Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-20-2012, 01:45 PM

Default VIP Firearms

Has anyone here dealt with Sheldon Stoller of VIP Firearms (Winnipeg)? I was considering sending a gun to him for a rebarrel. he seems like a nice guy but thought I should do some due diligence. Thanks!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:34 PM

Haven't had any work done by him but I have purchased a shotgun from him, it was a nice gun at a good price. He shipped very quickly and communicated well.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy View Post
Has anyone here dealt with Sheldon Stoller of VIP Firearms (Winnipeg)? I was considering sending a gun to him for a rebarrel. he seems like a nice guy but thought I should do some due diligence. Thanks!
Rebarreling. Unscrew old barrel. Clean threads. Insert new barrel, righty tighty, lefty loosy. Torque correctly. Check and confirm head space. Lots of guys in area can do that less shipping charge. Just saying Personally, I couldn't give a hoot if he's a nice guy, I'd want the job done properly, not date him.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:42 PM

if you looking to get it done local(within alberta) talk to bob galloway at custom gun he did a 270 ai for me thats awesome
Old 08-20-2012, 10:23 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Being a "Nice guy" is only the first part of the test. I was seeking info with respect to his competency. I understand there is a little more to rebarreling than meets the eye. For example, not twisting or cracking the pistol frame while torquing in a new barrel, modifications needed to ensure front sightin proper alignment, etc. Thanks again.