Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-30-2024, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
The blockade was a personal jab at trudo. I'm sure the power hungry dictator will delay the court date for as long as he possibly can. These poor souls won't even get $0.08 when the bs case is eventually thrown out.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
Then again, Trudeau won't slways be PM, and a new conservative PM, might throw some cash their way, just
to spite Trudeau. And it was actually $10m for Khadr the
murderer/terrorist.
Old 01-30-2024, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC1 View Post
Question
Does anyone know how long the statute of limitations is for the remand period.
I have been told that it is 30 months, but can't find it online.
Thanks.
There is no real limitation period for remand.

The Jordan decision states that a person should stand trial within 18 months. If not charges should be stayed (removed). There are exceptions.

In this case you probably will find that court appearance and trial has been delayed at least twice by defendants firing their lawyer. Last time just before their court date in December.

As to the publication bans, those were requested by the defense.

https://www.sott.net/article/488241-...-Chris-Carbert

Read the article not the headline.

Quote:
While a trial for the four men was set for June 2023, pre-trial applications by their lawyers delayed the proceedings until Dec. 11 in a bid to have the trial moved to a different venue. Mr. Olienick parted ways with his lawyer Tonni Roulston in December 2023, and his family confirmed on Jan. 8 that he would represent himself in court.
Thought I would quote an article that is firmly in support of the accused instead of being called a liberal.

https://calgary.citynews.ca/2022/06/...trial-delayed/

Firing of a lawyer in June 2022.

So all I am asking is who is delaying the trial? Doesn't seem to be the crown at all.

https://lethbridgeherald.com/news/le...ters-in-court/

Quote:
During a hearing Monday in Lethbridge Court of King’s Bench, Calgary lawyer Katherin Beyak, who represents one of four men charged with conspiracy to commit murder, said the court should issue a publication ban on information RCMP used to apply for search warrants, which ultimately resulted in the seizure of weapons and ammunition. The ban would include information already unsealed and released to the public previously by another judge
Again I ask, who is responsible for the delays and publication ban?

Sure doesn't look like the crown.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 01-30-2024, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
There is no real limitation period for remand.

The Jordan decision states that a person should stand trial within 18 months. If not charges should be stayed (removed). There are exceptions.

In this case you probably will find that court appearance and trial has been delayed at least twice by defendants firing their lawyer. Last time just before their court date in December.

As to the publication bans, those were requested by the defense.

https://www.sott.net/article/488241-...-Chris-Carbert

Read the article not the headline

Thought I would quote an article that is firmly in support of the accused instead of being called a liberal.

https://calgary.citynews.ca/2022/06/...trial-delayed/

Firing of a lawyer in June 2022.

So all I am asking is who is delaying the trial? Doesn't seem to be the crown at all.

https://lethbridgeherald.com/news/le...ters-in-court/

Again I ask, who is responsible for the delays and publication ban?

Sure doesn't look like the crown.
I thought the lawyer quit?

Also they requested publication ban because RCMP kept leaking stories about them being linked to white extremist groups,etc

People think you can sue RCMP but its not like in the States. Up here if you are a normal person you will go broke in court .
Lawyers are not going to take on a case and wait to get paid a decade later if you win going up against teams of government lawyers . Its just cheaper for them to drag out forever.
I don't know how natives and Omar Cotter types can afford all this legal stuff against government for years and years?
Old 01-30-2024, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
I don't know how natives and Omar Cotter types can afford all this legal stuff against government for years and years?
They don't pay. The taxpayer does, you and me. Thats how they can sue for whatever whim they have everytime you turn around. If they had to actually pay for their own lawyers, court expenses, etc., they would shut up and go away.

The social justice warriors and lobby groups have created a lucrative industry out of suing the government for special interest 'victims' with government money, they get rich and nothing changes for the people they are supposed to represent. It's a mind boggeling corrupt industry.

Last edited by Bushrat; 01-30-2024 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-06-2024, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid Crabtree View Post
If they had appropriate evidence to convict these men the trial would have been speedy. Instead they will serve the sentence pre trial and when they are desperate enough the crown will offer a plea down to a lesser charge and time served.
If they go to trial and are acquitted they will sue as they should.

They deserve to get bail and a timely trail but it’s becoming clear that the crown doesn’t want to present evidence.
Two of the men have accepted a plea and been released for time served.

