Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-22-2020, 03:22 PM

Default Flag up!! Lake trout on the Ifish Pro

Well after that brutal Cold snap I took another sled ride across Cold lake to one of my favorite spots. The fish were very lethargic and this time with that being said the dead stick picked up a few extra fish while I was trying to set up(I'm waiting to here I told you so from a few of you on here). I should have known better to drop down before I got the cameras out and rolling as I had one fish pick up my tube while I was setting up, came around the corner to see I was on my backing already.... shortly after another one the same way.. Finally the third one took it again while I was still setting up fortunately I had my camera rolling for him. Lesson learned don't drop down until everything is set up!

Thanks to everyone on here sharing their experience with the deadstick I've definitely gained a little more confidence with his method when the bite is slow like this and look forward to using it more often in the future!

Check out my day for yourself below and like always look forward to your conversation & feedback!

https://youtu.be/RpWcvor0Zu0
Old 01-22-2020, 05:32 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

keep'em coming....your learning....fishing has no real rhyme or reason it's all about the presentation...kinda like chasing women...some like the flash, some like the dangle and some just like the good ol'dead stick!

like to see you bring one in on a 5 "O" diamonds...then I know you have mastered the "Rod"....

Gonna head over to the island one of these days....ya never know or over by the outlet of the river...some say it's a freak show of pike, walleye and yup lakers...some say...not giving any more info...tight lines Matt!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-22-2020, 05:59 PM

Another good watch Weav...thanks!

Osky
Old 01-22-2020, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
keep'em coming....your learning....fishing has no real rhyme or reason it's all about the presentation...kinda like chasing women...some like the flash, some like the dangle and some just like the good ol'dead stick!

like to see you bring one in on a 5 "O" diamonds...then I know you have mastered the "Rod"....

Gonna head over to the island one of these days....ya never know or over by the outlet of the river...some say it's a freak show of pike, walleye and yup lakers...some say...not giving any more info...tight lines Matt!
Well see you over there! I almost went to the island the other day when it was slow maybe next week I will venture over
Old 01-23-2020, 06:33 AM

Great video keep them coming, filming all my trips the last few years just got to figure out how to edit them now. sure like the new GoPro with the voice activation I lose a lot less fish trying to turn my camera on LOL

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2020, 08:11 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

You guys are like movie stars compared to my manual auger, telescopic rod, 10lbs mono , a one man pop up hunting blind and a little buddy heater...wife said if she keeps going out there will be heat and a pop up ice hut to snuggle in

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-23-2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
Great video keep them coming, filming all my trips the last few years just got to figure out how to edit them now. sure like the new GoPro with the voice activation I lose a lot less fish trying to turn my camera on LOL
Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Hopefully you get a few hogs this weekend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osky View Post
Another good watch Weav...thanks!
Osky
Thanks appreciate it Osky!