sold the un-opened replacement scope for a significant loss, (of both money and significant time and effort,)
and was very happy to end this sorry experience.

I have several older Japan built Bushnell scopes that are still functional (and two failed binos), but
I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER BUSHNELL PRODUCT.

A Google of ‘bushnell warranty fail’ and similar, will find MANY similar reports, most advise that older, better quality (Japan built) Weaver and other Bushnell products NOT be returned to Bushnell for service, as they will likely be replaced with a current ‘equivalent’ but vastly inferior Chicom product totally unsuitable for original intended purpose. This is especially true of ‘target’ scopes, like the Weaver T series and similar.

IMHO, Bushnell is just another mass marketer that would rather find new purchasers than service existing owners. They declined to SELL me a more expensive replacement (that would have likely resulted in purchase of additional products,) or to provide proper communication.

I note that there are LOTS of Bushnell products NOT selling on the B&S and at Shows.

I talked with Trace Scope Repair and was informed that many/most China optics are not repairable, (or even worth opening up) as they are often assembled with ‘hot glue’.

To those reporting good experience, “Be thankful for luck, but don’t count on it.”

Good Luck, YMMV.

Well that sucks.

It must be my awesome good looks and amazing personality I guess
Old 10-15-2019, 07:48 PM

I sent a scope in to Bushnell for an old scope on my 22. In the letter attached I asked I could upgrade to a different model and just pay the difference as it may not handle the recoil of the semi. I got a email back almost the next day asking if I would like a varmint model and just pay the difference. I had the new scope maybe two weeks later.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:15 PM

I sent in my arc1000 rangefinders that went haywire after expired warranty. Sent me a new pair. I too was happy with Bushnell.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:29 PM

I must be lucky too. Had a 3200 Elite that was not as clear as the others I had on hand, new Elite in less than 2 weeks with superior glass.

Young fellow's 10 year old Excursion binoculars had obviously seen some abuse and the focus wheel was a little gritty, new upgraded model in less than 2 weeks with exceptional glass.

Bought a used set of Elite Binoculars for the buddy I hunt with. Screw came loose on the eye piece. Repaired to new, resealed and returned in approximately 3 weeks.

I could have any scope I want on my rifles and both sport Elite models. I know there is better glass but they are perfect for my needs, never fog and I have never had a Bushnell scope lose zero. I am also extremely pleased with my Legend binoculars. They are a good company with excellent customer service IMO and this discussion comes up on other forums as well with lots of happy users.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:52 PM

I had a well used pair of Bushnell Legend binoculars that I trashed the lenses by strapping to the front of the quad for quick picking, but rode through some willows.... no ones faul by mine, and they served for the rest of the hunt.
Replaced them with Stiener Predators which were great, but gave them away this Aug. Currently I am low on funds for better binoculars and think that the way manufactures treat entry level customers shows alit about them. So I picked up Bushnell General Purpose Binoculars ($59 regularly $119) and Nikon Prostaff 3 ($169 regularly $189) and will test them both this season. So far, no hunting, but I have carried the Bushnells on hokes and have been impressed by the optics considering the price. Next year I will look at Bushnell Forge or Nikon Monarch depending on the low end product performance. Maybe neither.