This is how the crown avoids a public trial.
Now the crown doesn’t have to present evidence to the public. I don’t know the truth but I was hoping it would come out in court either way.
Old 02-06-2024, 04:09 PM

Quote:

Now the crown doesn’t have to present evidence to the public. I don’t know the truth but I was hoping it would come out in court either way.
So two years served for conspiracy to murder RCMP officers? That makes no sense, if they have a case that they are certain they will win. That makes me think that they have no case, and just want to avoid a trial.
Old 02-06-2024, 04:12 PM

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/coutts-al...tody-1.6758419

One pled guilty to conspiracy to traffic firearms and the other to unauthorized possession of a handgun.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 02-06-2024, 04:12 PM

Quote:

The Crown lays charges with offences placing defendants at risk of 30 years of jail time. Defendants take plea bargains at time served and maybe a small fine. State offers virtually no (more) punishment in exchange for conviction with no trial and no evidence presented. Conviction proves government was right all along. That's the point.

The process is the punishment, and a warning to anyone else about testing the State. It could be worse. Rodger Kotanko didn't live long enough to be charged, or even handcuffed.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 02-06-2024 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-06-2024, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
The Crown lays charges with offences placing defendants at risk of 30 years of jail time. Defendants take plea bargains at time served and maybe a small fine. State offers virtually no punishment in exchange for conviction with no trial and no evidence presented. Conviction proves government was right all along. That's the point.

The process is the punishment, and a warning to anyone else about testing the State. It could be worse. Rodger
Kotanko didn't live long enough to be charged, or even handcuffed.
Exactly, the process is the punishment, two years locked up with no trial , and likely bankrupt, and the government has not had to prove a thing.
Old 02-06-2024, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So two years served for conspiracy to murder RCMP officers? That makes no sense, if they have a case that they are certain they will win. That makes me think that they have no case, and just want to avoid a trial.
It looks to me that the crown is out to avoid a trial at all costs.
That is the reason for the long pretrial custody, to get the defendants broke and desperate.
Now the CBC reports that they pled guilty and there’s nothing to see here.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with the other 2 men.
Old 02-06-2024, 04:34 PM

Quote:
It looks to me that the crown is out to avoid a trial at all costs.
That is the reason for the long pretrial custody, to get the defendants broke and desperate.
Now the CBC reports that they pled guilty and there’s nothing to see here.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with the other 2 men.
Hopefully the other two hold out for trial, and force the government to prove a case. If they all take plea bargains, Trudeau wins.
Old 02-06-2024, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher View Post
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/coutts-al...tody-1.6758419

One pled guilty to conspiracy to traffic firearms and the other to unauthorized possession of a handgun.

ARG
If they committed armed robbery, they wouldn’t serve 2 years and all the firearms related charges would have been dropped. Disgusting.
Old 02-06-2024, 04:55 PM

It used to be hard to believe that in Canada the court system would arrest someone and detain that person until they're broke or ready to plead out. Now I'm not surprised at all. Standard tactic of the Woke is to bankrupt whatever they don't agree with.

Lysak should not have had his restricted firearm with him but 2 years in jail is very harsh for possessing a legally owned and registered firearm outside of his home.

I also don't buy that the Crown would have allowed a plea agreement if they had any real proof that there was a conspiracy to kill RCMP members. I hope they wouldn't allow a plea deal in a case like that.

Gerry Burnie
Old 02-06-2024, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
It used to be hard to believe that in Canada the court system would arrest someone and detain that person until they're broke or ready to plead out. Now I'm not surprised at all. Standard tactic of the Woke is to bankrupt whatever they don't agree with.

Lysak should not have had his restricted firearm with him but 2 years in jail is very harsh for possessing a legally owned and registered firearm outside of his home.

I also don't buy that the Crown would have allowed a plea agreement if they had any real proof that there was a conspiracy to kill RCMP members. I hope they wouldn't allow a plea deal in a case like that.

Agreed. While it's very obvious the 4 men have been rooked but good, if there's one iota of EVIDENCE proving conspiracy to commit murder heave the book at them. The yaller legs do lots I disagree with, threatening them ain't the answer.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 02-07-2024, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
[/B]

Agreed. While it's very obvious the 4 men have been rooked but good, if there's one iota of EVIDENCE proving conspiracy to commit murder heave the book at them. The yaller legs do lots I disagree with, threatening them ain't the answer.
I agree

Overcome evil with good.

Worse thing we can do is repay evil for evil. Just spread's it. Then we become what we are fighting against.

Good can come out what is meant for our harm if we we do our part.

Sometimes we are promoted by the ones trying to harm us.

Life sure isn't like those old TV shows we grew up watching.
Old 02-07-2024, 11:55 AM

It doesn't take long to get arrested if you threaten the almighty Justin. The RCMP seem to get right on that.
In the news today, a man is arrested in Montreal for threatening Dear Leader. Not much different than North Korea.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pau...eats-1.7107440
Old 02-07-2024, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
It doesn't take long to get arrested if you threaten the almighty Justin. The RCMP seem to get right on that.
In the news today, a man is arrested in Montreal for threatening Dear Leader. Not much different than North Korea.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pau...eats-1.7107440
Good thing they don’t read this forum- 90% of us would’ve been sitting in the same cell!