Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 09-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Dylan

Default Rabbits Near Edmonton

Hey guys. I'm very very new to bow hunting.... been into archery for a long time and finally ready to try for some rabbit. I've posted on the hunting board but they don't seem to interested in rabbit. I'd like some advice if anyone is willing to share..... Are there any spots (crown land or private with willing owners) where I can go for rabbit by bow? Preferably within an hour or so of Edmonton. Any locations, ideas, tips, tricks or advice would me much appreciated. I'm only 20 but I know it's the "old fellers" that have all the wisdom and I'm looking to learn! Thanks guys, hope to get some advice/ location ideas from ye.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Asmodeus

Default Rabbit Hunting

Hi Dylan,

Just wanted to say that there are plenty of rabbit around this year, and it is my favorite animal to hunt. I am not a bow hunter but you should be able to find lost of crown land out by Cyntha. That is where the family and I go. in the 338, 337 zone. Also there are some Natural Areas like the Parkland N/A out by Tofield that has rabbits. and Opal to the noth of Gibbons. Both of these list hunting as a supported activity.

Asmodeus